+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree22Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Notice: Grim Remembrance Weapons

Shield of Telara

On Prime here also, bought a weapon, the only one offered, didn't even see a level restriction. I'll be without a weapon tomorrow I guess (I'm level 42). I honestly thought the one I got was the level-specific one since there were no options at all on the weapons on Prime.

Guess that'll teach me, huh?

On Live I totally get the problem, a level 20 with a level 70 weapon is insane, (and on Live all level weapons showed, not just one item of each type). The level 50 on Prime is definitely not comparable to the issue on Live (though with a level 20 character using it, I just don't know).

Wish I hadn't sold the weapon I replaced. Hopefully I can find a suitable replacement I can afford, or if the one I have can be converted back to sourcestones and the corrected weapons placed on the vendor, so I can grab the level 40 one.
    Last edited by JDTAdmin; 07-31-2018 at 06:28 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    The clear level 50 label on the vendor window should have been quite an indicator that they're not intended for low level characters. Thus getting rid of your level appropriate weapons was entirely on you.

That said. I may go start crafting some lowbie green weapons and list them on the AH lol.
    For the ring and trinket, I bought the lvl40 version (my avatar is 39 and nearly 40). I bought also one ring lvl30. For weapons, I wanted to do the same : buy the lvl40 version BUT it was NOT possible ! only lvl50 version can be purchased. There are lvl10/20/30/40 version BUT with NO price, so I bought lvl50 version.
    THEN I saw that I can equip them, so I did and sold all my old weapons to have money and save bag space.

Now, with this update I will have NO weapons and for a TRION's bug I will stop playing on PRIME ... ok, it is my fault because I should not spend time to collect this specific money and buy what was buyable !
    If all people who are not lvl50 yet stop paying for Prime, I do not think this will be good for Trion or for remaining people on Prime.

At least offer the choice to decrease the level of the weapons with a npc, one for one (lvl50 against lvl20/30/40 ...) but just do like this (unequip weapons and activate lvl restriction) is like a /delete for many people.

Maybe TRION think that since they release the first raid, every avatar on Prime are lvl50, those who are not lvl50 yet are worthless and can be deleted.
    Last edited by werebadger; 07-31-2018 at 06:42 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatrix View Post
    In both settings, the merchant window displays the weapon level immediately next to the button to buy it. This was clearly a bug and will be fixed in the next update.
    Why was there no option for weapons on Prime except for the 50 one? That's a big issue.

And honestly, I looked at the tooltip for the requirements since there was only one item of each type.

Soulwalker

You should rethink this. As posters have already indicated, this was the single weapon to purchase on Prime. I don't know that everybody even bothered looking at the level listed on the vendor.

I myself did see the level, and thought that you were giving us a nice twinking weapon that hardly imbalances life on Prime - it's not like there was any indication to the contrary all these weeks. Twinking is a very real, very old concept that every MMO has in some form or another, why should I imagine that these items would be different?

As with other posters, my character has no alternative level appropriate item. So unequipping the item is a net loss that now I have to deal with, and I have to deal with it for doing nothing more than what the game allowed me to do.

At the very least then, consider making the items refundable for full value so that we can purchase something else with all of the marks that we've logged in and saved. It still leaves many of us without a viable weapon but at least it's not a total dismissal. If you unequip and make them non-refundable, you've left players with days/weeks of work for a reward they cannot use until a point where they will have access to better anyway, which is pretty depressing.

It is not only the weapons on Prime only had 1 buy option. It was also apparent from the essences and rings that they had multiple tiers to buy from.

One would have thought the rings and essences were meant to be bought at tier option and then used on the character that bought them.
    One would have thought the weapon was bought as is and not something to be confiscated later because why exactly ?

This is in relation to Prime where stats have different equivalent values then Live version. IE boss hp pools.

Shield of Telara

Okay, enabling the actual leveled weapons holding the vendor open for a week extra is good, but is there a way on Prime to return the item so we can actually buy the right level item? Not having enough sourcestone to replace the item is a problem. I'd rather swap out my 50 for the 40 one and I doubt I can get enough sourcestone before morning to buy the replacement.

Just allow us to turn in the weapon, nothing more is really needed.

Shield of Telara

Yep, already turned off this morning and I will be 50 short of replacing the weapon on Prime.

The vendors being turned on with no way to return the original (and only one available for the entire event) weapon is pretty pointless.

Will there be a solution?

Soulwalker

Angry

I, like so many others, bought the level 70 weapon, also believing we were being "gifted" this special treat. I have 4 characters I bought this weapon, for (or weapons for those that can dual wield). I also sold ALL of the old weapons I replaced for all 4 of those characters. My main, a level 65, and a main alt, 63, have been running around with this level 70 weapon for a week with no way of getting the old weapon back.

So how are we supposed to replace this weapon now? You didn't refund the shards so we are unable to buy the appropriate level weapon. We can't quest or kill mobs because, OH, we have NO WEAPON to kill mobs with! Many of us had awesome weapons that we replaced and SOLD; weapons we worked hard to get and we don't want to buy a crap weapon from the AH.

One more thing...you must have realized this mistake a week ago when you accidentally took the event away too early, but when the vendors showed up, the weapon in question was still not displaying "correctly", leading many to believe earlier suspicions of this being a "gift".

I just came back to the game after being away for a year...don't make this a reason for me to quit again.

Soulwalker

Such a tease. I too thought it was a gift, especially for players during the dead of the summer.
    Even had my 11 year old daughter running around with me closing death rifts.

Spent my limited time over 2 weeks (was on vacation 1 week) to get my 6 year old stale alts these weapons to finally level them and the rug has been pulled out from under me.

Soulwalker

Angry Grim Weapons - NOT OUR FAULT

Here again...I'm really surprised this hasn't received more attention. This issue needs to be addressed. We are being punished for something that wasn't OUR mistake. This "mistake" was allowed to go on for far too long and many people are paying dearly for it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2