+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Notice: Investigating Harvesting & Quest Issues

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Notice: Investigating Harvesting & Quest Issues

Hey Ascended,

We're investigating several issues related to today's game update that are adversely affecting harvesting and harvesting quests. We're looking into these issues and will try to get them fixed ASAP. Thank you for your patience!

-RIFT Team

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

This morning we initiated a restart for the Vigil shard in order to help fix this.

Additionally, in around 20 minutes, we will restart the NA shards in an effort to address this as well.

We will continue to keep you updated as we know more.

Thank you for your continued patience,

-RIFT Team

Soulwalker

With all of this additional downtime over the past two weeks, will you guys be extending the summerfest event?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Lolli View Post
    With all of this additional downtime over the past two weeks, will you guys be extending the summerfest event?
    There's already a 3rd week just for completing quests. Losing an hour here and there should not hinder your event.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuki Ayu View Post
    There's already a 3rd week just for completing quests. Losing an hour here and there should not hinder your event.
    Well when you have a life, a job and other in-game commitments those many many missing hours add up.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Lolli View Post
    Well when you have a life, a job and other in-game commitments those many many missing hours add up.
    It does not take that long to do the 7 meta quests. If you can't invest the time, that's why they offer everything for credits too. Trion has always stated that you can invest the time if you don't have the money or the money if you don't have the time. Work on it a little a day or do it in blocks of maybe an hour every 3 days. Will get done very quickly.

Soulwalker

I have more than one char. I have a lot of quest I want to do.

I planned on spending most of sat afternoon to do my event before me and my husband went out. It is saturday so I sleep late, play a little then the shards go down. I then stare at my comp for an hour, still not up. My husband says, lets go out now(from what I heard it was down for something like 3 hours, at least from what I heard). Then I still do not get home until late and there goes my day. I get home from work just to see the shards go down. Finally get in, have to get other things done in game. Time to do event stuff and yet again the shards are going down for a second time. By the time they get back up it is time for bed. It just keeps on happening this way. This is not one or two down times. This is two weeks of hour long crash after crash. Plus all these restarts.

I do not know why you care so much. Does this effect you? Does it hurt your game play if they add a week? You do not know me, you do not know what I would like to get accomplished. I am saying that this has caused me issues. And you should not tell me that I am wrong with how I spend my time.
    Last edited by Lolli; 07-25-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Default On Topic

It seems to be hit and miss with harvesting/gathering and artifact farming. I have been able to do both in some parts of a zone but not in others. And to provide more detail... I picked up an artifact in Freemarch at Essuld's Point (On Hailol) which was under a wagon. It counted towards my Guild's guild quest but I had no artifact in my bag and no loot message for it.

Hope that helps

*NOTE Tried on Greybriar and same thing with Artifact. This time it was on High Fortress Road going towards Droughtlands. No Artifact in bag but it counted towards Guild Quest.

**This happened on Live
    Last edited by Shontaya; 07-26-2018 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Updated Post

Home Shard Deepwood
    Diondra (formerly known as Miarafawntisha) 65 Mage ~ Tiffanyleah 65 Cleric ~ Liziora 38 Cleric ~ Amamahtae 51 Mage ~ Neesalily 21 Rogue ~ Druxoina (formerly know as Kimberleah) 60 Primalist ~ Natiaraleah 32 Mage

Soulwalker

Default Zone Events Not Dropping Items

I don't see any word from the dev team on the messed up zone events, after the update, on the Prime server portion. I tried 5 events in 5 different zones and received no sparkles, no festival rewards, and actually nothing in 3 of the 5 zone events that I completed. How about word on that problem?

I tested harvesting and arties in Droughtlands and Shimmersand after the long reset and got empty loot windows and the object dissolved from the ground. In summary it is still broken.

Another thing I just thought of, which I am unsure of the reason why, is....after today's Hotfix http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...25-2018-a.html there was no Patch to download. I just opened Glyph and the Play button appeared. At least I didn't have anything *shrugs*

** On Live
    Last edited by Shontaya; 07-26-2018 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Updated

Home Shard Deepwood
    Diondra (formerly known as Miarafawntisha) 65 Mage ~ Tiffanyleah 65 Cleric ~ Liziora 38 Cleric ~ Amamahtae 51 Mage ~ Neesalily 21 Rogue ~ Druxoina (formerly know as Kimberleah) 60 Primalist ~ Natiaraleah 32 Mage

Telaran

Angry Also affecting artifact thieves

So just wasted an Epic Artifact Thief Catcher in Freemarch on Greybrier.

Telaran

Default Posting some findings on this.

So, I've run several Unstable Artifact events and below is what I found - with shards I was on.

Unable to loot: (all in Mathosia btw)
    Silverwood - Greybrier and Hailol
    Scarlet Gorge - Faeblight, Greybrier, and Wolfsbane
    Freemarch - Deepwood and Faeblight
    Scarwood Reach - Hailol
    Iron Pine Peak - Deepwood

Able to loot:
    Pelladane- Laethys
    Steppes of Infinity - Greybrier and Laethys
    Scarlet Gorge - Hailol (confirmed twice as most problems seem to be in Mathosia)
    Seratos - Deepwood and Faeblight
    Ardent Domain - Hailol
    Shimmersand - Hailol
    Dendrome - Greybrier and Hailol
    Eastern Holdings - Greybrier and Wolfsbane.

A few other things I noticed -
    -You will not get credit for an unstable event when you unsuccessfully loot something - even though the artifact disappears.
    -I don't believe I ever received planarite from planar mobs or footholds in Mathosia.
    -When I successfully picked up an artifact in Shimmersand, the Individual Rewards window popped up. I clicked ok and it decremented my count by one, but I did not receive anything.

Soulwalker

Trying to do the quest "Forge the Titanbane" and I can not collect the items needed (Forgotten Idol, Idol of Ancients, and Symbol of Eth). Also can not collect artifacts and also having trouble with mining.

Rift Master

Talking about issues with the servers still I want to point out here that the shimmersand summerfest is not working properly since the last reset. The one where you have to pick up gold piles is not functioning properly. So I will also suggest again, please extend summerfest. This has not just been about down time of servers it has been the down time of functionality of those servers when they are actually up. Such as all the times when the portals and teleports quit working so you could not get to the quest locations.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast