+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Notice: Investigating Harvesting & Quest Issues

Soulwalker

Default Ditto for Artifacts, harvesting, Summerfest Shimmersand quest - don't work

Unstable artifacts, also normal and twisted, didn't pick up reliably in Droughtlands event on Wolfsbane (not home shard) @ 8am PT. Gathered 12-13, several of each type, ended up with 1 twisted and 1 normal artifact (lots of open bag slots). Mentored down, but no credit for event.

Summerquest Shimmersand treasure hunt won't complete on multiple shards.

Butchering appears to work in Shimmersand, mining does not. Looted Shimmersand mobs for 5 composite cloth, got 2 in my bags.

Also seem to be getting far more junk items from minions and mobs than previously -- and that does all get into my bags.
    Last edited by Guy Noir; 07-26-2018 at 08:10 AM.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #17

I have a fix in for this. No precise ETA on when it will be live, but hopefully at the latest next Wednesday.
    Previously known as SupermanSocks

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #18

Hi all, just to update everyone - we are still looking into this matter. Sorry it's taken us longer than anticipated. As soon as we have more info we can share, we'll let you know. Currently, we don't yet have an ETA for a fix but we will let you know the moment we do.

Thank you all for your continued patience,

-RIFT Team

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    I have a fix in for this. No precise ETA on when it will be live, but hopefully at the latest next Wednesday.
    So close to a Week with no Farming/Gathering, Planarite, Void stones, Artifact Hunting??????

Home Shard Deepwood
    Diondra (formerly known as Miarafawntisha) 65 Mage ~ Tiffanyleah 65 Cleric ~ Liziora 38 Cleric ~ Amamahtae 51 Mage ~ Neesalily 21 Rogue ~ Druxoina (formerly know as Kimberleah) 60 Primalist ~ Natiaraleah 32 Mage

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Shontaya View Post
    So close to a Week with no Farming/Gathering, Planarite, Void stones, Artifact Hunting??????
    Yeah, that's a bit scary when half the content of the game is broken or affected by the bug...
    Harvesting (and then crafting), farming, planar resources, artifacts, uncompletable quests with chests, events...
    How could a tiny patch just break all these activities so that it will "hopefully" be fixed within a week?

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #21

Quote Originally Posted by Maykeen View Post
    How could a tiny patch just break all these activities so that it will "hopefully" be fixed within a week?
    Builds take time. They require well, being built. Then being tested, being deployed...etc. It's a lot of time/work and a lot of things can go wrong with so many moving parts so giving an exact date is generally not a great idea if it can be helped. Preferably it will be earlier but there's always the possibility that it won't be.

And in regards to the comment about the patch breaking it, it was actually some old tech that was made years ago that was never used in this exact manner before, and the two systems had never interacted before until now so this unexpected outcome happened.

Builds take time. They require well, being built. Then being tested, being deployed...etc. It's a lot of time/work and a lot of things can go wrong with so many moving parts so giving an exact date is generally not a great idea if it can be helped. Preferably it will be earlier but there's always the possibility that it won't be.

And in regards to the comment about the patch breaking it, it was actually some old tech that was made years ago that was never used in this exact manner before, and the two systems had never interacted before until now so this unexpected outcome happened.
    So how about a roll back for now so we all can at least do all the things we normally do until the Fix is ready? There is so much complaining on the game as it is now about these things being broken...... this would give you proper time to do your job and make the masses happy. Just a suggestion. *shrugs*

Home Shard Deepwood
    Diondra (formerly known as Miarafawntisha) 65 Mage ~ Tiffanyleah 65 Cleric ~ Liziora 38 Cleric ~ Amamahtae 51 Mage ~ Neesalily 21 Rogue ~ Druxoina (formerly know as Kimberleah) 60 Primalist ~ Natiaraleah 32 Mage

Soulwalker

well im having same probs with some quest items and harvesting but one thing in life i know is no matter what you get whether its an item bought or a program even if you update these things there is no guarentee that the thing isnt gonna break on day one or day 3000 so my advice is not to grumble ,i know its a bugger but hey these things happen im sure they working hard to sort it and all the negative comments aint gonna help then sort it faster

Soulwalker

Default A week to fix

Wait you wont extend the summer event , even though we are unable to get artifacts, and complete quests? A week to fix when it wasn't broken before you patched?

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #25

Quote Originally Posted by Shontaya View Post
    So how about a roll back for now so we all can at least do all the things we normally do until the Fix is ready? There is so much complaining on the game as it is now about these things being broken...... this would give you proper time to do your job and make the masses happy. Just a suggestion. *shrugs*
    A rollback is the same amount of work, if not more because then we have to properly sync to our old revision instead of what we currently have + the fix. And then the process starts over by having to create a build for it.

Quote Originally Posted by headbangeria View Post
    well im having same probs with some quest items and harvesting but one thing in life i know is no matter what you get whether its an item bought or a program even if you update these things there is no guarentee that the thing isnt gonna break on day one or day 3000 so my advice is not to grumble ,i know its a bugger but hey these things happen im sure they working hard to sort it and all the negative comments aint gonna help then sort it faster
    I understand they happen. And I am not being negative. I am thinking only about a game I LOVE to play. I just don't want to see the game suffer any by this UNEXPECTED problem. That is all.

Many people are returning to the game, just like I did after being gone for 3 years (for health reasons). I would just hate to see the player base suffer because of this, that is all.

I appreciate your comment and even gave you a Like
    Last edited by Shontaya; 07-26-2018 at 01:06 PM. Reason: corrected and reworded

Home Shard Deepwood

A rollback is the same amount of work, if not more because then we have to properly sync to our old revision instead of what we currently have + the fix. And then the process starts over by having to create a build for it.
    Ah..ok. It was just a suggestion.

Thanks for replying RR

Home Shard Deepwood

Soulwalker

Unhappy

so basically this game is pretty much not worth playing for the next week. since I need to gather void stones

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by natvny View Post
    Wait you wont extend the summer event , even though we are unable to get artifacts, and complete quests? A week to fix when it wasn't broken before you patched?
    Silvatrix said this on another thread:
    It is all related to the same loot issues that are being discussed in other threads on the forums. After a restart, things are fine, and then something happens to break it. We are still investigating the underlying cause at this moment.

That said, we are very definitely looking to extend Summerfest a week (and some other bonuses), but have not finalized details yet as our first and only priority right now is to fix the current loot issue.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #30
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

RR is both an engineer and a pessimist. ;)

We are expecting to NOT have this wait until next week. But we won't post more precise details until we have more firm information.

Please keep an eye on this thread for updates.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast