+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Grim Remembrance

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Grim Remembrance

Alsbeth has waited far too long for the River of Souls to open in Telara. Find out what secrets she has planned…

From Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 8:30 AM PDT until Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 8:00 AM PDT, participate in a long-anticipated series of zone events in Silverwood, Freemarch, Gloamwood, Stonefield, Stillmoor, and Shimmersand, along with some daily quests. Take part in the event to earn in-game rewards such as cosmetics, trinkets, and (Prime-only) gear. This is the prelude to the River of Souls raid, coming soon to RIFT Prime!

What is The Grim Remembrance?
    The Grim Remembrance is when the Ascended mark the first of the recent apocalypses that have beset our world, when a mad cult leader would have succeeded in destroying all that exists on behalf of the Blood Storm, but for the timely intercession of a raid of Ascended who stopped their plans. Things may be a little colder than the usual weather in Summerfest, a bit gloomier. It's not as joyful as Fae Yule, but the Ascended always mark the moment upon the parapets of Caer Mathos when time stood still, and the world was saved.

This event will take place on both RIFT Live and Prime. For RIFT Prime, this will be the event leading up to the River of Souls raid unlock. For players on RIFT Live, this will be a chance to take part in a reimagined take on the original event.

Who is Alsbeth the Discordant?
    Alsbeth the Discordant was the first of the cult leaders to reveal herself since the Ascended appeared on Telara. In life, she had always sought power, be it befriending Asha Catari, the most powerful mage of her class at Quicksilver College, by moving up the social ladder in the court of King Jostir, or by choosing the side she thought she would have the most to gain from when rebellion broke out against Aedraxis. But it was only in death when her true destructive nature imperiled all of Telara. While the heroes of Telara were brought back to life as Guardians of the Vigil, or traveled back in time as the Defiant heralds of the end times, Alsbeth had returned in secret as the handmaid of Regulos, the Destroyer.

She had played her part well at first, pretending that her ascension was just like all the other miracles of the gods or science, when in truth she was returned to the World of Telara as part of an unholy deal with the dragon of death to bring an end to all things. But the Ascended do not suffer villains lightly, and time after time her plans were thwarted. From the conquest of Freemarch to the corruption of Gloamwood, the Ascended stopped her schemes and spells at every turn. Even her supply chain of sourcestone from Scarlet Gorge was shut down. If she was to make good upon the many promises she made to that unforgiving dragon, she would have to conquer the Ascended and destroy the world in one fell swoop. By unleashing the dead upon Telara, its former heroes and villains, monsters and protectors, she hoped she would cause time to stand still and in the confusion strike a blow against the Ascended that would break the ward and bring her master Regulos back from destruction and into an everlasting night of the Plane of Death.

If you missed out before, this is your chance to experience the reimagined Grim Remembrance! If you’re a new player on Prime, join this exciting event to find out what’s to come on Prime. Have something to say about this event? Post it here!

Sword of Telara

Will it be ending on Thursday for EU as we haven't got the patch yet and therefore not the event either?

Cool stuff, but I was a little annoyed I was in the Freemarch death event and didn't get credit for the achievement. I closed 2 rifts and killed 1 colossi...

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Cool stuff, but I was a little annoyed I was in the Freemarch death event and didn't get credit for the achievement. I closed 2 rifts and killed 1 colossi...
    If this happens again please post and I'll take a look. It is entirely possible that I messed up contribution in my attempts to herd the cats that are the three kings spawning at once.

What level were you mentored to? When did you mentor down?

Quote Originally Posted by captaincursor View Post
    If this happens again please post and I'll take a look. It is entirely possible that I messed up contribution in my attempts to herd the cats that are the three kings spawning at once.
    Yeah it might be!

EDIT: ALSO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE in hotfix sort the event npc inventory. Its huge.

EDIT: Also nevermind. On /reloadui it showed (was tracking it). Achievements confirmed as well.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 07-11-2018 at 02:39 PM.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

EDIT: ALSO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE in hotfix sort the event npc inventory. Its huge.
    Trying to get this in now, but it will not be in the the emergency hotfix that will likely be tomorrow since that build is already in process.

So not likely until next week's normal patch. Which will include the following Grim Remembrance adjustments:

Better filtering of the merchant.

iLvl bump on lvl 70 gear (for Live)

Removal of "Tools of Destruction" from the requirements for the achievement "Grim Tasks"
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatrix View Post
    Trying to get this in now, but it will not be in the the emergency hotfix that will likely be tomorrow since that build is already in process.

So not likely until next week's normal patch. Which will include the following Grim Remembrance adjustments:

Better filtering of the merchant.

iLvl bump on lvl 70 gear (for Live)

Removal of "Tools of Destruction" from the requirements for the achievement "Grim Tasks"
    Thanks for the ilevel bump.

Will the event last a day longer for EU? We won't get this event until tomorrow (thursday) I have no idea if it entails dailiies or anything but it's nice to have equal time for all regions.

Could you guys take a look at the droprate for Shadetouched Scepters as well? (for the Tools of Destruction quest). I did get all mine but everyone else I know is taking forever to get these, despite doing every Grim Remembrance zone event that's popped so far.

(The quest also says they are from invasions but they might also be from some of the mini-bosses, still at a very low droprate though)
    Last edited by Serein; 07-11-2018 at 04:26 PM.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

As an update, we re-launched the patch build to include some additional fixes. Which means my aforementioned changes will go out this week (hopefully tomorrow).
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Soulwalker

Any chance the spectral horsies are dropping again in the rifts for the event (I'm sure it was the RoS release event that dropped them the first time around)? I'd love to get one on my primalist!

Sword of Telara

There are indeed dailies it seems for this event.

Salvatrix: Will we be getting an extra day in EU or perhaps give all EU players a dailies worth of currency?

How do you start/join in this event?

The Wife and I new to the game.

Isp
    Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosKen1960 View Post
    How do you start/join in this event?

The Wife and I new to the game.
    Check where event is going - https://rift.events/na/en_US.html (special events shown in green) - and go to corresponding zone and shard (you could switch shard by right clicking your portrait).
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    Check where event is going - https://rift.events/na/en_US.html (special events shown in green) - and go to corresponding zone and shard (you could switch shard by right clicking your portrait).
    Thanks, that helps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast