+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Grim Remembrance

Telaran

Doens anyone know how "ancient spirits of evil" translates in german? We grouped in shimmersand and managed to trigger some death event, but it was obivously the wrong one.

I don't think it's translated yet.

Please, please, please....
    Up the drop rate of the Shadetouched Sceptres!

As it is, finding death invasions is rare. Add to it lvl 70's running around 1 shotting them into oblivion. And a drop rate from hell.

And you have a waaaaaaaay too many days wasted grind to get the sceptres.

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellishly View Post
    Please, please, please....
    Up the drop rate of the Shadetouched Sceptres!

As it is, finding death invasions is rare. Add to it lvl 70's running around 1 shotting them into oblivion. And a drop rate from hell.

And you have a waaaaaaaay too many days wasted grind to get the sceptres.

thank you.
    I have finished the Tools of Destruction quest twice now, and in my experience, there are a few issues that can all be solved easily:
    • The Grim event spawn rate of invasions in all zones except Shimmersand is too low. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes to farm the 30-50 invasions, and a lot of that time is spent waiting for one to appear on the map, rushing there, and hoping you land a hit.
    • Bosses, rifts and invasions reward the quest items regardless of the player level. Combined with the fact that the goals and timer are often quite challenging, killing stuff as a level 70 is not only rewarded, but almost necessary. Either the timer should be a little more lenient, or the number of rifts to close a little lower. And of course, more invasions (see above) to pick up and kill.
    • Once there are plenty of invasions to kill, the scepter drop rate is probably fine, or maybe just a little on the low side. The drop rate for the item from rifts (I don't know the name right now) might be a bit low if the number of rifts is going to be lowered.
    • Increase the frequency of the Shimmersand Grim event! There are hundreds of invasions that spawn there. It's an awesome to farm your scepters there Then again, if the other events were modeled after this one for the amount of invasions, this would not even be an issue.

Just my 2 cents!

From a 'casual hardcore' perspective, that is, I've focused on this event a lot, but not so much that I take my whole day or jump at every event I see:

Live - I have all events, all achievements, but scepters were still a pain. Things basically work except for some drop rates. Since there's several shards, there's almost always a Grim event occurring somewhere.

Prime - I have all items/scepters, but only through camping a Stillmoor Raising Kain event's invasions as a Lv 40 (haha; I just wrapped up Scarwood except for stupid rares and artifacts sitting in my ZONE achievement section :S). I do not have all events because events spawn too slowly and/or they're too difficult for us to do and/or they are too short in countdown.

It seems tuned for Live, not Prime. And the scepters are stupid. Otherwise its cool and I don't expect to get all the rewards from it in one time with one character, which is fine if its going to be recurring.

I am willing to forgive issues with Prime events because they seem to mostly assume the server being in at least the Storm Legion/Nightmare Tide part of progression, not Classic. I've been similarly forgiving of Carnival and Summerfest, but if the choice is made to keep Prime up longer term (2020 and beyond), I definitely want these sorts of issues resolved, as well as (say for Summerfest) tweaked in-game pricing for things, especially if they involve power items (cap at 1-3 bracelets).
    Last edited by Maeloda; 07-16-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Soulwalker

Default AARRGGHH

Had a stash of Otherworldly sourcestone for years and years deleted them 2 months ago to make bank space and now now now i damn need em

Quote Originally Posted by Synsyyty View Post
    Had a stash of Otherworldly sourcestone for years and years deleted them 2 months ago to make bank space and now now now i damn need em
    Thought i was the only one holding them for years in my bank. I also deleted them a year ago

I did not get credit for the Freemarch event though I was mentored killing invasions

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    I did not get credit for the Freemarch event though I was mentored killing invasions
    Same.

Even though it was only up for 3 minutes I barely got to the last available wardstone before it got instagibbed like the other 2 as soon as the event started.

That aside...

Live desperately needs auto mentoring like prime has. I killed about half the invasions needed for the kings event. Only to run around and not make it in time to hit any of the second stage bosses since they die in 10 seconds when the super damage reduction buff wears off.

I used patron fast pass to get to a close port for one of them but...not quick enough even with a 160% mount and porting
    Used Portal Generator for another... again...just missed it.

Then run across the map to not get any hits in on the final boss since a level 70 who likely didn't mentor 1 shot it.

It's hard to enjoy any of these events when they're all in low level zones. Most end within the first 10 minutes since the ward stones get killed so fast and then the bosses getting killed before most people who were doing the event get a chance to get there.
    Last edited by Skiye; 07-20-2018 at 11:18 AM.

I personally agree there should be automentoring but I find Prime's setup (whatever background calculation) a bit too punishing. We want bosses to be taggable by low levels, not necessarily a long fight for people who are natively lv 70 (or 50, or whatever).
    Last edited by Maeloda; 07-20-2018 at 11:20 AM.

In my humble opinion, [Tools of Destruction] is broken... you can get anything from anywhere, sometimes in minutes sometimes in days, totally random and boring, not to mention infuriating.

Wouldnt it be easier to do this:

Invasions drop scepters (25% chance)
    Rifts drop Blades (33% chance)
    Boss drops executioner (50% chance)

Less grind = More fun
    >>>>> Taj@Greybriar <<<<<
    > Playing Rift Since Beta 3 <

From Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 8:30 AM PDT until Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 8:00 AM PDT, participate in a long-anticipated series of zone events in Silverwood, Freemarch, Gloamwood, Stonefield, Stillmoor, and Shimmersand, along with some daily quests. Take part in the event to earn in-game rewards such as cosmetics, trinkets, and (Prime-only) gear. This is the prelude to the River of Souls raid, coming soon to RIFT Prime!

What happened to the clock? another oversight?

Wednesday july 25th 8am PDT for Grim event to shut down on event... Should have left me several hours still to turn in and get thelatests stuff..

Or did I miss something?

Since I am writing this at
    01:25 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< !!!!!!!!! AM
    woensdag, 25 juli 2018
    Pacific Time (PT)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    From Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 8:30 AM PDT until Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 8:00 AM PDT, participate in a long-anticipated series of zone events in Silverwood, Freemarch, Gloamwood, Stonefield, Stillmoor, and Shimmersand, along with some daily quests. Take part in the event to earn in-game rewards such as cosmetics, trinkets, and (Prime-only) gear. This is the prelude to the River of Souls raid, coming soon to RIFT Prime!

What happened to the clock? another oversight?

Wednesday july 25th 8am PDT for Grim event to shut down on event... Should have left me several hours still to turn in and get thelatests stuff..

Or did I miss something?

Since I am writing this at
    01:25 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< !!!!!!!!! AM
    woensdag, 25 juli 2018
    Pacific Time (PT)
    The event and all of its associated NPC's did indeed disappear prematurely. Please bring the quest and vendor NPC's back so we can turn in quests and spend event currency.
    Veylin@Laethys <Nefarious>
    Veylin@Vigil <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #44
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Just wanted to circle back to this and say that I would like to turn the NPCs back on for a limited time to allow the currency to be used, but our primary focus right now is on the loot issues.

Once we have a handle on that, I will look at what I can do for this.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post

Alsbeth has waited far too long for the River of Souls to open in Telara. Find out what secrets she has planned…

What is The Grim Remembrance?
    The Grim Remembrance is when the Ascended mark the first of the recent apocalypses that have beset our world, when a mad cult leader would have succeeded in destroying all that exists on behalf of the Blood Storm, but for the timely intercession of a raid of Ascended who stopped their plans. Things may be a little colder than the usual weather in Summerfest, a bit gloomier. It's not as joyful as Fae Yule, but the Ascended always mark the moment upon the parapets of Caer Mathos when time stood still, and the world was saved.

This event will take place on both RIFT Live and Prime. For RIFT Prime, this will be the event leading up to the River of Souls raid unlock. For players on RIFT Live, this will be a chance to take part in a reimagined take on the original event.

Who is Alsbeth the Discordant?
    Alsbeth the Discordant was the first of the cult leaders to reveal herself since the Ascended appeared on Telara. In life, she had always sought power, be it befriending Asha Catari, the most powerful mage of her class at Quicksilver College, by moving up the social ladder in the court of King Jostir, or by choosing the side she thought she would have the most to gain from when rebellion broke out against Aedraxis. But it was only in death when her true destructive nature imperiled all of Telara. While the heroes of Telara were brought back to life as Guardians of the Vigil, or traveled back in time as the Defiant heralds of the end times, Alsbeth had returned in secret as the handmaid of Regulos, the Destroyer.

She had played her part well at first, pretending that her ascension was just like all the other miracles of the gods or science, when in truth she was returned to the World of Telara as part of an unholy deal with the dragon of death to bring an end to all things. But the Ascended do not suffer villains lightly, and time after time her plans were thwarted. From the conquest of Freemarch to the corruption of Gloamwood, the Ascended stopped her schemes and spells at every turn. Even her supply chain of sourcestone from Scarlet Gorge was shut down. If she was to make good upon the many promises she made to that unforgiving dragon, she would have to conquer the Ascended and destroy the world in one fell swoop. By unleashing the dead upon Telara, its former heroes and villains, monsters and protectors, she hoped she would cause time to stand still and in the confusion strike a blow against the Ascended that would break the ward and bring her master Regulos back from destruction and into an everlasting night of the Plane of Death.

If you missed out before, this is your chance to experience the reimagined Grim Remembrance! If you’re a new player on Prime, join this exciting event to find out what’s to come on Prime. Have something to say about this event? Post it here!
    From Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 8:30 AM PDT until Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 8:00 AM PDT. Why was it taken out on the 24th?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3