+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Grim Remembrance

Before participating in the zone events, try to pick up all the quests in Meridian or Sanctum. In Meridian they are next to the portal. Then do the quests as you do the events.

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosKen1960 View Post
    Thanks, that helps
    Another tip: use ascend a friend code from your account on wife account (or vise versa) - you will get some stuff and an ability to summon each other, but code works only if you have not spend any money on account where you apply code.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

General of Telara

The essences do not have any endurance on. They really need endurance.

Shadowlander

Default Grim reaper bundle?

Is it intentionel that the Grim reaper cosmetic bundle and ruthless one, now are missing from the event merchant who should them before the update?

Quote Originally Posted by tarrie View Post
    Any chance the spectral horsies are dropping again in the rifts for the event (I'm sure it was the RoS release event that dropped them the first time around)? I'd love to get one on my primalist!
    I just got a Spectral Horse from a zone event.

Plane Touched

I love the event so far, but you launched it during Summerfest, your largest World Event EVER.

Please tell me that this isn't a 1 time thing? Please tell me if I don't get everything I want that you'll bring this event back?

Quote Originally Posted by Iavasmeril View Post
    Is it intentionel that the Grim reaper cosmetic bundle and ruthless one, now are missing from the event merchant who should them before the update?
    They are there. Check all calling boxes.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuki Ayu View Post
    Please tell me that this isn't a 1 time thing? Please tell me if I don't get everything I want that you'll bring this event back?
    The intention is for this to be an annual event. The time of year for it to be recurring is TBD, but it will not normally coincide with Summerfest in future years.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatrix View Post
    The intention is for this to be an annual event. The time of year for it to be recurring is TBD, but it will not normally coincide with Summerfest in future years.
    Thank you thank you thank you!

Quibbles aside (and not seeing the finale yet), I like it.

If this is a success, count me in as support for similar events (2-weeks a year) to match the Hammerknell and Infernal Dawn events.
    Not sure Greenscale's Blight needs anything (though personally I wouldn't mind refashioned versions of some of the old 2011-2012 events) and no rush to start Storm Legion things/remembrances.

Anyway, the quibbles:
    -30 rifts? *rude gesture*
    -drop rates of the Tools of Destruction aren't too fun. I can be okay with it not being instant drops, but it seems too rare.
    -zone events might be overtuned compared to anything normally there?

EDIT: I think summer is good, with separation from Summerfest, but October works as well. An event like this is nice is that its a thing that occurs (that is, something 'new' to participate in), isn't too long or short, and isn't too crazy with requirements for grind. What we see is what we get and you can save the monetizing for somewhere else.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 07-12-2018 at 08:50 PM.

General of Telara

The bosses die in seconds as usual. As with every time time we have an event in lower zones, you need to increase the hp on them.

Bug reports

Mysterious Frustrating Wardstone Failures in River of Souls zone event
    I was just participating in The River of Souls in Stillmoor on Laethys ; the one that started at 2018-07-14 14:27:03 UTC.

I was standing at the last natural wardstone - one marked as being part of the event on the map. It was fully buffed, at full health, and I was defending it. There were no mobs around. Then the event failed, NOT due to a timeout.

I am wondering if other wardstones, ones not marked as being special to the zone event, died and counted towards event failure.

Here are a couple screenshots from a later run. Please see how in the second, a second wardstone was "lost", yet there are still two healthy event wardstones up out of the 3 the event started with. I don't know why - it looks like the the Guardian wardstones did not die, as confirmed after the event failed with 2 event wardstones still up. Maybe it was a Defiant wardstone that I can't see.

Initial state
    One wardstone til failure with two wardstones still up

Edit again: OK! Confirmed! On a GUARDIAN, this is what the map looks like! Look at all those event wardstones! Desired fix: Only the 3 event wardstones count towards failure.

The River of Souls doesn't fail right
    After tRoS zone event failed (this one timed out), we finished closing the rifts, and Alsbeth yammered at us and the minibosses came out. Expected: neither of those things happen after failure. Alsbeth did not come out after we killed the minibosses, at least.
    Pic

Invisible Wardstones in Stonefield
    Also, 3 of 5 wardstones in Stonefield during "Escape of the Ancients" are invisible (that, or the map marker is not marking the correct wardstones, as there are permanent wardstones nearby, but not directly at the map markers). PIC at 5782, 4924: https://i.imgur.com/YhDV1ij.png . This is a Defiant character. Same on Guardians, though.

Invasions too strong?
    Also, I am wondering if invasion strength is a bit much. I am a good player. mostly T2 geared, and when mentored down, the invasions are a challenge, and I actually risk dying if I take on more than one. That's not necessarily a bug.

Quest Exorcising Evil progresses not as stated
    Alsų alsų, for "Exorcising Evil", I received a Corrupt Essence from closing a rift, not from a death invasion like the quest text said.

Quest With Death Denied works on too many mobs
    Alsų alsų, for "With Death Denied", the quest item works on weak invasions of any element, not just death, which may not be intended.

Zone events too rare
    This is also posted here, but the zone event "The Revenge of the Kings" is uncommon, and "Ancient Spirits of Evil" is VERY rare, as compared to the other 4 zone events.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 07-14-2018 at 10:05 AM.

In at a cottege with no possibility to play Rift.

Is it essences you can buy from Rift Rememberence? If so what are the stats? How good are they compared to BiS RR essences once upgraded?

It seems to be a seal from Summerfest? How much better is that compared to the current BiS seal (I think from last year's summerfest?)
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (3/3 BoS)

Quote Originally Posted by Cenderze View Post
    In at a cottege with no possibility to play Rift.

Is it essences you can buy from Rift Rememberence? If so what are the stats? How good are they compared to BiS RR essences once upgraded?

It seems to be a seal from Summerfest? How much better is that compared to the current BiS seal (I think from last year's summerfest?)
    The Summerfest seal is BiS.

GR trinket is good if you don't have Omnox, or if you're pure ranged. Rings are not competitive, weapons are much worse than the eternal. Essence is good if you're CP capped.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 07-14-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    The Summerfest seal is BiS.

GR trinket is good if you don't have Omnox, or if you're pure ranged. Rings are not competitive, weapons are much worse than the eternal. Essence is good if you're CP capped.
    Thanks for replying! I appreciate all you do on these forums!
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (3/3 BoS)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast