+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Independence Week Celebration! 06/28-07/05

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Independence Week Celebration! 06/28-07/05

It’s Independence week in the United States – Prime players can earn the patriotic Golden Lifter mount in game! Live players, we’re rolling out some gorgeous new masks and backpacks just for you, plus the opportunity to upgrade the rest of your wardrobe at 25% off!

Summer starts NOW! This special promotion runs from June 28th through July 5th.

RIFT LIVE: Summer Fashion Fever!

Upgrade your style with 25% off all credit-based wardrobe items, all week long!

This summer’s style is all about the masks! We offer a look for every taste:
    • NEW! Green Dragonian Mask
    • NEW! Gold Dragonian Mask

We know you love unusual backpack looks too, and these will be especially suited to the more Steampunk-oriented among you!
    • NEW! Empyrian Fuel Cell
    • NEW! Biofoundry Personal Power Pack

We’re bringing back some of your old favorites from Fashion Week as well!

RIFT PRIME: Earn Your Eagle!

The highly sought-after Golden Lifter features a glorious eagle motif. This bird is a scalable-speed mount, that trails a patriotic stream of red, white and blue. Even better, you can earn it for FREE through the Freedom Sparkle Festival challenge!

Talk to "Freedom Sparkle Sam" in Meridian or Sanctum to start your quest. You'll collect sparkles by completing Expert Dungeons, winning Warfronts and completing Zone Events across Telara. The eagle is a creature of air, so you will earn even more freedom sparkles when you defeat Crucia's forces from the Plane of Air! Even though Independence week may end in the US, you can still keep collecting freedom sparkles and turn in your quest to earn your mount. After July 5, you will no longer be able to pick up the quest, though.

*Note: we originally also included Mercutial's Headdress and Lord Fionn's Horned Crest as new items. However, these items were nabbed by some boglings and will be featured in a future RIFT update.
    Last edited by Yaviey; 06-28-2018 at 03:22 PM. Reason: removed some masks that aren't live yet - will come out in a future update

It would have been nice to see that sparkle event on live, maybe as a patron only quest. I mean Prime gets an actual 'event' where you can play and get some reward, which is exactly how to bring life into dungeons, warfronts etc. again, while Live only gets a premium store sale. Nothing to play, just pay.

I understand that you can't give out everything for free to everyone on live, but what makes a patron subscription on live worth less than on prime?

Actually, maybe you should add the 'random mount/pet/wardrobe I don't have' option to the patron monthly sparkle quest, as the T1 gear is useless to most Live players.

The Golden Lifter doesn't even seem to be on sale on Live, so adding the sparkle event to live in ADDITION to the wardrobe sale wouldn't have caused any 'loss'.

Just my 2 cents to think about.

PS: I got the mount already from last year. All I really want is some 'content' to play on Live for all of us.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

The highly sought-after Golden Lifter features a glorious eagle motif. This bird is a scalable-speed mount, that trails a patriotic stream of red, white and blue. Even better, you can earn it for FREE through the Freedom Sparkle Festival challenge!

Talk to “Freedom Sparkle Sam” in Meridian or Sanctum to start your quest. You’ll collect sparkles by completing Expert Dungeons, winning Warfronts and completing Zone Events across Telara. The eagle is a creature of air, so you will earn even more freedom sparkles when you defeat Crucia’s forces from the Plane of Air!

The above and why not also the normal dungeons? Can make it mentored level required, give 2 sparkles instead of the 4 or 6 that experts give if you're afraid of abuse/farming regular dungeons

If rewards are just cosmetic (something not having an impact on stats/gear values) then just maybe make it all available to ALL players Prime and Live.
    And give ALL players the same options to get the sparkles, don't aim only at higher/max level players with Xprt dungeons

Might even consider making the sparklesquest require less and have some extra rewards to choose from upon completion and have a max of 3 or 4 turn ins for the month.

That way, the more casual players and those on holiday during the event may have a real chance at something from the event as well.

Widow Makers Wardrobe

Are there plans to add this to the wardrobe sale? This was originally supposed to be a part of last years Autumn Harvest, but instead got thrown into the dragon's horde pack which is now rightfully gone. It would be nice to give people the chance to finally buy this individually like we should've been able to back from the very start.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    It would have been nice to see that sparkle event on live, maybe as a patron only quest. I mean Prime gets an actual 'event' where you can play and get some reward, which is exactly how to bring life into dungeons, warfronts etc. again, while Live only gets a premium store sale. Nothing to play, just pay.

I understand that you can't give out everything for free to everyone on live, but what makes a patron subscription on live worth less than on prime?

Actually, maybe you should add the 'random mount/pet/wardrobe I don't have' option to the patron monthly sparkle quest, as the T1 gear is useless to most Live players.

The Golden Lifter doesn't even seem to be on sale on Live, so adding the sparkle event to live in ADDITION to the wardrobe sale wouldn't have caused any 'loss'.

PS: I got the mount already from last year. All I really want is some 'content' to play on Live for all of us.
    I'm with Seshatar on this one.
    It does seem like Prime is being heavily favoured over Live in both Patron rewards (the random mount and random pet). And getting a lot more "active" content to do.
    There is lots of new players on Live if all the newbie questions are anything to go by. So why not add events there too to keep them interested and wanting to play (and perhaps become a patron).

Plane Touched

I am also of the mindset that Live needs more to do. Show, don't say. Many people are worried that Trion doesn't "love both it's children equally" as it was once put on the livestream. There's clear favoritism being shown here despite your previous statements denying that. I absolutely love this game, but I am running out of ways to defend it. Summerfest will be a great activity for Live, but I just don't see it being enough for most people.

Small aside, patrons are allotted and entire month to get gear that actually impacted the game (when you didn't already have it) on Live, but Prime players are given a week to do the same amount of work for a mount? My opinions on this mount's design aside, that's not worth the effort.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post

Totally agree with Sesh here. I also do not understand why prime alone will get these sought-after mounts. The same mount on live cost between 27k credits (£115ish) - 81k credits (£340ish), as the only way to get the mount is from prize tickets from lockboxes, (the prize ticket rewards really needs to be looked into imo), but on prime its free =/

They also got the ember lifter which hasn't been on live since they released it in the power pack 3 years ago, along with other rare mounts.
    Last edited by Killerloose; 06-28-2018 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerloose View Post
    Totally agree with Sesh here. I also do not understand why prime alone will get these sought-after mounts. The same mount on live cost between 27k credits (£115ish) - 81k credits (£340ish), as the only way to get the mount is from prize tickets from lockboxes, (the prize ticket rewards really needs to be looked into imo), but on prime its free =/

They also got the ember lifter which hasn't been on live since they released it in the power pack 3 years ago, along with other rare mounts.
    Plus they also get a free random mount every month which can be pretty much anything as far as I know.

I dont think many people will actually get the mount at these rates. I have played steadily since it launched last night and I only have 44 sparkles so far. Last night an event in Stilmoor tied up most of the evening, and today twice I didnt get a reward at the end. Prime isnt like live where you can port to multiple servers and clear events. I also qued for a warfront last night for 30 minutes and it never popped. The numbers just arnt adding up, sad to say.

and just noticed something...

The whole promo is 1 week to get 500 freedom sparkles?

so if going on zone events only as level 40, you need to do around 125 zone events in one week.. and if you are that unlucky casual you have to do it in 2 or 3 days?
    Or just force yourself into random warfronts, hoping others do as well.. to get your 80+ winning warfronts for the 500 sparkles...
    i do hope this will give some boost to the warfronts, but seriously...

Who designed this?
    other get 500x from zone events, warfronts and Xprt instances on live have always seen a duration of 4 weeks...

Or will we get this mount in store 2 weeks from now, so anyone on Prime who didnt make it can buy it for credits?
    Last edited by Aranka; 06-28-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Widow Makers Wardrobe

Are there plans to add this to the wardrobe sale? This was originally supposed to be a part of last years Autumn Harvest, but instead got thrown into the dragon's horde pack which is now rightfully gone. It would be nice to give people the chance to finally buy this individually like we should've been able to back from the very start.

Its still on the store
    Nixia@Greybriar

Update: Thankfully Salvatrix addressed our concerns on finishing in time:

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatrix
    You have the week to pick up the quest, but sparkles can continue to be earned and the quest completed after the week is done.
    Last edited by Jonn; 06-28-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post

Its still on the store
    Ah, last I checked it was greyed out / locked. I was probably looking the wish list or something.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Default Live Questions

#1 - Can we have planarite bonus weekend too? It's all about Independence, right? And my alts need to quit relying on my main character to supply a Focus and all that. Plus attuners. I can't think of any clever way to tie that in, but pretty please. Can we have a planarite bonus weekend?

#2 - I got email about the wardrobe stuffs. I cannot find Mercutial's Headdress or Lord Fionn's Horned Crest in the store anywhere. Am I blind? And if not, can we get those updated in so we can buy them too?

thanks

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    community/marketing manager, who can actually translate the wishes of the players into a marketing strategy and development strategy Trion can understand.

And has some sense of how players see things when they come up with another event/idea/reward/bonus....
    Your Community Manager, Yaviey, spends a great deal of time collecting, collating and relaying feedback to the Dev Team and to our Marketing group. She is not, however, responsible for decisions that are made in Development or Marketing.

Now, having said that, everyone that works on RIFT here is deeply dedicated to doing the best they can for the game. To that end, most of think those dragon masks and steampunky backpacks are super cool. If you don't, fair enough! We hope to make something more to your taste in future.

The current content plan is in the recent Development Letter. Not all things will come to Prime and Live equally or at the same time. We hear you that you want more information, but we do not have it to give, yet. We are just heading into our mid-term planning meeting now to discuss these very issue, but I can't guarantee that you'll get more news immediately. Dev will talk about it when they are ready. =)

Prime does not offer a wide range of mounts for sale, so this was a chance to offer something cool and newish to be earned in game. We'll definitely review the event to see how many people went to the effort of earning it.

We don't offer extensive wardrobe items for sale on Prime either, because they are meant to drop in game more than on Live. Putting this list of over 4,000 items (Dev's recent estimate) at 25% off seemed like a great way for people to round out their styles on Live.

Important side note on feedback: please keep it constructive and related to the items or issues you like or do not like. Don't insult employees, as we take a very dim view of that here. Every soul at this company is dedicated to doing the best they possibly can, and insults help no one.

Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 06-28-2018 at 01:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast