+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Independence Week Celebration! 06/28-07/05

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    As an update for the Wardrobe section of the RIFT store on live. We've temporarily turned this off because some of it was not functioning as expected. We are working to correct this and in the meantime, wardrobe items are still available in the normal section of the RIFT store.
    is there a reason why the flaming skull and other planar skulls from halloween are not available?

I would really like to get my Forgemaster's Inferno helmet wardrobe skin and the Helm of the Demon Lord

any chance you might add the zone locked adventure wardrobe drops from IAs that are nearly imposaible to get anymore, things like Ancient Kelari Busby
    Last edited by Challengere; 06-30-2018 at 12:27 PM.

I can imagine they want to keep some of the wardrobe valid for autumn event (quest)

I think some of those masks were new previous autumn and it would just be too soon to make them available again at this time.

I think 1 or 2 of the skulls were tied to credit packs as an incentive during one of the previous autumn harvests (during nightmare tide) so that may be partially why. Then again I'm pretty sure they've been available for individual purchase in the harvest event since, but I don't remember since I've had them from the first time around.

On that same note, I was hoping the Green Budgie mask would be up for sale.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 07-01-2018 at 02:32 AM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Soulwalker

Hmmmm, I bought a year of rift patron status, for THIS???
    I don't play prime. Never interested and still am not.
    Last edited by LunarWing; 07-01-2018 at 05:21 AM.

@Holyroller from 2017 autumn event :

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    As for masks, I think some are for sale in the event instance ... the burning head, some dragon mask and another... each for 75 dream bolts

For those who don't know :

Dreamweaver breaks artifacts into dream ribbons

1 bolt = 99 ribbons (Anyone can change ribbons into bolts, just click on the ribbons in your bag)

Artifacts break down to (at dreamweaver 300+)

relic /orange 75 ribbons
    epic/purple 28 ribbons
    rare/blue 9 ribbons
    uncommon/green 5 ribbons
    common/white 3 ribbons

for those looking to farm artifacts other than searching the lands.. there are some artifact lures around, making you catch more artifacts, twisted artifacts, rare/uncommon artifacts.
    And the autumn eye potions from event are for gathering artifacts in the instance
    and more specific (have to scroll down a little)

http://cadrift.bravesites.com/event-autumn-shopping
    Last edited by Aranka; 07-01-2018 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    @Holyroller from 2017 autumn event :

and more specific (have to scroll down a little)

http://cadrift.bravesites.com/event-autumn-shopping
    Yeah, the budgie was one of the masks that only came out of the lockbox for that years harvest.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    +1
    The other thing that sucks is that the Halloween crates can also drop old costume pieces from vanilla rather than the halloween specific ones. This makes the RNG of it even worse. At the very least the costume rolls should be limited to the seasonal costumes specifically if they're going to stay behind lockboxes, but these were all available for individual credit purchases on PTS the few times that the event section was up on the store so i'm not sure why so many were thrown into the box. My assumption is that they had to put something in there with the broom.

Put them back up as individual purchases please.
    I'm glad they're slowly stepping away from this. Fingers crossed anyway. Either way it still would've bee nice to have those up as individual purchases for the wardrobe sale.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Your Community Manager, Yaviey, spends a great deal of time collecting, collating and relaying feedback to the Dev Team and to our Marketing group. She is not, however, responsible for decisions that are made in Development or Marketing.

Now, having said that, everyone that works on RIFT here is deeply dedicated to doing the best they can for the game. To that end, most of think those dragon masks and steampunky backpacks are super cool. If you don't, fair enough! We hope to make something more to your taste in future.

The current content plan is in the recent Development Letter. Not all things will come to Prime and Live equally or at the same time. We hear you that you want more information, but we do not have it to give, yet. We are just heading into our mid-term planning meeting now to discuss these very issue, but I can't guarantee that you'll get more news immediately. Dev will talk about it when they are ready. =)

Prime does not offer a wide range of mounts for sale, so this was a chance to offer something cool and newish to be earned in game. We'll definitely review the event to see how many people went to the effort of earning it.

We don't offer extensive wardrobe items for sale on Prime either, because they are meant to drop in game more than on Live. Putting this list of over 4,000 items (Dev's recent estimate) at 25% off seemed like a great way for people to round out their styles on Live.

Important side note on feedback: please keep it constructive and related to the items or issues you like or do not like. Don't insult employees, as we take a very dim view of that here. Every soul at this company is dedicated to doing the best they possibly can, and insults help no one.

Brasse
    If "the team" was deeply dedicated, the gamble boxes would be removed, balance would happen, frags would have been fixed and prime would never have been.

If Yaviey does so good at collecting up "what players want" then the devs need their ears cleaned out. (we all know devs cant give us everything we want)

Before you even say this is not constructive, is the main goals your customers want, and i am voicing yet again, not constructive??

Now, having said that, (yes im copying you), can we have some real updates to timelines for balance and frags and that we are being listened to?

Totally ignoring us after buying up assets for another company, giving prime more content (lifter, sparkles) just screams at us you dont care as a company. If its true, just say it and move on, if not true, put up some dates and deadlines and be adult and do work or hire people to do work and make customers happy.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #38
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlayerNumber2 View Post
    If "the team" was deeply dedicated, the gamble boxes would be removed, balance would happen, frags would have been fixed and prime would never have been.
    Loot crates have basically been gone for a bit now. The only active ones are quite old, and basically still there because there are systems using them (weekly login bonuses) that would need to be adjusted for their removal, and that would be development resources taken from other places. But all recent mounts have been direct sale instead.

Balance has been getting very actively worked on. You can check out a ton of changes on the PTS or check out this thread:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...20-2018-a.html

Balance work will not end with the release of 4.5, because there is still much to be done. But we have resources working on class ability stuff full time (and doing nothing but class balance and ability fixes).

Frags I am starting to work on personally. I would have loved to have gotten it in for 4.5, but the risk factors of doing major changes to that system are high. So as soon as 4.5 is out the door (very soon), I will be doing some changes to that system immediately and getting it up to PTS so people can test it out.

Among the frag changes being planned is splitting out tanking frags vs non-tank frags so that a terrible stat mix won't show up at the end to ruin an otherwise great frag. I will start a thread on the subject shortly after 4.5 is out the door to consolidate feedback.

We will have to agree to disagree on Prime.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatrix View Post
    Frags I am starting to work on personally. I would have loved to have gotten it in for 4.5, but the risk factors of doing major changes to that system are high. So as soon as 4.5 is out the door (very soon), I will be doing some changes to that system immediately and getting it up to PTS so people can test it out.

Among the frag changes being planned is splitting out tanking frags vs non-tank frags so that a terrible stat mix won't show up at the end to ruin an otherwise great frag. I will start a thread on the subject shortly after 4.5 is out the door to consolidate feedback.
    Feedback identifying the many problems inherent in the fragment system was given during the very limited PTS testing of SFP and the following year and a half. The rework was promised well over a year ago. You're a bit late on this one, chum. You are the last dedicated member of the fire brigade presiding over the burning of Rome asking the charred corpses of the citizens how they would have preferred being immolated.
    Last edited by MarginalSteve; 07-04-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MarginalSteve View Post
    The rework was promised well over a year ago. You're a bit late on this one, chum.
    Frag rework needs to be done to attract new players.

The majority of current raid players don't need it beacuse we all have full dps 15 lvl ones but new players still need it.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

General of Telara

It does make me wonder how Salvaratrix can get to this problem, note some of the main issues with it fairly quickly, talks about getting changes on the PTS for it while other people were stumped by it for 16 months...

Anyway... this is great for new players and current players if they need to change fragments. Having easier access to fragments in the first would also really help. I posted previously about other ways to purchase coffers other than with expert marks i.e. celestial fragments and raid 1 currency. I think that would help a lot as people tend to have a lot of these currencies.

Would the changes be retroactive? So if we have a level 15 dps fragment already with a naff 5th stat will it change to a dps stat?

My thoughts on Prime are well known so gonna avoid opening up that box as I am in a fairly good mood today.
    Last edited by Balidin; 07-04-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatrix View Post
    Loot crates have basically been gone for a bit now. The only active ones are quite old, and basically still there because there are systems using them (weekly login bonuses) that would need to be adjusted for their removal, and that would be development resources taken from other places. But all recent mounts have been direct sale instead.

Balance has been getting very actively worked on. You can check out a ton of changes on the PTS or check out this thread:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...20-2018-a.html

Balance work will not end with the release of 4.5, because there is still much to be done. But we have resources working on class ability stuff full time (and doing nothing but class balance and ability fixes).

We will have to agree to disagree on Prime.
    Loot crates as in:
    Vostigar jewelry. Will it be a tank one (preserver), sorta tank one (hero), sorta dps (overlord), or dps (conq) and ya i might have gotten the last two backwards.
    Frag boxes (the ones from rep in the store for tower fragments)
    will i get a tank one? a dps one? one for my class even? (str/dex is useless as a cleric and theres no basic check for that even. sure, BoA but not all of us play alts)

Balance could be started just by taking away that redheaded stepchild warrior heal spec that they all take for the dps boost. Something similar for clerics on prime (sentinel) got fixed pretty darned quick for the same reasons, yet it lives on for warriors on live.

As was said, frags have been broken since testing for starfall. the feedback was ignored. flat out.

we all fear that the feedback on the current pts balance thread will be ignored. same with legendary abilities.

its almost not worth typing

Quote Originally Posted by MarginalSteve View Post
    Feedback identifying the many problems inherent in the fragment system was given during the very limited PTS testing of SFP and the following year and a half. The rework was promised well over a year ago. You're a bit late on this one, chum. You are the last dedicated member of the fire brigade presiding over the burning of Rome asking the charred corpses of the citizens how they would have preferred being immolated.
    ---
    IIRC, the employee who created fragments moved to another area in Trion and other assets have left and joined the company.

I feel confident when Salvatrix says fragments are personally scheduled to be worked on.

General of Telara

Yeah for the record when Salvatrix says she is on a task I am always confident it will get done.

She is getting the grief from people as she is one of the only devs ( full stop? :S ) that posts. I would like to see Archonix or Amary (if she is still there) posting more regularly so this doesn't happen as much.

Anyway some things are getting looked at which is good for the game. I will help test any changes made to the PTS. I think you can get plat for free on pts right so we can spam level fragments to see the changes.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #45
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    Would the changes be retroactive? So if we have a level 15 dps fragment already with a naff 5th stat will it change to a dps stat?
    No, it would not be retroactive.

The way frag stats are seeded is very convoluted. If I change the way stats are determined for fragments already in player possession, the BEST case scenario were I to do so is that those stats would completely change for all characters. The worst case scenario is that the change ends up corrupting the data of any character with fragments into a state that they could not log on and/or bring down the shards.

Like I said - the changes involve a lot of risk which is why I opted not to race the rework out under the wire for 4.5 (I looked to see if I could), and instead decided to get 4.5 safely out the door (coming SOON!), and make it the first thing I do next while all the data threads are fresh in my head.

So the changes would apply to all new fragments and old fragments would be technically "retired" in that the ones already in play would remain as they are, but that the old style would not no longer drop anywhere.

I will also further review the upgrade costs, and we are looking at some other angles and improvements as well. I do remember people asking about frags from boxes matching the class that bought them, and that seems reasonable. A few other ideas too. The first thrust will be getting tank vs non-tank frags split out though, get that up to PTS, and then start a new thread for feedback and suggestions at that time.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast