+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Independence Week Celebration! 06/28-07/05

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

That is a terrific update! Now even a slacker like me has a chance at it. =)
    Yaviey is going to update the blog post and put out socials on this.
    Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 06-28-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    The current content plan is in the recent Development Letter.
    The Dev letter that contains no mention of content for Live? That content plan?
    Nixia@Greybriar

Your Community Manager, Yaviey, spends a great deal of time collecting, collating and relaying feedback to the Dev Team and to our Marketing group. She is not, however, responsible for decisions that are made in Development or Marketing.

Now, having said that, everyone that works on RIFT here is deeply dedicated to doing the best they can for the game. To that end, most of think those dragon masks and steampunky backpacks are super cool. If you don't, fair enough! We hope to make something more to your taste in future.

The current content plan is in the recent Development Letter. Not all things will come to Prime and Live equally or at the same time. We hear you that you want more information, but we do not have it to give, yet. We are just heading into our mid-term planning meeting now to discuss these very issue, but I can't guarantee that you'll get more news immediately. Dev will talk about it when they are ready. =)

Prime does not offer a wide range of mounts for sale, so this was a chance to offer something cool and newish to be earned in game. We'll definitely review the event to see how many people went to the effort of earning it.

We don't offer extensive wardrobe items for sale on Prime either, because they are meant to drop in game more than on Live. Putting this list of over 4,000 items (Dev's recent estimate) at 25% off seemed like a great way for people to round out their styles on Live.

Important side note on feedback: please keep it constructive and related to the items or issues you like or do not like. Don't insult employees, as we take a very dim view of that here. Every soul at this company is dedicated to doing the best they possibly can, and insults help no one.

Brasse
    This reply in no way addresses the concerns that Live is basically being ignored and Patrons on Live are treated as Prime's red-headed step-brothers/sisters. We get a "list of over 4,000 items (Dev's recent estimate) at 25% off" in the shop...but only if we spend more money and buy credits. Not really comparable.

And talking of the shop, the Wardrobe Weekend section was broken when I tried (see bug reports).

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #19

Update for the Prime part:

Talk to "Freedom Sparkle Sam" in Meridian or Sanctum to start your quest. You'll collect sparkles by completing Expert Dungeons, winning Warfronts and completing Zone Events across Telara. The eagle is a creature of air, so you will earn even more freedom sparkles when you defeat Crucia's forces from the Plane of Air! Even though Independence week may end in the US, you can still keep collecting freedom sparkles and turn in your quest to earn your mount. After July 5, you will no longer be able to pick up the quest, though.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20

As an update for the Wardrobe section of the RIFT store on live. We've temporarily turned this off because some of it was not functioning as expected. We are working to correct this and in the meantime, wardrobe items are still available in the normal section of the RIFT store.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #21

Default Limited-Time Bonuses

Hey all,

The dev team would like to thank you for your patience for this week's sale miscommunications. As such, we've turned on 2x PA XP for Live and 2x planarite for Prime. These bonuses are live now and will run until 11:59 PM PDT on Sunday, July 1, 2018.

Thank you,

-RIFT Team

good thing I wasn't pointing fingers at a specific person or naming anyone...

The issues mentioned in this thread are just symptoms of issues that date from far before Yaviey became the face of community management.

Imo, Yaviey is doing a great job in communication and informing the players. I have never said otherwise.

Xly
    Rift Disciple

I'd take a bonus Planarite Weekend over Bonus PA Exp on Live any day... Are there still people left (and actively playing and caring) that don't have their PA finished?

Telaran

As an update for the Wardrobe section of the RIFT store on live. We've temporarily turned this off because some of it was not functioning as expected. We are working to correct this and in the meantime, wardrobe items are still available in the normal section of the RIFT store.
    So Event Wardrope will be available Again this weekend on LIVE?
    I hope so - I was trying to buy two of them yesterday, but nothing happened when clicking buy!
    If you would please confirm if yes or no.
    Last edited by Nirrana; 06-29-2018 at 01:53 AM.

Soulwalker

Once again Prime wins, heres some ugly wardrobe items while prime gets a patriotic lifter mount. And as for the PA bonus, big deal, I bet a lot more on live could use the 2x planarite a lot more than the PA bonus to upgrade items but then again attuners can be bought with credits so thats probably the goal. I just find it hard to believe there is such a disconnect with whats left of the live player base.

Plane Touched

We'll definitely review the event to see how many people went to the effort of earning it.
    On live we always have one month (or more) for a similar quest, and we have more options there.

On Prime we have only one week for it and one server without Unstable Artefact events. My guild is inactive now and I have therefore no one for dungeons. Battlegrounds do seldom open and events are rare during EU time.

These are my reasons, why I do not pick up the quest. I really do not know how I should complete this quest in only one week. And I am not alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    I dont think many people will actually get the mount at these rates. I have played steadily since it launched last night and I only have 44 sparkles so far. Last night an event in Stilmoor tied up most of the evening, and today twice I didnt get a reward at the end. Prime isnt like live where you can port to multiple servers and clear events. I also qued for a warfront last night for 30 minutes and it never popped. The numbers just arnt adding up, sad to say.

Xly
    Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
    I really do not know how I should complete this quest in only one week. And I am not alone:
    Good thing then that you don't have to. Pick it up within the week, finish it when it's done. There's no time limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    The Dev letter that contains no mention of content for Live? That content plan?
    I'm sure they'll talk about it on the live stream today.
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.
    Rift: Maintenance Mode.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    Good thing then that you don't have to. Pick it up within the week, finish it when it's done. There's no time limit.
    Ok. Thank you. That information was missing in the german translation here: https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/de/...er-neuen-welt/
    I found it in the english version, now.
    I thought, that the Freedom Sparkles do not drop anymore after the week - like the Dirt Clods and Rhubarb Pies or others from the Meyhem Events. I remember that the quest remained only short time after the event. But one or two events the day shall also work. The decreased player base is still a problem.
    Last edited by Maelya; 06-29-2018 at 08:22 AM.

Sword of Telara

Any extra bonus is always nice but I would agree the planarite bonus would probably have been more appreciated on live. I would imagine only fairly new players don't have PA maxed.

Remember, the last time PA had an update was over 2 years ago, in the last expansion, at level 65 xp levels so we haven't had PA to work towards for quite a long time now
    Last edited by Balidin; 06-29-2018 at 04:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast