+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Summer 2018 RIFT Updates - Official Dev Letter

Τhe worst thing in this situation Rift players are , is that Trion keep making fun of us telling that they are working on new content and they will answer more question on dev letter.
    Here is the dev letter and all we get this summer after 7 months of nothing on Live is some fixes and Summerfest
    I guess in todays livestream they will talk about summerfest and in questions about content they will laugh and say they can't reveal something at this time (because there is nothing to reveal really)
    So sad with the direction of the game i so much love

Soulwalker

I feel the same, simpa!

Just looked (btw, the link from glyph to account doesn't work!) how much patron time I have left. Over 250 days and I feel stupid, that after always only renewing monthly, I bought a year long subscription for the first time in the 5 years I'm playing Rift
    It's wasted. I've stopped Prime completely and only login for raid on Live two times a week. Even that is coming to an end now, as people are simply done with it.

Just wish Trion would be honest with us. The balancing work they are doing now is nice and all, but too late and too little. There must be reasons, why Rift was neglected for so long already. Don't know about the other Trion games (and don't care), but is there even HOPE for some new content somewhere in the future? Do they want, but just can't because of (insert reason here)?

Can't stand this "all's happy and well" letter, when that's just not how it is. Honest communication would work better for me.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    I guess in todays livestream they will talk about summerfest and in questions about content they will laugh and say they can't reveal something at this time (because there is nothing to reveal really)
    So sad with the direction of the game i so much love
    Yes I find it quite frustrating and kind of rude when they laugh and joke during a livestream when the live players are asking when content is coming. Don't treat the people who have stuck by you through thick and thin like people to be made fun of. Not cool. I will never forget the reaction when I asked in stream chat when we will get more dungeons... made me sad.

With regards to the dev letter itself....

Balancing:
    • Having both PTS servers up is great.
    • Quite frustrating that the class changes were pushed to LIVE with zero testing in that enviroment. Good we can test things going forward
    • Stacking changes countered 90% of the warrior buffs. More needs to be done.
    • Please clarify the stacking groups. What are they? just additive and multipilicative or more? Why were they changed?
    • I feel really sad for mages. They had such diversity and the stacking changes killed off several specs.
    • Kill jester.... sorry I mean Kill Warchanter dps. It doesnt matter what you do to other souls if Warchanter is still waaaay out front.

Eternals:
    • Glad to see Eternal weapons will be looked at.
    • I Would suggest removing the procs. It will make everyone's life easier. Buff their normal stats/weapon damage instead.

Fragments:
    • Again glad to see these will be looked at.
    • Trion has been saying they will look at fragments for the last year so not holding on too much for this one.

Mount Drops from content.
    • Good addition long requested. Nice to see.
    • Add some rare drops to trash mobs to encourage people to actually kill it.
    • Game needs additional Dungeons/Raids for items to drop from...

PvP:
    • Queue changes are welcomed.
    • No mention of balancing for PvP
    • No mention of new incentives or progression. This needs attention.
    • No mention of Conquest. I guess the rumours of it's comback were false.

Shop and Mount store changes.
    • Welcomed indeed.
    • Move away from lockboxes is very good. It's my personal opinion but I find lockboxes fairly sinister. Well done for doing this.
    • Too much stuff on the store. Would love to see it condensed down so good news.
    • Removing some stuff from there like wardrobes and some mounts to be addded to the game to be aquired through gameplay would be great.
    • I have never liked how the shop circumvents npc vendors. I would prefer faction rewards to be only aquired by visiting the vendor in game. Probably other stuff too that I can't think of right now.

Calander:
    • Awesome to see this provide better rewards.

Summerfest:
    • Annual event, cool for people that like that. Not meaningful content. Not a lot to say.

Old Events from Vanilla:
    • There were some interesting events from old Rift which would be fun to play, especially for new players.
    • Would prefer new content events for live but hey ho it's something.

Final thoughts:
    The general quality of live changes are good, balancing, fragments, mount drops, store changes etc are all welcomed.
    The obvious lack of any live content is quite glaring. I was expecting this but It's still sad to see. We need Dungeons, new progression systems, world content, PvP balancing/incentives, raids etc. Rift Dev team are well capable of producing this so please do so

Soulwalker

I hope the lessons learned with this xpack wont ever be lost. Soul balance needs more than one person working on it. Rng IS-NOT fun, and i say that holding a tier 1 CP death fragment in my hand, one with guard and block. Personally i like this game a lot, and i see a lot of potential for it, if the right choices are made. Give more love to your patron subscribers. They deserve it! If you want to get them to love you back, one more thing for you guys to look into. Patrons shouldnd be grinding so much for world currency, like intel. This letter brings many good news already and im happy to see the Trion team working in a better direction for the game. Cheers.

And when is there going to be another raid for Live?

Its been 8 months (BoS was released October 25th) of no new content, and BoS is very boring at this point (3 bosses). But there was no mention at all of any content coming to Live? What happened to iGSB?
    Nixia@Greybriar

>>> Please clarify the stacking groups. What are they? just additive and multipilicative or more? Why were they changed? <<<

Not sure they changed that much in functionality as were more clarified...

In group/raid, buffs from one calling can be/are being overwritten by buffs from another calling

The best buff counts Bard Motif of bravery is overwritten by a beastmaster buff (not sure which one tho)

stacking buff groups means the buffs in that group can be active at the same time.

different groups means the buff from one group can overwrite the buff from another group.

afaik that's what it means anyways.

Soulwalker

My patron just expired and I see no reason to renew it on the horizon. As someone who enjoys endgame, Rift isn't providing anything. I was spending a lot of money (including the asinine Dragon's Hoard Pack) to finish my main and work on alts for iGSB and then they unannounced it. I've made the mistake of believing Trion's past posts and giving them money, but I won't be falling for it again anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    >>> Please clarify the stacking groups. What are they? just additive and multipilicative or more? Why were they changed? <<<

Not sure they changed that much in functionality as were more clarified...

In group/raid, buffs from one calling can be/are being overwritten by buffs from another calling

The best buff counts Bard Motif of bravery is overwritten by a beastmaster buff (not sure which one tho)

stacking buff groups means the buffs in that group can be active at the same time.

different groups means the buff from one group can overwrite the buff from another group.

afaik that's what it means anyways.
    That's one aspect of stacking groups, but the changes covered a wider variety of ways abilities can stack and interact with one another. I put together a forum post on the PTS about it showcasing a few examples: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5353110
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Why you are doing the clean up can you clean up the vendor trash rewards that minions give? The store sells keys for boxes no longer in the game. Why can't the store sell all the fluff outfits all the time? I think many of us why buy more if all were an option all the time. Also how hard would it to be that any area of pvp levels you up to max with a warehouse that give temporary gear and skills to use? That way no matter your level(no one pvps at low levels) you can always get into a pvp group.
    Last edited by BigBeaver; 06-01-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBeaver View Post
    Why you are doing the clean up can you clean up the vendor trash rewards that minions give? .
    This was answered before "If you are getting such items every day from 8h missions, it is because you are sending really under-leveled or poorly matched minions on 8h missions. Grey vendor items are the "reward" from the lowest possible result. A perfectly matched lvl 25 minion will never return these grey items."
    In this thread http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5351899
    Last edited by Kitasia; 06-01-2018 at 09:53 AM.

What happened with the poison/burning/nightmare artifacts dead Simon was working on the other mathosia zones ?
    Tok 2 is still coming ?
    And why don't u just communicate the secret project Dead Simon is working on ?

Shadowlander

I am a completionist and I've been going back through achievement hunting. I am FOREVER stuck in EI because quite simply, the ONLY event that ever pops is Unstable. Could you look at maybe adding the ability to start EI zone events be added to the store? I'd like to get the achievements!!!

It's about time you fixed the pay to win shop you have now. The ones of us who stoped playing after years and years may have to give you another chance once the fix is in. I really hope that you do fix the store and its not a lie.
    Fearless Guild Leader

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    What happened with the poison/burning/nightmare artifacts dead Simon was working on the other mathosia zones ?
    Tok 2 is still coming ?
    And why don't u just communicate the secret project Dead Simon is working on ?
    He is still working on Tok 2. He's just too busy, I'm sure. I remember someone said they planned to add more poison/burning/nightmares to mathosia zones, but nothing happened (as expected).

I'm not even done with Stonefield artifacts lol. No more!
    Nereius@Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    Eternals:
    • Glad to see Eternal weapons will be looked at.
    • I Would suggest removing the procs. It will make everyone's life easier. Buff their normal stats/weapon damage instead.
    I agree all the stuff you say here except this but indirectly, removing eternal procs and buffing normal stats/weapon damage will bring more balance issues on bigger perspective, itemization of 4.x is already an abomination like I mentioned couple times, stat increase or weapon damage increase will not bring so much difference like what current eternals doing.

While I agree on eternal proc should be looked, if its going to be removed whole systems of 4.x should be reworked, first they should fix itemization and bring the values people gain from fragments and gear looks like more RIFT style stats, people already reaching crit chance softcap even without raid buffs is not normal, damage calculations should be reworked, npc unit hps needs to be reworked with eternal procs removed only few specs or classes will barely reach 1m dps values even.

So if eternal procs reworked and totally removed this stuff should be looked, one of the biggest faults Trion did with 4.x is huge increase on mob HP values and same for DPS required and done by players unlike other expansion transitions.

I would suggest removing whole 4.x, wiping it and not kidding about this because this would be much safer, quickier to rework on.

Whole balance system is like chain reactions of bad decisions done, legendaries, eternals, itemization and fragments, unless this 4 looked together removing/changing only one of them won't give us real results.

Let me show you how much eternal proc on rogue increases damage done by simple 30 sec parse on my solo spec which I can easily solo expert dungeons and which I used on LFR TD for dps tanking while also capable to heal raid.

Parse without eternal proc, used Chill Blade as main hand and Ascended Axe as offhand, recasted all weapon enhancements without eternal proc

Just swapped Mortal Edge with Chill Blade you can also see and check stats from both screenshots.

While this is not optimal dps spec like I said solo spec and I didn't change any buffs I use on it like having guardian phase etc just recasted ebon blades and smoldering blades with eternal proc on 2nd parse.

See the difference is easily 400k, while the spec I played wasn't optimal dps spec maximum difference without eternal proc on with any other spec won't be more than 150k.

So any touching should be done carefully otherwise people won't even have enough dps to clear TD NM with full t2 gear.
    Last edited by aileen; 06-01-2018 at 04:05 PM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60)
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast