+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Summer 2018 RIFT Updates - Official Dev Letter

Quote Originally Posted by Zerofate View Post
    Eternal balancing is what I really hope you guys get right.
    Have you not learned by now that in typical MMO terms it basically means "nerf" incoming. Probably to make those who are incapable of doing the particle quest or those too lazy to go through the eternal chain still feel useful...

In typical MMO fashion everything gets nerfed first instead of others buffed so any "balance" is really just a nerf coming.

Plane Walker

This is more of a "state of Prime" than a state of the game letter. I play live only, although I've been a paid subscriber since launch. Please explain to me why I should continue to subscribe when Live is essentially abandoned?

I've stated before, new raid content is critical to the continued existence of Live. The last time this happened I lost half my guild waiting for new content. I can easily see that happening again. How long can I keep geared raiders interested in logging in when we have been clearing BoS in 45 minutes a week for many months now? People lose interest and drift away.

There is nothing in this letter for me and mine, no hope and nothing to look forward to.

Cladari
    Guild Leader
    Dol Amroth
    Deepwood

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by dundare View Post

Sorry, I am just done with this stuff. I have been here since beta but this is it.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    I want to say thank you so much for the workings of the souls. Even though they are not needed for building, the need was there to help friends of builders enjoy what they like in Rift. I for one would love to see my friends happier. I really miss some of my pvp and raiding friends who are doing stuff elsewhere. I know soul balance is the first step to making both pvp and raids flourish again.
    Do you know what was the outcome of those "balance changes" on Live ?
    Last edited by Lokken`; 05-31-2018 at 01:55 PM.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    Have you not learned by now that in typical MMO terms it basically means "nerf" incoming. Probably to make those who are incapable of doing the particle quest or those too lazy to go through the eternal chain still feel useful.
    With a few things recently, I am hopeful that the fixes planned are actual fixes. A lot of fixes or balances might seem to be "nerfs" but when one thing is over performing everything else - then balancing does require "nerfing" that one thing. But I'm looking at an overall picture. It has become quite obvious that the growth (or bloat) has gotten a bit out of hand. With so many souls, with so many point spread options, with change-on-the-fly Masteries, with so many ways to twiddle those 5 Legendaries, with 5 different kinds of Eternal Weapon buffs.. it's like making chili with every pepper and spice in the drawer. It's a HOT MESS.

But Trion has scaled back and adjusted the stacking buffs. There was never any real clear definition of what that means, but we all felt it here and there. This was change on a fundamental/foundation level. They are soliciting feedback on Legendary powers. They are looking at the Eternal weapon (I think it's more about how it functions versus how many particles you have to get to upgrade the weapon, btw). I think someone came into the kitchen, saw all the empty spice jars which included two whole cans of primalist habaneros and finally said - Nope. Time to get the recipe back in line with how Rift should be.

I remain ever hopeful. Yeah, cuz that's just how I am.
    Last edited by SonoMoenia; 05-31-2018 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    Do you know what was the outcome of those "balance changes" on Live ?
    No. I don't even know what is wrong now. I just know people are unhappy. Now with new people getting up to speed on the workings of the souls, I am super hopeful that those unhappy will become happy. I am a dimensioneer with souls all I care about is can I kill that mob standing on a flower I need. However, I do get very happy to think my friends who are affected by unbalanced souls might get some joy.

Add rare mount drops to Expert Dungeons and Raids on Live. These extra rewards for play have been great on Prime, and this one is an idea that’s definitely worth taking to all servers.

Wasn't that the mounts raining from the skye in dungeons before the drop rate got nerfed and those not in dungeons were left out of a chance?

mount drops in instances only.. fine, make them boa.
    If you want to make them tradable give the casual non-instances player a chance too in open world
    Last edited by Aranka; 05-31-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    I just know people are unhappy. Now with new people getting up to speed on the workings of the souls, I am super hopeful that those unhappy will become happy.
    Sadly I`m not hopeful at all. That "balance patch" fixed nothing on Live. Chantion is still the best spec for warriors, clerics still suck, mages lost their diversity, rogues are top in st, st + cleave and pure aoe. The only good thing is that primalist st dps is not silly OP anymore (I have a primalist alt btw) but they don`t have any cleave at all.
    Last edited by Lokken`; 05-31-2018 at 02:38 PM.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Rift Master

This letter just makes me glad I did not, in the end, choose to buy a power pack for a few extra days of patron.

As when I quit playing at the beginning of Nightmare Tide, it was Trion's decision-making on the direction of this game that led me away. Granted, some of the things that drove me away have been fixed (i.e., the extreme dependence on lockboxes, I'm pleased and gratified that Trion has made a serious commitment to selling as many mounts as possible as direct sales instead of lockboxes), but new problems have cropped up. At least at the beginning of 3.0 there was no lack of content causing me to be so bored that I find fishing to be the most worthwhile thing I can do with my gaming time.

Trion, I hope your new/returning devs are getting up to speed soon and you can start producing us some quality content. I'll keep an eye on it for when that happens. For now, I guess I'm just gonna casually fish and hunt artifacts and see what develops, if anything. I can't even bring myself to care about the contraptions hunt, and six months ago I would've been all over that.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Rift Disciple

Thumbs down

No new content = players won't log on

Players not logging on = players won't spend money

Players not spending money = game loses funding to create content

I'm sorry, but the Summerfest event does not = content patch. Please give me a reason to log onto Rift.

Rift Disciple

Wow, that was disappointing. I'm kind of surprised this letter got approved, lol.
    Nereius@Faeblight

Well then. Back from a self-imposed Rift Forum posting hiatus (just for this one post) to say wow... Not a single new thing to look forward to on Live. So that makes T2 BoS three bosses the end game for what? 14 plus months?
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ailell View Post
    Wow, that was disappointing. I'm kind of surprised this letter got approved, lol.
    Same here, but at the same time I'm glad that they are being honest and not getting our hopes up.

No new content ?
    Is it a joke ?

Shadowlander

Oh just read it properly- ROS planar attunement and ember isle soon. Hyped for that!

The next progression steps for Prime may be sooner than you think, as we’ll be condensing some of the original release pacing to keep content fresh for raiders and non-raiders alike. With River of Souls looming ahead, you can also expect to see Ember Isle opened and the Planar Attunement system unlocked around the same time.”

Why is that part in the Massivelyop article but i can't see it in the dev letter on the website?
    Last edited by mattydoga; 06-01-2018 at 03:00 AM.

Soulwalker

Long text with little content. Nicely written but not what I hoped to read

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast