+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTstream 06/01: Summer Updates

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Lightbulb RIFTstream 06/01: Summer Updates

This Friday, June 1, 2018, join us live on Twitch for our weekly RIFTstream featuring Chris “Archonix” Junior (Game Director, RIFT) and Amanda “Amary” Fry (Producer, RIFT), along with a secret host.

This week they’ll discuss what’s been going on from the development-side of RIFT and what you can expect this summer in Telara. The team is also giving away great in-game prizes such as the brand-new Blood Raptor Power Pack!

RIFT LIVESTREAM
    Friday, June 1, 2018
    11:30 AM PDT: Summer Updates
    www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

We simulcast on RIFT’s Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, but remember that in order to get in on the prize giveaways, you have to be in Twitch chat!
    Last edited by Yaviey; 05-30-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Questions for Friday in case I sleep through the stream again and have to watch it later. Will Summerfest start in June July or August? Are there plans for new wardrobe items coming up this summer? Are there any new dim items you can share with us. One last thing can you please force Linda to bring one of her babies on the stream.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    Questions for Friday in case I sleep through the stream again and have to watch it later. Will Summerfest start in June July or August? Are there plans for new wardrobe items coming up this summer? Are there any new dim items you can share with us. One last thing can you please force Linda to bring one of her babies on the stream.
    I can't imagine there won't be new wardrobes, it's pretty standard at this point! I second the question about the timeframe for Summerfest, I'm excited!

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Will Archonix don the three piece suit and address the Rift Nation with the Producer's Letter during the stream or will it be a separate announcement? seeing tweets of Rough Raptors at keyboards hinting at big secrets keeps us in suspense.

Default secrets....

Who could be the secret host I wonder?

2/1 Dev coming back from other game in stable
    5/1 well known dev recruited from another company....
    7/1 Return of the dev....we get someone like Keyens back
    10/1 a regular streamer thats been away for a while (Seatin?)
    15/1 Daglar
    20/1 Scott Hartsman
    50/1 Elrar

anyway enough of that...I have a question for devs:

Now that you have proven the concept of having a "challenge" and "regular" mode of the game, what are your thoughts on being able to transition player characters from one to the other - I know you originally anticipated Prime being live for a year and this seems likely to extend so what model do you plan to use for getting prime toons across to live when the "challenge" ends and will you allow them to move to existing servers on NA or will a new server be opened just for those characters?

Quote Originally Posted by AtoningUnifex View Post
    Who could be the secret host I wonder?

2/1 Dev coming back from other game in stable
    5/1 well known dev recruited from another company....
    7/1 Return of the dev....we get someone like Keyens back
    10/1 a regular streamer thats been away for a while (Seatin?)
    15/1 Daglar
    20/1 Scott Hartsman
    50/1 Elrar

anyway enough of that...I have a question for devs:

Now that you have proven the concept of having a "challenge" and "regular" mode of the game, what are your thoughts on being able to transition player characters from one to the other - I know you originally anticipated Prime being live for a year and this seems likely to extend so what model do you plan to use for getting prime toons across to live when the "challenge" ends and will you allow them to move to existing servers on NA or will a new server be opened just for those characters?
    I have been wondering the same. How is it gonna work if you have max character slots on live? Also, say you leave prime, will that person still be able to transfer to live at the end?
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Will Archonix don the three piece suit and address the Rift Nation with the Producer's Letter during the stream or will it be a separate announcement? seeing tweets of Rough Raptors at keyboards hinting at big secrets keeps us in suspense.

Hate to burst your bubble on this one, but that tied into the social media push for Fallout 76 (look up the hashtag #PleaseStandBy which is featured in the tweet with this pic)
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Will Archonix don the three piece suit and address the Rift Nation with the Producer's Letter during the stream or will it be a separate announcement?<snip>
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Dizbo; 05-31-2018 at 03:39 AM.

Release date of 4.5 ?
    What to expect in this patch for Live ?
    Summerfest release date ?

Rift Disciple

Any ETA on the two of the horn wardrobe models??

https://imgur.com/a/XcGyVvQ
    https://imgur.com/a/WqdmzGi
    Cileriqao@Greybriar <Kairos>

I love summer fest and all the events with their special items, and having the crafted items as Bis along with the eternal weapons.MY questions are aimed at those items.

1.What will be the new "have to have" special event item-items from summer fest ?
    2.Will we have a new upgrade lvl for the crafted helm and ranged items coming ? general idea or time frame ?
    3.Will there be a new upgrade lvl for the eternal weapons coming ? general idea or time frame ?

Will you be fixing cheese mechanics of Raid bosses directly referring to GSB and the boss following to respawn area. This is a common theme through slivers and now GSB. The immersion breaking timing of these is important and reflects on the quality of the product TRION is putting forth to consumers.

Rift Disciple

Will you be adding a way to get legion datagrams besides BoS?

Will you be giving us some weeklies like you did in SL and NMT (Dendrome and PTW open world weeklies) with likewise currencies for Live PoA?

Please, just give us a reason to play Live again!?!

The Drake Mounts from Ghar Station

The wardrobe from Ghar Station

Are we ever going to get a new lockbox appropriate and relevant to the season again or are the christmas and thanksgiving ones going to be permanent forever?

can we get more premium mounts for purchase on Prime?

can we get more premium wardrobe for purchase on Prime?

can we get higher grade fragment boxes to purchase with Ethereal Shards?

cam u further reduce intel costs since there arnt many active ways to farm them in the low population, or add them to everything so we have enough options to get them through?

any plans on converting the old currencies you took all the vendors out for, it might free up some data on the servers if you did?

can Dead Simon add artifact tracking vials for Tok's bought for Tok Tokens at max rep?

can crafting get revitallized with more Chondritic items?

can you put ZE lures in the rift store for all the ZEs and reduce the price on them so we can finish chieves that are nearly impossible to anticipate?

can we get the 40 Credit premium crafting recipes on Prime for marks cost?

can you offer all the premium only recipes for marks on Live?

you guys love auto mentoring us on Prime, how about auto sidekicking too?

will it be a whole year before we even get to Ember Isle on Prime?

on Prime should Johlen be hitting full dmg on tanks bypassing defensive stats?

on Prime should Thalgur in GP be one shotting everyone including tanks at the start of fight?
    Last edited by Challengere; 05-31-2018 at 06:58 PM.

So back during the "Rift On" post, there was mention of Moonshade highlands and Droughlands IAs. Once 4.4 hit PTS, I saw some signs that these were begun, but I have no clue if they were implemented or are available. However, these IAs were not mentioned in the summer dev letter.

Are these IAs still in the pipeline? Will we see Moonshade Highlands and Droughtlands IAs for Live?
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast