+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree53Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTstream 06/01: Summer Updates

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #31

Quote Originally Posted by Moril View Post
    I don't understand this statement. How can you not be ready to answer a question? You either have the answers to the questions or you don't. I can't imagine an employee telling the CEO of a company or any other employee "I am not ready to answer your question." This statement is much like our country's politicians holding a press conference on any given subject. The verbal dodge ball game is really not appreciated. If the question requires a great deal of thought so that you cover every nuance say so. If you plan to cover the subject matter in depth at a later time say that. But saying things like you are not ready to answer that question smacks of evasion. Like your hiding something.
    While I understand your frustration, this is going more to the speculative than factual side. We are working on both Live and Prime content updates. As we've stated numerous times, right now optimization and bug fixes are our top priority. When we are closer to release and therefore able to give more exact time frames on what will be in those, we'll share them. This is in no way attempting to hide anything or be political. In fact, this is status quo for how news works. When we have more to share we'll go into extreme detail about it. Right now we don't. As we've already experienced, if we say we're working on X and then it gets moved back for any number of reasons, we make people upset.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    At this point we're looking more at after summer for really new Live content but that could change depending on how fast the team goes.
    Does IGSB = really new live content?
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

As we've already experienced, if we say we're working on X and then it gets moved back for any number of reasons, we make people upset.

People are already upset/annoyed because its been 8 months of no new content for Live, and the next raid is a rehash anyway
    Nixia@Greybriar

Rift Master

I want so much for Rift to be popular and successful and profitable -- all at the same time -- but I also can't in good conscience continue to invest in mere hope for new content. So, yes, upset and frustrated with lack of content and therefore unable to justify funnelling my limited gaming budget towards Rift anymore. And because I feel that way, I keep posting until I too, like so many dozens of others before me, just get fed up and move on for real.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

At this point we're looking more at after summer for really new Live content but that could change depending on how fast the team goes.
    Thank you for being honest this time.
    Consider though adding an event, new artifact sets or sth fun to do this summer to keep people playing
    Last edited by simpa1988; 06-05-2018 at 03:18 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by dundare View Post
    Does IGSB = really new live content?
    At this point I would do anything for a live 20 man raid, and I also think it's an important incentive to lure the more serious raiders, so I'll gladly take it. This entire 2+ years old expansion still doesn't have a single 20 man raid.

Having nostalgia made relevant again is still way better than nothing, especially if it's a 20 man.
    Last edited by Thontic; 06-06-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Rift Disciple

While I understand your frustration, this is going more to the speculative than factual side. We are working on both Live and Prime content updates. As we've stated numerous times, right now optimization and bug fixes are our top priority. When we are closer to release and therefore able to give more exact time frames on what will be in those, we'll share them. This is in no way attempting to hide anything or be political. In fact, this is status quo for how news works. When we have more to share we'll go into extreme detail about it. Right now we don't. As we've already experienced, if we say we're working on X and then it gets moved back for any number of reasons, we make people upset.
    I, personally, am not asking for definite times for the release of new content. Despite what others may believe, programing is more of an art then an exact science. Statements like we are not ready to discuss X do seem deliberately vague and evasive. This statement however
    We are working on both Live and Prime content updates. As we've stated numerous times, right now optimization and bug fixes are our top priority
    has some details to it. Not a whole lot but it has some. Tell us that you working on X and if gets moved back tell us that. Don't be afraid to post information even if later on it gets changed. Tell us person X is working on optimization. Tell us that person y is working on a new raid. Everyone should understand that everything is a work in progress and may bear no actual resemblance to the finished product. As a community we can wait on bug fixes and optimization. Be nice to know which bugs and what optimization but just the fact that you are working on them is good. I don't want another release like 4.0. In my eyes it was awful. And to date we are still plagued by egregious bugs and pitiful performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Thontic View Post
    At this point I would do anything for a live 20 man raid, and I also think it's an important incentive to lure the more serious raiders, so I'll gladly take it. This entire 2+ years old expansion still doesn't have a single 20 man raid.

Having nostalgia made relevant again is still way better than nothing, especially if it's a 20 man.
    The plan was and probably still is to scale it down to 10. They said there are no plans for 20 man raids for this expansion and it remains to be seen if ever. Part of it is player population, another part had to do with resources. Not so much in terms of money as it was manpower. They have since hired new employees so hence why I said it remains to be seen, but this was the answer that was given way back when I asked on stream before Bastion of Steel released.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Plane Walker

It all reads like excuses. The first few times, sure. But this is a recurring theme. They literally do not do anything well and laugh it off. It really makes me sad and mad. Oh no more 20 mans but we bring them back on PRime. CQ is gone for good but lets seek feedback on it months later. The worst of them all is Prime will not eat into live. That is just a flat out lie - no other way to put it.
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

Soulwalker

Please please please please please do something about PvP already. Warfronts are a disaster.

Plane Walker

I'd like to not be in a time loop where we are all stuck doing the same things over and over and over for a year at a time... plenty of bright minds to find ways to keep us entertained while the really big things(actual content) is getting worked on
    Last edited by sofeorus; 06-26-2018 at 10:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3