+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTstream 06/01: Summer Updates

It was mentioned that mounts will drop from expert dungeons and possibly even a mount box at the end of the reward calendar. Tacitus explained how it currently works in prime:

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    The mounts dropping on Prime are single instances of that mount, not account entitlements like the lock box mounts. So they go to one character, and one character only.

Also - since I know some of you are probably already eyeing some kind of long game where you horde BoE mounts on Prime to bring them to Live in a year plus - don't bother hording the BoE mounts on Prime. Whenever any characters eventually get moved from Prime to Live, any of these chase goodies you have collected will become soulbound.

I'll say it again for those that skim instead of read:

ANY CHARACTERS THAT MOVE FROM PRIME TO LIVE WILL SEE ALL BOE CHASE ITEMS BECOME SOULBOUND.

Source http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...s-prime-2.html

Will mounts on live work the same way or will our versions be bound to account?

Now that you're laying ground work for the expansion story to continue, what are the plans revolving around raids specifically moving forward? IGSB was put on the back burner and it's not something most people wanted in the first place. If we're going to have to wait for it, then we might as well wait for whatever new raid comes next, but we're all wondering if this "ground work" will likely include that. That's just my own opinion in regard to waiting though.

When PTS is brought back up for live, will we immediately start diving into live balance changes, working on theory crafting and parsing ect or will it go up and then the changes will come sometime after?

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Thanks for giving us to opportunity on asking questions. I asked this questions on previous live stream but they didn't answered, I removed few mentioned on dev diary you released so posting the ones didn't get answer, also putting few more.

Here is my questions related for live shards:
    • What was the reason for pushing combat changes on live as well? While warriors gained dps, like other people mentioned rest of classes lost significant amount of dps on, was this intended?
    • Any ETA for iGSB on live? I also want to know what you guys are thinking for in whole RIFT's history first time ever only 1 raid released for raiding tier of that expansion? I mean there was no other raiding tier had only 1 raid like T2 for current expansion.
    • You mentioned people who loaned on other RIFT projects will be coming back RIFT again, did this happen? If not when it's going to happen, dev team already trying their best for us with limited man power they have and once again I appreciate to those good fellas!
    • Do you plan to introduce open world raid encounters again? I really enjoyed doing specially KaazRa and Senbora on SL! I would like to see such encounters happening again on live.
    • Since you introduced combat calculations, do you plan to fix actual issue on live, reaching maximum amount of HP you can put on any unit ingame due to having signed integer 32bit data set on them, because of this as we all know you put pseudo bosses and add phases on BoS. Do you think this changes will help you solve it?

Here is my questions relating prime:
    • Since class balance looks almost done all classes having at least 1 soul or combination viable, any plans for making this viability on other souls and combination.
    • Since this is progress server, how long you think GSB will be enough to let players focus on it? While its puggable for at least first 4 bosses, I think full clears will start this week and pug clears will start by next week, after players reaching certain point, do you have any plans on T2 raids? I personally find out that RoS on live getting tweaked for T2 values, is it really going to happen?
    • Will you guys try to bring HK to prime at all? Our researches pointing that 50 HK directly overwritten and scaled to 65 HK, reason of telling this all unique IDs for monsters and their skills are exactly same for both raids, while BigDataDude claimed it's hard to revert it back because of this, do you have any plans for making 50 version of HK from scratch, by scratch I mean following making raids like intrepid way.
    • It's no secret that prime sadly lost so much of it's population, do you have any plans to gain that population lose like giving free sub time? We really need some population again because right now we keep forming even pug groups with same faces all the time :/
    • Is the current status of prime satisfying for you?
    • Do you have any plans for people who abused 3rd boss of GP, because back in time any exploiting you were handing sanctions on players but on prime we do not see any of this except chat mutes.
    • Before launching prime you mentioned LFR, Normal and Hardmode difficulties for raids but right now we have only 1 difficulty, will you introduce them or that idea cancelled?
    • Will you release master mode dungeons again? If yes do you have any plans for making master mode DSM finally, that project cancelled on vanilla and we players never know why that happend.
    • What other future plans do you have for prime? When do you think we will advance to other expansions?
    • Do you also consider rechecking itemization on prime as well? Most of vendor gear and some of the drops either having useless stats and it's so hard to reach some caps on items. While you replaced items having parry to have guard, most other vendor items forced to have block on them or there are some items that not having any tertiary stats. This should be revisited for sure :/

A question relating both versions of game
    • Do you have any plans for making more viable bug reporting and feedback giving system? Right now we mostly do not know, if our bug reports viewed on forums because most either do not get any flags on them etc.
    • Since game is pushing everything done via LFR tool, do you have any plans to add all raids on LFR tool?
    • Do you also ever considered adding ingame voice communication for LFR and LFG some other MMO's do have them because sometimes you must explain fights to new people and some of them either do not want to come voice chat or refusing to install even popular softwares like Discord, Curse and Teamspeak.
    • Do you have any plans for adding new features on addon system? That system is good to have but if you add more enhancements on it would be lovely.

Newly added ones
    • We also heard a recent team member departure, what are the odds you can give us the name or at least projects he was directly working? Since you claim this will reduce the speed on content release, what kind of stance you taking on this issue, Will you really increase team member size of RIFT?
    • Will Devs interact with players more actively? By appearing on forums etc, I can understand they do not want to be part of any discord / skype channel because of overall negativity but what this game lacks since mid - SL to today is communication between devs and players and as human beings we can improve and solve stuff by communicating. You can see my old post I can update the stats for today but it won't be different so after seeing this can you just say communication is not an issue?

Thanks
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60)
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Does the team have any plans to address the platinum issues that a lot of people seem to have? I know that fragments are being worked on, but short of playing the AH or farming crafting rifts all day and selling matrixes, there aren't too many efficient ways to farm the large amounts of plat you still need in the meantime to level up fragments. We haven't heard anything since the nerf to dust: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ng-appeal.html

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Champion

This may sound like a whine or attack but I really honestly don't mean it as such. I'd like an honest answer.

Why should live players continue to sub when there are no raids or new content anywhere close to release?

I ask this because most of my guild raid logs for BoS at this point and otherwise it's rare to see more than 3-4 on at any given time.

Is there anything not summer fest or puzzle dungeon to get raiders interested in logging in again?

Secret Host?
    Does the host have a pet? Drink Diet Coke or Gets attacked by Nerf darts?
    Give us a tiny clue or riddle? It is tough to formulate a question with no clue who the secret host is.
    Last edited by Dizbo; 06-01-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Default Prime Vigil 2nd Challenge Bounty Artifact Recount...

So may we get a recount on the Bounty Artifact Challenge from the Prime Vigil 2nd Challenge???

Bounty artifacts already collected were supposed to count toward the total, but it seems they may not have...please give a recount

My forum post on the issue:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...e-sadness.html

Thanks,
    Zorr/Serenity on Prime
    Last edited by Zorr; 06-01-2018 at 08:53 AM.

Sad to see that only four or five questions from whole this thread answered like I said communication is our biggest problem, while I can understand answering all of them on limited time of livestream is not possible, you can still answer them on forums or start making big run livestreams instead of whole company only day and satisfy all players.

I really miss early RIFT streams when we were talking about all new coming stuff, ideas, questions but this 30 to 45minutes streams is not satisfying at all with the current state of live and prime.

Right now Prime has only 2 or 3 raiding guild, around 100ish raiders who killed Greenscale itself and each day this values are decreasing.

So please hear us and start communicating, do something about this otherwise prime will die in a month and I do not think most of this people switch to live either.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60)
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23

Hi all, thank you very much for posting your questions for today's livestream and for joining us live on stream!

Just in case it wasn't made clear before, we are not able to answer every question that is posed. We do our best and the questions are cleared through the team before we answer them. We do know you want more answers, especially as it pertains to what's going on post-optimization fixes and what new content there will be. Any questions related to that were not answered because we don't have a public-facing answer on that yet. As soon as we do, we will let you know. Instead, as usual, we answered what we could.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Hi all, thank you very much for posting your questions for today's livestream and for joining us live on stream!

Just in case it wasn't made clear before, we are not able to answer every question that is posed. We do our best and the questions are cleared through the team before we answer them. We do know you want more answers, especially as it pertains to what's going on post-optimization fixes and what new content there will be. Any questions related to that were not answered because we don't have a public-facing answer on that yet. As soon as we do, we will let you know. Instead, as usual, we answered what we could.
    so I know answers were also limited to what you had time for, mind answering the ones you didnt here for us?

Default 6/1/2018 Livestream - Trionworlds

In case you missed it my favorite parts

Seriously, how cool is it to have the CEO join a livestream twice in less than a month?
    Last edited by Dizbo; 06-02-2018 at 07:33 AM.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    so I know answers were also limited to what you had time for, mind answering the ones you didnt here for us?
    Some of it wasn't a timing issue but rather, the team isn't ready to answer those questions yet. As soon as we are, we'll either answer them directly as they come up or make a more formal announcement on the pieces that we can talk about.

Some of it wasn't a timing issue but rather, the team isn't ready to answer those questions yet. As soon as we are, we'll either answer them directly as they come up or make a more formal announcement on the pieces that we can talk about.
    Will you release ANY new content in Rift Live this summer ?
    Just a yes or no . It doesn't have to be what. Can we expect something ?

Rift Disciple

I don't understand this statement. How can you not be ready to answer a question? You either have the answers to the questions or you don't. I can't imagine an employee telling the CEO of a company or any other employee "I am not ready to answer your question." This statement is much like our country's politicians holding a press conference on any given subject. The verbal dodge ball game is really not appreciated. If the question requires a great deal of thought so that you cover every nuance say so. If you plan to cover the subject matter in depth at a later time say that. But saying things like you are not ready to answer that question smacks of evasion. Like your hiding something.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    They have resisted answering this question with what would in other cases admirable skill. In this case, it is just a sadly telling silence.
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #30

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    At this point we're looking more at after summer for really new Live content but that could change depending on how fast the team goes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast