+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTstream 05/18: Soul Patch Q&A!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default RIFTstream 05/18: Soul Patch Q&A!

Amary will be our font of knowledge for the SOUL PATCH, Hotfix 4.4 #13 - let's talk about it!

This was a HUGE patch for character development on RIFT, with far-reaching soul changes on Live and Prime. Initial feedback has been positive, but we know you have more questions.

We are working on a Development Letter for the end of the month, in which your "what's coming next" queries will be addressed, but Amary can shed a bit of light on that in advance as well!

Brasse will collect up questions on this thread.
    Please post your queries there, as it can be very hard to keep up with questions on the chat during the stream - we will take those, time allowing, AFTER the ones we collect from the forum thread!

RIFT LIVESTREAM
    Friday, May 18, 11:30 AM Pacific
    https://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

As usual, we will simulcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube! Due to technical limitations, only folks logged into Twitch chat will be able to enter for the giveaways.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

InB4 Balidin!

Taken from my post here: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...hats-next.html

There's also some other peoples questions for the stream if they don't end up reposting them in this one.

What's next?
    Now that the balance changes have been pushed out for Prime and GSB was released, what's on the schedule next in terms of live specific balance and content updates? It sounded like these changes were meant to push out a lot of the prime specific stuff out of the way so the team could get to the real meat of the issues on live so to speak as we've been waiting far longer (understatement) for changes and still don't have any.

Can we get some better and more in depth clarification on the Intrepid: Greenscale's Blight? It was announced back in January (see: https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/.../2018-rift-on/ ) that it would be coming and then discussed throughout the numerous livestreams until 2 weeks ago when this was said: https://youtu.be/7TAnBU0VbeY?t=1702 - It's difficult to say that any of the previous discussions were simply taken out of context and I understand that you normally don't announce something unless you're 110% sure it's coming, but Archonix eluded to the fact that it's something "we want to do" or that it's possibly not even being worked on or may not be coming after all. If it's something the team had to go back on, the simply tell us directly rather than beating around the bush and explain the reasons behind it.

Actions speak louder than words
    One of my FIRST questions when Prime was announced is what the policy would be in regard to which version of the game comes first in terms of attention, content and focus. We were assured that Live, for all intents and purposes would still be the main version of the game, but the actions in recent months show otherwise. There seems to be a severe disconnect on what the developer team sees and what the players actually see in terms of the state of live. There's certainly people still playing overall, but it's a far cry from what it was even 5-6 months ago and the raiding scene is hanging by a thread (especially with the above mentioned IGSB status). I had mentioned that because Prime is subscription based, those players will feel that Prime deserves more, if not all of the attention when it comes to fixes, changes and content since they're paying for it. Meanwhile those of us who have been playing and paying for the last several years and even some since beta are left out in the rain waiting for changes to come every week, every month and are instead disappointed with every patch day. So, where does the team stand in terms of priority in regard to both versions of the game? Don't say both, because actions have shown that it's not both or at least not from our perspective. Maybe you have tons of stuff coming for live that aren't just season events, but once again because there's still communication issues, we don't hear about it and so people jump ship.

The developer letter couldn't come soon enough and I hope you'll preface it with "possible, maybe and not 100% certain" if you're aren't, when it comes to the stuff you have lined up for the rest of the year.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    InB4 Balidin!
    awww damnit...

Rift Disciple

With these changes on live Primalists and Mages saw 200-250k drops in dps in their competitive builds.
    (I've heard and seen some of this for other callings as well this but don't have the parses handy to back that up, just hearsay)

- What was the overall goal of these changes?
    - Are these just the starting baby steps?
    - Were these changes intended to have such heavy implications for end game raiding specs at level 70?
    ---some guilds were clearing BoS easily, many more however are still struggling, this is going to be a big set back for the latter of the two groups.
    For example our Wed night group usually kills the first boss with 6.8-7.2mil raid wide dps, this week that group was struggling around 5.8-6.3mil dps. losing 900k-1mil dps for the raid is a big deal.
    - Are more adjustments to individual souls currently being worked on to bring things more in line? (to pushed out soon)
    - In the future can we, the Live server players, expect to be able to test major changes on the PTS prior to them being pushed live, or will we be doing our testing on the live servers?
    As a player who primarily plays on live i would be more then happy to test on the PTS for changes that are upcoming to the soul/skill systems.

Only question
    When something new is coming to Live servers (don't tell me Summerfest) ?
    Give us some hints on what you are working for Live servers.

Champion

Copied from Holyroller's thread.

We haven't had a PTS available for live for several months now. Is this going to change anytime soon? I know there are technical issues with prime. But will it be fixed or flipped over to live sometime soon?

General of Telara

Pretty much what HolyRoller has said above but I have a few:
    • Will intel be added to the Rise of The Pheonix intrepid raid as well.
    • The eternal weapons are a big spanner in the machine when trying to balance classes. Would the team consider removing their procs and increase their passive states to compensate (more strength, dex etc).
    • Is the team open to removing the Suffix itemisation going forward for a less frustrating way of obtaining loot along the lines of selecting a "tank" loot box containing a preserver items or a "dps" lootbox containing an overlord box.
    • Will you please break Warchanter DPS on live? It shouldn't be doing damage at that level much like sentinal was on prime.
    • The Bloodfire Behemoth dungeon just outside Sanctum/Meridian. Would you ever consider adding more content to this for current level and going forward. A great addition it was and a shame to waste it as it could add some fun content to the game.
    • Will the dream orb or runeable items be increased at any time. I feel 2 items to be orbed killed the orb market completely and feels quite low. Perhaps we went too far from the rune/orb fest of last expansion.
    • Any chance there could be a filter to only show items as an Armoursmith for example that you haven't collected the appearance of. Somewhat like the filter for the Auction House
    • Will any new cosmetic style items be added to crafting professions in the future.
    • Will Tacitus be getting any help going forward. Perhaps some minions to help with all the jobs he has.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Thanks guys! We can always count on you for salient, challenging and rational questions. I am going to get these early ones to Amary in advance and will add to them as others come in.
    Brasse

When will the higher tier crafting recipes be made available? I'm not expecting the T3 items yet and I understand most of the content release schedule will attempt to line up with how things were released with the original launch of Rift, but with GSB drops having been increased in strength recipes like the raid crafted set will become less relevant much faster than they originally did.

While also on the topic of itemization will there be any passes for gear in prime? When toughness and parry were removed, and guard was introduced, all the old items with parry were converted to guard. Seeing as parry was the least valuable tank stat and was understandably under-represented in the loot tables, this means guard can now be fairly difficult to obtain for some callings (e.g. none of the raid mark leather tank gear has guard, and most raid drops are itemized with dodge.) As for dps gear, much of the rogue drops in GSB are itemized with physical crit or lack a tertiary stat entirely. This leads to some situations where you are better off passing on some items that should be an upgrade. Leaves a bit of a bitter taste.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Piggybacking on Stihl's itemization question: Can we get GSB-level mage tank set? Even if it's for raid marks or something.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

Rift Disciple

Regarding Marks, I am accumulating marks but there is nothing I wish to buy with them as I am getting better gear form DH, GP, GSB. Is there any plans to redeem them for anything else?

Suggestion: Allow us to purchase DH,GP, GSB dropped loot with marks. In doing so, make the cost of them more expensive than the current gear you can buy marks from. This allows us to keep doing the raids as there is something to gain by doing them even if marks are the only ting that drop.

Telaran

Well, the big patch for the prime server is released.
    I think it's good as well, what now?

100 Plat for the 6 roll, cheap is something else but it is fair.
    900 Plat from the 7 roll, when should we earn it?
    New souls do not have crystals for them so there is no set bonus.
    Mages, although you can buy the tank soul, there are equipment in the raids but not for them. Since a set bonus does not help on the things to buy, because there is no crystal anyway.

2x 10-Manraids and 1x 20-Manraid and all of them do not drop a tank item for the Magetanks. Why is that?
    Yes, the raid bosses drop rings that clerics and mages can wear, but it looks like alms.
    Is it so difficult to adjust the loottables?
    Do you always forget the mages?
    Are they at the bottom of your list of priorities?
    Why is there no feedback from the devs on this topic in the forum?

We can buy equipment for tokens that makes us raidready, but we have to buy EVERYTHING. Other classes get a part or everything in the 10'er as a loot, and then can choose what they buy.

Lesser essences for mages tanks, one in a Raidrift and where we can equip them only once. No to buy and no info if or when we can count on it.

The drop rate in the Experts for Magetanks is, let's say in the lower one digit percen area. At least that's my impressions. That means weapons and everything else is more than in short supply. All other classes get these in the 10 raids and us? Yes, Greenscale tanking with expert weapons. Well that makes it a challenge. However, why only us, and not all classes too?
    We can not even craften equipment.

I like to play Mage, but you do not make it easy at the moment.

Translated by Google
    Last edited by Aijate; 05-18-2018 at 03:50 AM.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Side note: Alpha PTS is coming back soon now that the Soul Patch is live. SOON, but we are waiting on Dev for a date/time.
    Brasse

Thanks for giving us to opportunity on asking questions.

Here is my questions related for live shards:
    • What was the reason for pushing combat changes on live as well? While warriors gained dps, like other people mentioned rest of classes lost significant amount of dps on, was this intended?
    • Any ETA for iGSB on live? I also want to know what you guys are thinking for in whole RIFT's history first time ever only 1 raid released for raiding tier of that expansion? I mean there was no other raiding tier had only 1 raid like T2 for current expansion.
    • Will you introduce itemization fixes? Right now because of both fragment system and suffix system T3 raid can be cleared by full T1 gear as long as person has hit, will you tweak it?
    • You mentioned people who loaned on other RIFT projects will be coming back RIFT again, did this happen? If not when it's going to happen, dev team already trying their best for us with limited man power they have and once again I appreciate to those good fellas!
    • Do you plan to introduce open world raid encounters again? I really enjoyed doing specially KaazRa and Senbora on SL! I would like to see such encounters happening again on live.
    • Since you introduced combat calculations, do you plan to fix actual issue on live, reaching maximum amount of HP you can put on any unit ingame due to having signed integer 32bit data set on them, because of this as we all know you put pseudo bosses and add phases on BoS. Do you think this changes will help you solve it?

Here is my questions relating prime:
    • Since class balance looks almost done all classes having at least 1 soul or combination viable, any plans for making this viability on other souls and combination.
    • Since this is progress server, how long you think GSB will be enough to let players focus on it? While its puggable for at least first 4 bosses, I think full clears will start this week and pug clears will start by next week, after players reaching certain point, do you have any plans on T2 raids? I personally find out that RoS on live getting tweaked for T2 values, is it really going to happen?
    • Will you guys try to bring HK to prime at all? Our researches pointing that 50 HK directly overwritten and scaled to 65 HK, reason of telling this all unique IDs for monsters and their skills are exactly same for both raids, while BigDataDude claimed it's hard to revert it back because of this, do you have any plans for making 50 version of HK from scratch, by scratch I mean following making raids like intrepid way.
    • It's no secret that prime sadly lost so much of it's population, do you have any plans to gain that population lose like giving free sub time? We really need some population again because right now we keep forming even pug groups with same faces all the time :/
    • Is the current status of prime satisfying for you?
    • Do you have any plans for people who abused 3rd boss of GP, because back in time any exploiting you were handing sanctions on players but on prime we do not see any of this except chat mutes.
    • Before launching prime you mentioned LFR, Normal and Hardmode difficulties for raids but right now we have only 1 difficulty, will you introduce them or that idea cancelled?
    • Will you release master mode dungeons again? If yes do you have any plans for making master mode DSM finally, that project cancelled on vanilla and we players never know why that happend.
    • What other future plans do you have for prime? When do you think we will advance to other expansions?
    • Do you also consider rechecking itemization on prime as well? Most of vendor gear and some of the drops either having useless stats and it's so hard to reach some caps on items. While you replaced items having parry to have guard, most other vendor items forced to have block on them or there are some items that not having any tertiary stats. This should be revisited for sure :/

A question relating both versions of game
    • Do you have any plans for making more viable bug reporting and feedback giving system? Right now we mostly do not know, if our bug reports viewed on forums because most either do not get any flags on them etc.
    • Since game is pushing everything done via LFR tool, do you have any plans to add all raids on LFR tool?
    • Do you also ever considered adding ingame voice communication for LFR and LFG some other MMO's do have them because sometimes you must explain fights to new people and some of them either do not want to come voice chat or refusing to install even popular softwares like Discord, Curse and Teamspeak.
    • Do you have any plans for adding new features on addon system? That system is good to have but if you add more enhancements on it would be lovely.

Thanks
    Last edited by aileen; 05-17-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast