+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
Like Tree36Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTstream 05/18: Soul Patch Q&A!

  1. #16
    Soulwalker Volorian68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    What is the state of PVP for Live??? PVP has been neglected for years, my home shard Seastone is a wasteland because of this. What will be done for PVP in the future???

  2. #17
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    [*]Will you introduce itemization fixes? Right now because of both fragment system and suffix system T3 raid can be cleared by full T1 gear as long as person has hit, will you tweak it?
    That makes no sense. There is no Tier 3 raid on live and the hit is still undetermined. You are suppose to be able to clear Tier 2 especially if you have high level fragments and lucky enough to get the better suffix T1 gear. In fact the addition of these things have had a very negative impact on PoA as it introduced a multi layer problem that was divisive on basically every level.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 05-17-2018 at 05:52 PM.

  3. #18
    Prophet of Telara aileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    That makes no sense. There is no Tier 3 raid on live and the hit is still undetermined.
    snip
    I do not want to turn this topic to off-topic but let me clear something for you, this expansion is having very bad itemization.

    After 5 years players reached crit chance softcap that means players having at least 50% crit chance on raid enviroment 45% of this coming from base rating directly 5% coming from raid buffs from archon and bard, not even adding soul talents, various debuffs to the account.

    That makes critpower more powerful than any other expansion, after reaching softcap on critpower there is no other way you can gain more DPS on live because most of your dps coming from eternal buffed damage, attack and spell power increases coming from other piece are not granting so huge DIFFERENCE to your dps because of this factors.

    Thats also another reason why full T1 geared guy with decent fragments not doing so much dps difference than full T2 geared because of given issue above.

    So you can basically have enough dps with T1 gear for T3 encounters even release only factor to stop dpsing you will be hit requirement.

    This kind of itemization should be changed, players should not reach softcap on crit chance and eternals shouldn't be main factor on dps increase. Difference on having last eternal to previous stage is more than 300k for most classes but jumping to full T2 gear from full T1 gear is around 100 to 150k in best scenario.

    So whatever you say or will say won't change the fact this expansion had poorest itemization design ever.

    When you realize the real issue, you start noticing how badly itemization done on this expansion.

    Reasons of reaching crit chance softcap is: Very high amount of main stat coming from gear and fragments itself. There is no other expansion RIFT had stat gains were more than 15% on each tier but just jumping from Expert to LFR you almost double stats coming from gear and same goes for LFR to T1 in the end current T2 gear has 3x more stats than expert ones which such kind of issue never happend..
    Last edited by aileen; 05-17-2018 at 05:54 PM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

  4. #19
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    I do not want to turn this topic to off-topic but let me clear something for you, this expansion is having very bad itemization.

    After 5 years players reached crit chance softcap that means players having at least 50% crit chance on raid enviroment 45% of this coming from base rating directly 5% coming from raid buffs from archon and bard, not even adding soul talents, various debuffs to the account.

    That makes critpower more powerful than any other expansion, after reaching softcap on critpower there is no other way you can gain more DPS on live because most of your dps coming from eternal buffed damage, attack and spell power increases coming from other piece are not granting so huge DIFFERENCE to your dps because of this factors.

    Thats also another reason why full T1 geared guy with decent fragments not doing so much dps difference than full T2 geared because of given issue above.

    So you can basically have enough dps with T1 gear for T3 encounters even release only factor to stop dpsing you will be hit requirement.

    This kind of itemization should be changed, players should not reach softcap on crit chance and eternals shouldn't be main factor on dps increase. Difference on having last eternal to previous stage is more than 300k for most classes but jumping to full T2 gear from full T1 gear is around 100 to 150k in best scenario.

    So whatever you say or will say won't change the fact this expansion had poorest itemization design ever.

    When you realize the real issue, you start noticing how badly itemization done on this expansion.

    Reasons of reaching crit chance softcap is: Very high amount of main stat coming from gear and fragments itself. There is no other expansion RIFT had stat gains were more than 15% on each tier but just jumping from Expert to LFR you almost double stats coming from gear and same goes for LFR to T1 in the end current T2 gear has 3x more stats than expert ones which such kind of issue never happend..
    Okay that explains some of it but there is options available for you to gain more dps. There is nothing stopping you for instance from retooling your essences so that when you hit soft cap on crit power/crit chance you can just resocket with a SP/AP essence instead. I mean I get what you are saying but I just feel the direction you are pointing to is raising the cap or lowering the value of crit power contributions to the soft cap. There is much easier way to deal with it without having to go through another stage of min maxing gear and fragments again.

    In my opinion it should be much easier to hit those caps so that we can focus on SP/AP as it is being devalued on some gear. Yes I agree we should not rely too heavily on Crit Power for our gear and there should be a strong focus on itemization team to make other types of gear just as valuable like SP and AP essences etc. Also, I would like to point out that hitting those caps are not as easy as you make it sound. I have sat in VP for quite sometime and the dps disparity is absolutely astronomical at times somtimes 2-3x as much as other players and there is very little players to compete with at times. It is very subjective to the player... In your case you may have great itemization on gear to hit those caps but there is going to be many many others who were not fortunate or lucky enough to do so.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 05-17-2018 at 06:20 PM.

  5. #20
    Prophet of Telara aileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Okay that explains some of it but there is options available for you to gain more dps. There is nothing stopping you for instance from retooling your essences so that when you hit soft cap on crit power/crit chance you can just resocket with a SP/AP essence instead. I mean I get what you are saying but I just feel the direction you are pointing to is raising the cap or lowering the value of crit power contributions to the soft cap. There is much easier way to deal with it without having to go through another stage of min maxing gear and fragments again. For instance, the implication can be taken that you want crit cap and chance contributions to be lowered so that we have to regrind to soft cap again... In my opinion it should be much easier to hit those caps so that we can focus on SP/AP as it devalues gear. Yes I agree we should not rely too heavily on Crit Power for our gear and there should be a strong focus on itemization team to make other types of gear just as valuable for instance SP and AP essences etc.
    Let me give you another example then:

    This are estimated adjusted item levels of
    Here is item levels for SL:
    Expert Gear: 325
    T3 Relic Gear: 494

    Let's check item levels for NMT:
    Expert Gear: 725
    T3 Relic Gear: 1240

    Let's check item levels for POA:
    Expert Gear: 2000
    T2 Gear: 5050

    So NMT had maximum 500 levels of itemlevel increase while POA currently having 3000 item level increased already.

    So you can easily see from 1.5x item level increase on SL to 1.7x increase on NMT from start to end but even without expansion ended we already have 2.5x increase on item level increase.

    Seriously this itemization should be revised and fixed for both gear itself and fragments.
    Last edited by aileen; 05-17-2018 at 06:11 PM. Reason: typo
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

  6. #21
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Seriously this itemization should be revised and fixed for both gear itself and fragments.
    Itemization for PoA does need some strong questioning on ethics and revising however, I would say that the reason why content seems trivialized is because of class imbalance. If you have classes who can do extraordinary dps and is balanced way higher than the required dps it trivializes content. If you have classes who can fulfill 2 or 3 roles in one raid spot it trivializes content and makes it much more doable. Even though they have made a whole lot of changes on paper and it seems impressive, the devs have to realize that in practical use it becomes a hot load of gibberish when nothing really changed on the player side. It would feel like they are playing a game on their end that is fun for them but not for the player. I do realize they did nerf some classes on live with the new changes however they didn't even remotely touch upon any of the more offensive issues that players have been questioning them about for quite a while now. Hopefully they will consider practicality when doing more changes.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 05-17-2018 at 06:57 PM.

  7. #22
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Will the sparkle quest be updated to something of the relevant tier? Since most have their t2 gear already, maybe let us turn them in for a storm cell. Also can you let us buy storm cells with prize tickets like you did with tenebrean engines?

  8. #23
    Prophet of Telara aileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Itemization for PoA does need some strong questioning on ethics and revising however, I would say that the reason why content seems trivialized is because of class imbalance. If you have classes who can do extraordinary dps and is balanced way higher than the required dps it trivializes content. If you have classes who can fulfill 2 or 3 roles in one raid spot it trivializes content and makes it much more doable. Even though they have made a whole lot of changes on paper and it seems impressive, the devs have to realize that in practical use it becomes a hot load of gibberish when nothing really changed on the player side. It would feel like they are playing a game on their end that is fun for them but not for the player. I do realize they did nerf some classes on live with the new changes however they didn't even remotely touch upon any of the more offensive issues that players have been questioning them about for quite a while now. Hopefully they will consider practicality when doing more changes.
    Class imbalance is not directly only coming from souls itself but certain factors like legendaries, double dipping on certain abilities from eternal procced damage and high stats coming from gear and fragments. If they followed usual way of itemization and bring 5 more masteries instead of legendary ability, we wouldn't have so much imbalance before. Anyway do not want to take this topic and I know we all having same kind of concerns
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

  9. #24
    Plane Walker AtoningUnifex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    417

    Wink

    Wow, there are some really good suggestions up above!.

    I guess mine are less questions and more observational but will see if I can frame them as questions...

    1. you have already mentioned that there may be further changes coming, but that your information released about IGSB on live was inaccurate, how do you propose to retain a "raiding" community on Live until some form of new raid is available- particulalry given that your raiding community on live consists of a mixture of patron and non-patrons who may have been at end tier for some considerable amount of time?

    2. What timescales do you have for enabling additional content for players who have a passion for PVP in RIFT, on live, and same question for Prime but in terms of timescales of delivery of next batch of warfronts, particularly regarding on live the re-enabling of some kind of conquest style content?

    3. What additional content are you working on or planning with a view to retaining or maintaining the current state of play, i.e. what have you identified that you need to do in the short/medium/long term to reduce the outflow to other games?

    4. Communications seems to be slowly improving but there still "feels" like the forums are sometimes a bit neglected in favour of the more modern shiny social meduims, are you going to do a review of the forums to make them a bit more versatile?

    5. In the hope that DeadSimon is on stream, do you have any plans to run the community or shiny shenanigan artifact events again or more regularly - it was great fun doing those boss kills after the stream but as you are all so busy that seems to have dried up a bit - any chance of more of these - or even a random spawning deadsimon/roughraptors on live every Friday/Saturday/Sunday?

    6. Last one for now....When are you guys going to come to the UK - there are a lot of us here that love Rift!, Simon could be your guide to all things "Mead" related and I am sure Captaincursor would have an absolute ball....and us Scots could help with some dialect, accent, syntax and grammar for Brasse :P (sorry being a little cheeky there!) - got some lovely words to teach you Brasse to help you enhance your Scottish dwarf experience...

  10. #25
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Regarding souls and balancing in general:
    • Since we couldn't test these changes on PTS, will we get another decent balance patch after level 70 testing is done?
    • If you want us to test level 70 specs, can we have a static set of gear to test with? T2 Armor(vendor gear, crafted helm and ranged weap), weapons with final eternal level stats(with no procs/eternal buff on them), T2 accessories(Vindicator quality), fragments with a static set of stats for all callings so everyone has the same mainstat, offstat, cp, ap/sp, crit chance from their entire fragment set? etc. Goal being to remove the wide disparity in stats caused by gear and fragment rng, so balancing can be done better.
    • Warrior dps specs still needs a boost at level 70, and warchanter needs to be killed as a dps source. Will that be taken care of?

    Non soul specific:
    • Gear ilvl exploded after NMT and squashing that may be a good idea if future expansions are being considered. Any plans to visit this and get the Power creep back down to a reasonable level?
    • Plans for fragments to be reworked still?

    With the end of NMT and introduction of fragments, the ilvl on PoA gear and fragments was overly inflated during PTS testing PoA to make Comet of Ahnket raid gear less desirable(because they still had tertiary stats on them). A better idea may have been to down-bolster top tier raid gear as you outlevel it(5% per level, for example and at +5 levels tertiary would be down-bolstered off completely). It would take a lot of work, but if ilvl from PoA can be squashed back down and content as well, would probably be good thing overall, and for future plans.

  11. #26
    Rift Master Dizbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    653

    Default Question

    Re: Live Server
    1) Has work on a new expansion been green lighted and if so, before May 2019?
    2) Is it possible to receive authorization to modify/modernize current pvp rewards?
    Thank you,
    Last edited by Dizbo; 05-17-2018 at 11:09 PM.

  12. #27
    Plane Touched omgitslos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    299

    Default

    I have brought this up before, and I shall keep doing it!

    Cleric healing is a bit of a mess on Prime. HoTs are weaker than FKs Telluric Burst, no active mitigation like FK (the only other healer I play to compare to) and even our Shielding is weak compared to FK. I think this is due to other healers being created later in the game on classes that don't have the 3 healing specs like we do, a "one size fits all problem". Our Hybidization isn't great either. Nothing we have can compete with the other healers. Content is doable with cleric healing, but makes it harder for the rest of the group.

    I don't play live, but I have heard we are weaker than other classes in this role as well. Are there any plans to re-tool Cleric healing to make it more modern? Is there a way to temporarily bring up our healing power in Prime?
    Hold fast and we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side

  13. #28
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Q: you talked about some EXP lowering "%" on rift prime, as its INSANE how much exp you need from 40-50. Are you going to lower the exp needed ?

  14. #29
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Sorry haven't read the thread yet so not sure if this has been asked.

    Is a soul patch better than a goatee or a full beard?


    JK

  15. #30
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    164

    Default

    1. Bring Nightmare Rifts to the comet in the form of NMR VII and VIII
    2. Double the planarite cap
    3. Reduce the RNG on Frags and the cost to upgrade them.
    4. Bring unstable,burning,nightmare,poison and other artifacts to the comet
    5. More carnage quests with better rewards
    6. Expand the VP ZE to the other sections of the comet.
    7. Expand BoS, It seems small.
    8. Add more content to IRotP
    9. Same for TDNM
    10. Add hard mode for TD, BOS. Increase the reward payouts for hardmode
    11. Add more specials, rares, to hunt in the comet. Make them tougher. Expand them to the comet zones as well
    12. Bring a variation on Rift hunts to the zones. Torvan needs something new to hunt.
    13. Here is a biggie. Modernize the game engine. Make it a more efficient user of the computer memory, GPU, and CPU.
    Last edited by Moril; 05-18-2018 at 07:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts