Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTstream 05/04: Dev Roundup

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default RIFTstream 05/04: Dev Roundup

Friday, May 4th: We have SO much to talk about! "The Seeker" challenge, Greenscale's Blight on Prime, the Holy Grail of BALANCE, Planar Plucker and more...

We're working hard toward our May 16th update: Brasse has corralled Archonix, DeadSimon and Icarus to talk about all your favorite topics:
    • Planar Plucker spotlight (Live)
    • Rogue Pet skins spotlight (Live)
    • Balancing underway across the board (Live & Prime)
    • "The Seeker" challenge (Live & Prime)
    • Prime Challenge III coming up (Prime)
    • Prime: Greenscale's Blight and the Slivers (Prime)

YES, we are taking questions, and will fit in all that we can. As with previous streams, we will endeavor to answer leftover questions in a post on the forums afterwards!

RIFT LIVESTREAM
    Fridays, 11:30 AM - www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

As usual, we will simulcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube - also as usual, due to technical limitations, prize draws can only be entered by folks who are in our Twitch chat channel.

General of Telara

• Why is the Seeker Challenge an event that rewards 4 people across the entire community?
      By doing this you lose a lot of interest as a lot of players will not even participate(myself included). At a time when moral is so low across the Live community an event with a reward structure like this seems ill advised. I would suggest that events like this reward everyone individually for their participation. For example as certain milestones like 20 found, 40 found etc the player recieves a reward cache of some kind. This way you encourage and reward the whole playerbase and garner some good will.
    • Does the team regret not informing the live community the day the balance changes were announced on 24th April that Live playerbase would not be getting access to the PTS until some undesclosed time in the future?
    • When is the first of the 3 major updates Amary stated last live stream coming to live? We are now 5 months into the year and one would assume the first one must be imminent.
    • Will the fragment boxes bought from rep vendors be purchasable with raid T1 currency or world currency in the near future to help alleviate difficulty in aquiring fragments and to help with the glut of currencies.
    • Would the team consider adding small amounts of T2 currency and T1 currency to expert/warfront dailies as in previous expansions?
    • Will the cost of fragments be reduced again in the near future?
    • Will intel be added to boss drops for all raids T1 and T2 in the near future and not just LFR.
    • Will the daily login Calander for Live be updated in the near future. Certain days reward old expansion currencies of upgrade components that have little relevance.
    • Will crafting be recieving any updates in the near future. Will the crafted ranged and helm upgrade paths be squished to help new players.
    • Will the Guard tooltip be fixed to show the actual values for T1/T2. It currenctly only shows LFR correctly.

I might add more as I think of them.
    Last edited by Balidin; 05-03-2018 at 01:43 PM.

Rift Disciple

Hi Brasse,

Is it possible the Devs will look at improving the reward for completion of expert dungeons on prime? The idea would be to give players who no longer need experts an incentive to run them. This would prevent the "Looking for Dungeon" tool from stagnating and making it difficult for players who still need to run the experts. Currently, each expert dungeon charge grants 75 void stones which is not very substantial. I know in the past Rift has always granted raid marks for completing expert dungeons through every tier. For example, they could grant 5 Tier 1 raid marks per expert dungeon charge?

Thanks!

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

You had these questions saved up, didn't you, Balidin? =)

I'll answer the first three here:

The Silver Tier Loyalty is incredibly high value. We simply cannot give out a lot of them.
    Everyone who finishes the achievement at ANY time, forevermore, will gain the title, "The Confounded."
    I am writing a more thorough blog covering Challenge III for Monday, including detail on the Twisted and Crafting Rift portions.

Of course we regret not having posted the info about the two PTS services not being able to run concurrently, in advance of the release of Omega. That seems like an odd question - ANY time we do not give complete information on an important matter, it is a cause for regret and call to review more thoroughly in future.

I have seen Amary's noteboard and I see the updates she mentioned. We are not ready to talk about dates for them just yet, unless Archonix decides to spill the beans. As the highest ranking Dev on the team, he certainly has that right. =)

The rest of the questions are now on my list - thank you!
    Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 05-03-2018 at 01:58 PM.

love the planar plucker - could we possibly see in future an item that we can add harvesting or mining to a mount we already have ? like the amphibious mount training....just a thought to have an item like that in the rift store. id sure buy it for every one of my favorite mounts.

When will we see more if not full attention turned back to live which was the intended goal after prime initially launched? I know a lot has happened since then and problems arose that you didn't account for, but we've gone on for several weeks with nothing significant in terms of content and balance updates for live. An estimated timeline of when we can expect specific live updates would be in everyone's best interest even if it's not 100% set in stone.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Telaran

''We're working hard toward our May 16th update''

Is this you confirming that GSB is delayed till the 16th now?

Also will we ever get an answer as to why the loot system was changed seemingly on a whim without community feedback being taken into consideration mid expansion and right before the first 20 man instance?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalell0 View Post
    love the planar plucker - could we possibly see in future an item that we can add harvesting or mining to a mount we already have ? like the amphibious mount training....just a thought to have an item like that in the rift store. id sure buy it for every one of my favorite mounts.
    Numerous live streams ago, a mount such as this was mentioned by Dead Simon. Perhaps we'll hear more about the elusive Planar Poker soon.

*ahem* My questions:
    1. What is the overall "Vision" for Rift? I know that's vague, but what kind of systems and content is Rift seeking to emphasize over the coming year? I felt that the Rift On announcement was a bit, for lack of a better term, scattered, and only really had focus on Prime.
    2. Live is going on 10 months without any new non-raid PvE content. Is there anything new in the pipeline to appeal to this crowd? Info on this would be awesome.
    3. For the level 70 version of Greenscale's Blight, has the 2.1 billion HP limit for mobs been, or going to be, addressed?
    4. Planar Fragments... we were teased that a rework is on it's way, and we've heard such mumblings throughout the summer of 2017. What can we expect, when can we expect it?
    5. How long are you planning to have Greenscale's Blight run for on Prime before opening up T2?
    6. Some testing on live suggests that River of Souls is set up to be a T2 raid on Prime. Will this be the case?
    7. Any chance that the Per level XP modifications can be relaxed on Prime?
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Telaran

Regarding PTS/balance stuff my thoughts/questions are here. Anything from there is something I'd like to ask the devs.

Outside of that just a few more specific questions:
    Are there any plans to adjust tuning of damage/mechanics on slivers?
    What is the tuning expected to be for GSB?
    Same level of gear as slivers are currently or would we be expected to be already raid geared?

Mostly I'm concerned with the fact that these aren't supposed to be that far removed from expert gear, and we just made expert gear harder to acquire. As it's currently tuned I think it would be quite a struggle to do slivers in expert gear. Hopefully we can get a group of people to do some 10mans on the PTS and give feedback on what it's like with PTS expert gear.
    Last edited by ironstrix; 05-03-2018 at 02:45 PM.
    Strix @Vigil

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    You had these questions saved up, didn't you, Balidin? =)

I'll answer the first three here:

The Silver Tier Loyalty is incredibly high value. We simply cannot give out a lot of them.
    Thanks for the quick immediate responses to some of my questions. I appreciate it.

Yes I do have a lot saved up. I care a lot about Rift and I hope I can provide some helpful suggestions.

With regards to the silver loyalty I totally agree. I would suggest not giving them at all and focus on small rewards for all members of the community that either complete the task or reach certain milestones. I prefer all having a bit of nice reward than a handfull get a crazy one.
    Last edited by Balidin; 05-03-2018 at 03:02 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    1. Planar Fragments... we were teased that a rework is on it's way, and we've heard such mumblings throughout the summer of 2017. What can we expect, when can we expect it?
    This, hopefully, will be their next step after a major balance (and of course they keep minor tweaking going as needed)

My question is "Will we see an update to the Patron Monthly Sparkles quest anytime soon?"

Suggested rewards:
    1. * BoS Gear
      * Intel caches
      * Legion Datagrams
      * T2 Jewelry
      * Storm Cells

Doesn't have to contain all of that or even just those things.

Questions for Live servers :
    1.Any chance for the promotional events come back ? Many people including me haven't get their mounts for just a few tokens.
    2.You hinted about a new zone on previous livestream. Will be on the comet ?
    3.Give us some hints for what is coming to Live servers and briefly when will be the next major update ?
    4. Are you planning to add more levels in Planar Attunement ?
    5.Will you add more chronicles in game ?
    6.When is IGSB coming ?
    Last edited by simpa1988; 05-03-2018 at 04:04 PM.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13

Quote Originally Posted by Yolodisco View Post
    ''We're working hard toward our May 16th update''

Is this you confirming that GSB is delayed till the 16th now?

Also will we ever get an answer as to why the loot system was changed seemingly on a whim without community feedback being taken into consideration mid expansion and right before the first 20 man instance?
    Greenscale is still scheduled for May 9th.

The loot system was changed based on game design considerations; I'll add it to the questions. If you have feedback on the system, that is being collected as well, in other threads.

Brasse

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Great questions folks, thanks for getting on them so fast.

Non-constructive comments will continue to be deleted. The devs care deeply about both Live and Prime. We'll happily talk about both on the stream. =)

Balidin, the Silver loyalty giveaway is meant to make the launch of a new challenge on Live a special one, a competitive race. Some will love it, others will take their time for the achievement alone (like me, I am not a racing type, though I don't begrudge those who are more driven). The odds for all those who are in the /random for completing it at any time during the event timeframe are WAY better than the average lottery - this is a challenging event!

In fact, even DeadSimon is worried that folks may not complete it at all... in which case, prizes will be awarded to those with the most at the end, hehe.
    Brasse

Rift Master

As for the seeker challenge will there be anything more than a title. I have never used a title in seven years of playing, I just do not care for all the extra around my name.

Will there be an item for those who put so much time into this? Like a pet or dim item?

I am with simpa, bring back our weekly promo events!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast