Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree34Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTstream 05/04: Dev Roundup

Soulwalker

Is there a chance we can get at least a 3rd character slot on Prime? I really only play Prime and it sucks that I have to choose what classes I can't play. :/

So I see the wings and that there will be a version of them as a mount now that Prime gets for the seeker event, will Live actually get these items at some point or are these the screw you Live rewards you mentioned would make Prime so much tastier for the Live players to come farm in hopes of transffering to Live later?

I'm very happy with y'all listening re: pet skins, but with the changes to Beastmaster's pets, will we be able to get skins for the Wyvern, including any skins that were/are applicable to all pets? Like the hellbugs, the skeletal budgie, etc.

Will we get any dim contests, challenges, events on Prime? i know it seems a bit counterproductive but I've had fun working with the limitations it provides.
    Faeblight - Kalemne / Iurzule / Chiumali / Belowski // Vigil - Macaroni / Clefable
    elsewhere - Infinipede, Okiee
    I achievement hunt, have an interest in RP & lore, and I'm a baby dimmer (currently working on a tribute to Neil Breen)

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    So I see the wings and that there will be a version of them as a mount now that Prime gets for the seeker event, will Live actually get these items at some point or are these the screw you Live rewards you mentioned would make Prime so much tastier for the Live players to come farm in hopes of transffering to Live later?
    The blog post states those winners 'will be the FIRST to obtain those items, MONTHS before the general release'.

I'd translate that as they'll launch with Autumn Harvest for everyone on live and prime. For live I'd assume 1,000 credits for the wardrobe and (hopefully) 2,500 credits direct sale for the mount or (hopefully not) a lockbox mount. I'm not sure if they'll monetize them on prime or not, as they are fluff. Maybe both in game and prime credit options.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

King of Slackers

Posting for a forum banned person:

Are you planning to give free month of subscription to players, specially the ones who waited GSB so much but either quit game or do not want to renew because what happend on last 2 months? This surely will revive the population a bit.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

I thought of a planar plucker related question: What's the reason behind making 2 separate mounts in order to forage and mine separately? Why not allow one mount to just do both since most people tend to have all gathering and tradeskills on one character only and farm all 3 (including skinning/butchering)?

There's no denying that on the raiding level, the playerbase has taken the biggest hit I've ever seen since i've been playing for these 7 years. Crafting materials that you need for the crafted range and helms are becoming increasingly scarce or at least more expensive as there's little competition for selling them and that hit is needed to get into raids which makes gearing alt that much more frustrating. Will neck, helm and ranged (raiding or otherwise) alternatives to put in, in the future?

Will there be any HP nerfs to Bastion of Steel? Again, due to the lack of balance and overall state of the game, recruitment is hard for just about every guild and the lack of balance pigeon holes people into playing a lot of limiting specs which makes killing some of those bosses (specifically commander) a lot harder. If we're going to be getting IGSB in another month (or less) then I do think it's time to start hitting it with some nerfs to get the people who are left a better opportunity into IGSB.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 05-04-2018 at 12:52 AM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Will Bastion of Steel dropped items require 2 Storm Cells as the store bought gear does? Why is it easier to upgrade store items? Will it continue to be like this in Interpid GSB, i.e. that store bought items are better than raid drops because you at least have a chance to upgrade those?

Are there any plans on a new eternal weapon upgrade come IGSB?

Any ETA on when IGSB will be released on live?

Any new raids in the planning?

The balance changes seem to mostly be targeted on warriors at the moment (many changes seem to be tooltip changes or changes to nondps souls). Will other classes be more balanced later on (or is the intention that primalist Will have superior ST dps compared to all other callings)?

The overall balancing with the stacking of buffs. Will it be a dps buff or nerf on live?
    Last edited by Cenderze; 05-04-2018 at 07:18 AM.
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (3/3 BoS)

Rift Disciple

***Dead Simon has nothing to worry about, i have a feeling people will complete the Seeker's challenge in less than half the slated time!***

Questions:

1. It's nice to see the balance changes for Prime on the PTS servers for player testing. Which (if any) of these changes are going to be applied to the Live servers as well?

2. You just released a new warfront on the Live servers. That's cool and all, but I've had the best PVP gear on 2 of my characters for well over a year now, and I need something to work towards. Any plans on releasing a new tier of PVP gear?

3. There's alot of talk about how several of the bosses in DH and GP are 'dummy targets', since they don't require much in terms of healing or following mechanics. I like parsing on dummies as much as the next player... but was the damage dealt by bosses (and boss adds) adjusted to account for players increased health? Like.. are we going to go thru GSB needing only one healer?

LIVE: Can you add the winter cape from the event to the store? It's such a HUGE difference between all other capes, those that came back after the event are really at a disadvantage. The only other cape we can "live with" is the one from TD normal, but no one ever has a reason to run it since nothing drops from there anyone needs.

Also TD normal since it has nothing anyone ever needs and never gets ran, how about adding a high storm cell drop chance or something to Malannon since people seem to struggle with it and it will motivate teams to run TD normal.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Great questions folks, thanks for getting on them so fast.

Non-constructive comments will continue to be deleted. The devs care deeply about both Live and Prime. We'll happily talk about both on the stream. =)

Balidin, the Silver loyalty giveaway is meant to make the launch of a new challenge on Live a special one, a competitive race. Some will love it, others will take their time for the achievement alone (like me, I am not a racing type, though I don't begrudge those who are more driven). The odds for all those who are in the /random for completing it at any time during the event timeframe are WAY better than the average lottery - this is a challenging event!

In fact, even DeadSimon is worried that folks may not complete it at all... in which case, prizes will be awarded to those with the most at the end, hehe.
    Brasse
    Question - Will we be getting synergy crystals for those of us who get no set bonus unlike almost everyone else? IE. Runeshaper, Oracle, Mystic Archer and anyone else that doesn't have a synergy crystal? Even if it is just a general +Mainstat boost on all levels it would be better than nothing.
    Please come join our community

Click Here <O└d Skool>Click Here

General of Telara

A further extra few:
    • Will the Mayhem Events be making a comback. These events epitimise the old school appeal of Rift but encouraging players to all run around together. The fun rewards from completing events was also cool.
    • Has the team ever thought of updating the dungeon accessed by obtaining items from Bloodfire Behemoth Events. This was a great feature that could add some fun content to the game with perhaps minimal work as it already exists in game be it for a lower level.
    • Are Master Mode dungeons or similar going to make a comeback in any form. These are fun in other mmos and were fun when they existed in Rift.
    • There was a rumour a while back about perhaps a Conquest revamp coming to Live. Is there any truth to this.
    • Are there any additional changes coming to the PTS for other souls in this first balance pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    A further extra few:
    • Will the Mayhem Events be making a comback. These events epitimise the old school appeal of Rift but encouraging players to all run around together. The fun rewards from completing events was also cool.
    • Has the team ever thought of updating the dungeon accessed by obtaining items from Bloodfire Behemoth Events. This was a great feature that could add some fun content to the game with perhaps minimal work as it already exists in game be it for a lower level.
    • Are Master Mode dungeons or similar going to make a comeback in any form. These are fun in other mmos and were fun when they existed in Rift.
    • There was a rumour a while back about perhaps a Conquest revamp coming to Live. Is there any truth to this.
    • Are there any additional changes coming to the PTS for other souls in this first balance pass.
    +1 to all of the questions above and in the other posts that have been sent, I have a couple to add if that is okay?

1. As many of the live players have silver tier loyalty already, are there plans fora "mini" tier expansion of some sort...or are you planning on moving forward to a "diamond/platinum etc tier?

2. In a related manner, are there plans to add further planar attunement levels to enhance the player experience at high level, perhaps you could add some buffs to getting maybe +1 to a drop bonus for crafting mats or something along those lines...perhaps a crafting planar attunement tier much akin to the PVP tier we had?

3. Are there any plans to even hint at an expansion - this may go a long way in terms of retaining both Live and Prime account holders a bit longer?

$. Patrons...Still think that you are not quite getting the balance right for patrons so is there anything you can do here to help entice more people to become patrons...some have suggested in the past a small amount of credits be rewarded back per month but perhaps you could reward something else beyond what is already done...maybe a multiple choice option once per month of currency/mats/plat or something?

5. I wont repeat some of the things you are already looking at around balance and testing but one thing occurs to me is the risk of people treating Live as a test server (and I suspect this may already be happening)....this may reduce the quality of life for those players who don't want to start all over again.

6. Events...some people have asked for specific events to happen, can I suggest that if you can get some of these working again on Prime that you make it a focus to try and re-enable some of them on Live...I for one would love to see Grim Awakening on Live again...it was absolutley amazing first time round.

7. Events part 2 - can we get some new ones too on both Live and then on Prime once it catches up - this will help to keep the community fresh?

8. Content - has been mentioned already in broader terms but I wanted to ask two things here - a) what are the plans for content beyond summer 2018 for the end game players
    b) what are the plans for content beyond summer for lower level players - can these be harmonised or should we expect to wait until 2019 for any new "Zones" or "mini zones"?

Thanks for reading!

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #28
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    They are definitely coming to LIVE. They look rather suited for Halloween, don't you think? =)

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    They are definitely coming to LIVE. They look rather suited for Halloween, don't you think? =)
    But... if they're ready enough to be given away as exclusive prime gifts then why tease everyone else for another 5 months? :*(
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 05-04-2018 at 09:53 AM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #30
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

OK folks, that's a TON of questions. Hope we can get to most of them!
    Closing the thread now, with my thanks.
    Brasse

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2