+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Salvatrix
  • 1 Post By omgitslos

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: Testing new LFR functionality

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default OFFICIAL: Testing new LFR functionality

FEEDBACK REQUESTED!

This is an important but tentative change to how LFR works, and we want to know how it works for you. If it is deemed to be useful, great. If you have concerns, please let us know in this thread!

While inside of LFR you now have the option of queuing again for the same instance if you would like to restart it, or you may queue for another with your current group rather than having to leave (which results in the “deserter” tag).

Queuing as a full group in this method will not put you in a queue, but rather will treat you as a premade since you are a full group, and will teleport you directly into the instance.

This process comes with two caveats:
    1. If your group is currently looking for a member and the search was initiated automatically by the LFR system, you will be unable to queue for the same instance until your group fills, but you may queue for a different one. Once your group fills, you can queue for any instance again.
    2. If you join a raid via LFR, you cannot be in more than one queue. For example, if you join Drowned Halls and somebody drops group as in the example above, the system will re-queue you for Drowned Halls. You may not queue for Gilded Prophecy at the same time, as this will remove you from the Drowned Halls queue.

Do people actually use LFR without being in a pre-made on Prime? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but it was already possible to requeue if you were in a pre-made. People have been doing this to farm the first few bosses in GP and DH without leaving the instance.

Perhaps this is a live-oriented change or I am severely underestimating how many queue as a PUG for LFR on Prime.

Edit: Reread and it seems that this is targeted towards successful pug groups that would like to keep requeuing with other. The changes allow them to essentially go from pug to pre-made without having to drop group or any other shenanigans. Seems like a nice QoL change but I don't think this is happening at all on Prime so it must be more for Live where the LFR raids are much easier to clear at current Live gear levels.
    Last edited by Scourge; 05-02-2018 at 12:06 PM.
    Focus@Vigil | 50 Mage
    Prime Mage Guide | Twitch.tv

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

You would be greatly mistaken about how often LFR gets used on Prime, by non-Premades.

This change is coming directly out of Prime play experiences.

I totally supported the last minute change to put the Slivers into LFR (nd volunteered to do a ton of extra work over a weekend to back up my mouth on my support), but even I have been shocked at just how much usage LFR has seen for non-premades.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

I guess with how often LFM is advertised in 50 chat, I never found a reason to use LFR as a grouping tool.

Also surprised that this pug-to-premade feature was requested enough to be developed. I think it's a positive inclusion, I'm simply surprised since I have heard exactly zero people say they have ever used LFR as an actual grouping tool on Prime.

Now if you guys could just make it so people can enter/exit the instance when queueing as a premade, that would be awesome ;) . Logging out and then in to port people into the instance is going to become especially annoying in 20 mans where the potential for member turnover/replacement is much higher.

Keep up the good work
    Last edited by Scourge; 05-02-2018 at 01:44 PM.
    Focus@Vigil | 50 Mage
    Prime Mage Guide | Twitch.tv

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Now if you guys could just make it so people can enter/exit the instance when queueing as a premade, that would be awesome ;) . Logging out and then in to port people into the instance is going to become especially annoying in 20 mans where the potential for member turnover/replacement is much higher.
    Yeah that's sadly a much more complicated issue :-(. Without getting into a ton of technicals (i mean...i guess if people really want me to I can, but I doubt it), there's reason it was implemented that way and then the ability to queue as a premade and not be an "lfr raid" was implemented later.
    Previously known as SupermanSocks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Do people actually use LFR without being in a pre-made on Prime? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but it was already possible to requeue if you were in a pre-made. People have been doing this to farm the first few bosses in GP and DH without leaving the instance.

Perhaps this is a live-oriented change or I am severely underestimating how many queue as a PUG for LFR on Prime.

Edit: Reread and it seems that this is targeted towards successful pug groups that would like to keep requeuing with other. The changes allow them to essentially go from pug to pre-made without having to drop group or any other shenanigans. Seems like a nice QoL change but I don't think this is happening at all on Prime so it must be more for Live where the LFR raids are much easier to clear at current Live gear levels.
    Personally, I’m in queue for hours before getting a LFR pop. :< with how balance/tuning is atm, there is no reason to use it. Unless you plan on really just cheesing the first boss in GP/DH.
    Hold fast and we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side

Rift Disciple

Just add tooltip / text which explains behavior without double understanding of it. Many part of game miss it actually.

+ Reply to Thread