+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By Challengere
  • 4 Post By McChaffe
  • 1 Post By Challengere
  • 1 Post By Holyroller12
  • 1 Post By bctrainers

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Prime Store Update: Aurora & More!

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Prime Store Update: Aurora & More!

RIFT Prime Store update!

We have some lovely new offerings for citizens of Vigil! On April 25th, you'll be able to collect lovely new-to-you mounts, companion pets and costumes! All are available for credits on the RIFT in-game store.

MOUNTS:

Aurora, regal and stunning in every shofting shades of blue, will increase your speed by 60%, and will scale up if you acquire faster mounts over time. Aurora was first made available on Live through the Carnival of the Ascended, and she has now made her way to Vigil!

We know many of you have enjoyed your Armored White Tiger, but who doesn't love to switch things up now and then? Let's take a ride on the dark side with the Armored Black Tiger. It's ebon hues are perfect for formal occasions or for sneaking up on your enemies at night. He offers 60% speed boost, or will match the level of your fastest mount.

COMPANION PETS:

It's raining cats and dogs - here, take one of each!

Corpus Kitty - everyone's favorite undead cat. Clearly she wasn't ready to leave this plane after her seven lives were used up! A perfect companion for practitioners of dark arts, or those who just want something a little less ordinary.

Kirby - you've seen him lounging magnificently on our livestreams, and now you can help Kirby get the exercise he so desperately needs!

COSTUMES:

A change of costume may make all the difference. Don the Centurion's Bundle or Sanctuary Guard's Bundle and shine in any circumstance! Completely stain-proof, these outfits will not be ruined after a long night's hunting foray or drunken adventure through the dankest dungeons!
    CM Morgana ~ Community Coordinator ~
    Avatar art is courtesy of Allie Brosh!

no chance I will waste any credits on that garbage, give me alsbeth, usukhel, storm queen, great hounds, lifters, arclights, drakes. no reason why Prime cannot have goodies to generate profit for Trion, I buy this stuff all over Live as a silver tier investor, take notes Trion we WANT to spend money if you give us worthy purchases to make

Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana View Post
    COSTUMES:

A change of costume may make all the difference. Don the Centurion's Bundle or Sanctuary Guard's Bundle and shine in any circumstance! Completely stain-proof, these outfits will not be ruined after a long night's hunting foray or drunken adventure through the dankest dungeons!
    >buying items that are literally veteran rewards on live

Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

RIFT ON REDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    >buying items that are literally veteran rewards on live

yeah no kidding what a slap in the face, here waste credits on these for us pls, no wonder Trion needs Prime to keep it afloat with marketting strategies like they have demonstrated

aurora mount for Prime...

wasn't that one available during LIVE carnival....

hate to say it, but looks like Trion had more reasons to not let carnival arrive on Prime than just a dead dragon...

as for the plucker on live.. that's not a mount, that's a tractor.. if that goes for a mount, I want a porsche for 200+ speed

as for the positive thinking/good advice.. sell mount skins
    can sell those on both live and prime.. the old skins at lower price than aurora for prime, some decent ones for live, so we can cover up the looks we don't like if we still want to use the functionality of the mount
    Last edited by Aranka; 04-26-2018 at 07:05 AM.

Plane Touched

Default Aurora is to expensive

I have the "new" mounts and costumes on live server and they were not so expensive! Aurora had cost 3 dubloones (ingame currency)/900 credits. The 3500 credits now are overpriced. Why one should buy something like this, if one can buy it later (after transfered to live) for ingame currency? The costumes will be in my wardrobe, as soon as my "Prime" toon join my "Live" toons.
    You should offer known Items for ingame currency. Because these "double" purchases are not reasonable. We get no credit notes about double costume purchases later.

PS: I wrote this twice because I was in the wrong forum. I wrote it also mistakenly in the live forum thread.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Thought this server would be vastly credit-free and sub based.

I understand offering some things like character customisation, pets and general services for credits... but you're inching things into this server that yet again, go the wrong way to what a subscription server is... a subscription server.
    --BC

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post

I understand offering some things like character customisation, pets and general services for credits... but you're inching things into this server that yet again, go the wrong way to what a subscription server is... a subscription server.
    The store is something they have put a significant amount of time and resources into so it's almost guaranteed to always be in game in one way, shape or form regardless. You also have to take into account that there are still a lot of people who aren't paying for their subs through direct purchases and are instead using plat to purchase credits with to do it. The store is always going to be there to help subsidize development and keeping the servers maintained.

For prime that means it will mostly be purely cosmetic with the exception of whatever few service items they place on there. Live is mostly convenience and service.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Looking at other sub-only model games I play (or used to play) (ie, WoW, FFXIV, etc) ..they sell mounts/pets, (as well as costume items) ..and still remain sub only.

I don't think auto-scale mounts detract from a game being sub based or not. (if they offered speed increases, sure but..they don't. And I'll be the first to admit I wish they did! lol )
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Ehh, I guess I'm old school when it comes to MMO's and working towards something, not an insta-get pay with money.
    --BC

Ehh, I guess I'm old school when it comes to MMO's and working towards something, not an insta-get pay with money.
    Maybe I'm not old school enough, lol. First played in 2007 (WoW) ...and my first purchase was a Collector's Edition with a pet (long before they sold mounts/pets directly via their store) so, I've only ever known games to have "extras" for purchase.

(and I reeeeeeally wish I could purchase a squirrel on Prime ..LOL...rng hates me)
    Last edited by Blythe; 04-27-2018 at 04:19 PM.
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread