+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Balidin
  • 1 Post By Iphigeneia
  • 1 Post By simpa1988
  • 1 Post By Maelya
  • 1 Post By TrionBrasse
  • 1 Post By Maelya

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Live Store Update: Aurora & More!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Live Store Update: Aurora & More!

The Planar Plucker was built from scavenged bits of Crucia's defeated army; our take on beating swords to ploughshares! This brand new mount model is ready to help you harvest plants and wood without dismounting!

RIFT Live store update!

If you do any harvesting at all, you know the drill; run to a node, dismount, harvest, remount, run to the next node. Hop off, dig, hop on, run, hop off, dig, hop on... it is time-wasting, achy-breaky work! Stoop no more!

Ride high and reap well with the brand new Planar Plucker! This beauty comes with a lifetime warranty. You'll never have to take it in for servicing, and thanks to Crucia's stunning no-waste fuel cells, the Plucker is entirely energy efficient!* By the way, no need to mention to her that we made off with the tech. That might not end well.

These are rare and highly sought-after mounts, and like the Greenata, is available for direct sale on the store! They go on sale April 25th, for a limited time. The Planar Plucker is available only on RIFT Live; Prime folks don't even know who Crucia IS yet. They'll find out soon enough...

We're also bringing back the White Squirrel Mount for direct sale! As much as we all love squirrels, they have not managed the leap to Prime yet, so they will be offered on our Live service only!

Many of you have asked for combat pet skins to come back, and in honor of Defiance 2050's Beta weekends, we're bringing back the Hellbug combat pet skin bundles! A different hellbug skin for Druids, Necromancers, Rogues and Warriors! Snap them up fast! Available on the RIFT store on our Live service only!
    CM Morgana ~ Community Coordinator ~
    Avatar art is courtesy of Allie Brosh!

mind selling us more pet skins on Prime where all the players who want to spent credits are atm?

this is a joke with so few people on Live atm and enough cash spending players on Prime to line your pockets

General of Telara

Thumbs up

Spending time on store promotions instead of working on content for the Live game feels bad.
    Last edited by Balidin; 04-25-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana View Post
    As much as we all love squirrels, they have not managed the leap to Prime yet
    They haven't? But then how do so many people on Prime have squirrel mounts?
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Thats how we want the new mounts! Direct purchase!
    Appreciated that both carnival mount and this is for direct purchase!
    Btw its awesome you can gather without dismount

Soulwalker

Default Dismounted when mining

Every single time I mine a Bolidium node, I get dismounted from the Planar Plucker. Foraging nodes aren't causing this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    mind selling us more pet skins on Prime where all the players who want to spent credits are atm?

this is a joke with so few people on Live atm and enough cash spending players on Prime to line your pockets
    Enjoy it while you can - you will be sorely disappointed when Prime finishes and they try to sell Live to the incoming Prime players.

Plane Touched

Default Aurora is to expensive

Edit: This should in the other thread "Prime Store Update: Aurora & More!" This post here can be deleted because I wrote it also in the right thread, sry.

I have the "new" mounts and costumes on live server and they were not so expensive! Aurora had cost 3 dubloones (ingame currency)/900 credits. The 3500 credits now are overpriced. Why one should buy something like this, if one can buy it later (after transfered to live) for ingame currency? The costumes will be in my wardrobe, as soon as my "Prime" toon join my "Live" toons.
    You should offer known Items for ingame currency. Because these "double" purchases are not reasonable. We get no credit notes about double costume purchases later.
    Last edited by Maelya; 04-26-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    Spending time on store promotions instead of working on content for the Live game feels bad.
    To be fair, most of this is pre-existing stuff that they're reactivating old promotions. The new gathering mount was datamined months ago as well and it was already finished, but they're just now introducing it.

Same goes for prime mounts.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    Because those that produce game content and store promotions are the same, and thus doing one takes away time for the other?

Not very likely.

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DP Zmaj View Post
    Every single time I mine a Bolidium node, I get dismounted from the Planar Plucker. Foraging nodes aren't causing this issue.
    The Planar Plucker is designed to harvest plants and wood without dismounting. It is not a mining tool.

Other notes: the folks who code items to go on the store are NOT the same Devs that create content, adjust balance, etc. This takes zero time away from those tasks.

Squirrels - yes, it is true that some wild squirrels have been caught on Prime, but we haven't had any proper export shipments of Squirrels from Live yet. =P

While some RIFT Live veterans already have these mounts on Live, keep in mind that many returning players do not.
    Likewise, while some folks have been lucky with mount drops from various bosses, others of us have not! This Dwarf, for instance.
    Again, these are totally OPTIONAL purchases. Don't see what you like on the store? Hang about and we'll add more stuff over time.
    ;-)#
    Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 04-26-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Rift Master

I'd like to provide some feedback on pricing.

It feels incredibly awkward to see a purchase price for a mount of 3500 credits (regardless of how common it is on Live) when you can purchase 3250 credits for 19.99. This price point really feels designed to force a player to overspend for credits. You would have to purchase two separate credit packs, or a massively overlarge amount of credits in a larger price pack, just to purchase one mount if that was all you wanted.

Might it be possible to rethink credit costs by recalling the prices of credit packages?
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    While some RIFT Live veterans already have these mounts on Live, keep in mind that many returning players do not.
    Likewise, while some folks have been lucky with mount drops from various bosses, others of us have not! This Dwarf, for instance.
    Again, these are totally OPTIONAL purchases. Don't see what you like on the store? Hang about and we'll add more stuff over time.
    ;-)#
    Brasse
    Now, where you mentioned the problem with "bad luck" and "Item not received": Please bring back the Earth Day package or offer soulbound duplicates for the people who had already bought it. I had lost my cute dimensions animals because of a bug and could never restore them.
    Here is my story: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-one-move.html

My only hope was that you offer once again such a package, so that I can buy it to myself once more. But we already had the Earth Day (22. 04. 2018) and, unfortunately, nothing was offered again.

+ Reply to Thread