+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By TrionBrasse
  • 1 Post By Seshatar

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The Path Ahead: Spring Edition!

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default The Path Ahead: Spring Edition!

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Yay !!

Mage Frostkeeper: The threat generated from Earthen Rapport has been reduced.
    Boo!!

Mage Frostkeeper: Healing procced by Earthen Barrier has been reduced. Boop!
    I don't quack

Mage Frostkeeper: Players and pets can now only have 1 stack of a Frostkeeper barrier on them at a time.
    I'm hoping the T2s are as good and as challenging as i remember them as.

Copied from another thread, but fitting here too:

There was also no new content mentioned for live, only summerfest was mentioned. No word about iGSB or any other upcoming content. All we know is that Tenebrean Prison warfront and iGSB (another rehashed raid) are coming. What else is awaiting us in the Celestial Lands? Any word about Toks2? An Ahnket themed uber sexy new raid? Making available more dungeons for end level? Updating the sparkle quest to T2 gear? Giving dungeons and warfronts an end game purpose again? Some 'real' chronicles? Expansion of the LFR tool?... and finally when we can expect the next major expansion? The usual update cycle would be this fall, but I'm sure it won't happen before prime closes. That's OK imo, IF we get other new content in the current expansion.

I chose to continue playing live instead of prime, because I don't want to play the old content again. So I hope we see more than intrepid raids/dungeons and the same 4 seasonal events...
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 550+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    Copied from another thread, but fitting here too:

There was also no new content mentioned for live, only summerfest was mentioned. No word about iGSB or any other upcoming content. All we know is that Tenebrean Prison warfront and iGSB (another rehashed raid) are coming. What else is awaiting us in the Celestial Lands? Any word about Toks2? An Ahnket themed uber sexy new raid? Making available more dungeons for end level? Updating the sparkle quest to T2 gear? Giving dungeons and warfronts an end game purpose again? Some 'real' chronicles? Expansion of the LFR tool?... and finally when we can expect the next major expansion? The usual update cycle would be this fall, but I'm sure it won't happen before prime closes. That's OK imo, IF we get other new content in the current expansion.

I chose to continue playing live instead of prime, because I don't want to play the old content again. So I hope we see more than intrepid raids/dungeons and the same 4 seasonal events...
    I was watching Lynxaria's stream like 2 days ago because on news mentioned akaFayme was going to be hosted as streamer but apperantly link was actually sending to her stream then I saw a guy asking what you think about upcoming expansion to her like was total bait and mobi reply wait what expansion? I think you can find it on her stream history and even she told mobi on chat apperantly there is an expansion even you guys don't know. So while they don't have any future expansion plans which supposedly coming around after 2 years of their current one if they follow same way, with the lack of content and focus on live for current expansion, It's making live in a seriously worrying situation.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets: some tweaks, XP Bars fixed
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Thanks for the update.
    Its nice to see some class balances at least.
    But again all you talk about is what is coming to Prime. Nothing for Live servers except the usual summerfest the coming months ? How ppl will keep playing the game ?
    We need new content
    No word for the IGSB .
    Any new zone coming ? New story quests ? Twisted artifacts in the comet ??
    Its seems like Live is just getting some fluff items at world events anymore and thats all

Please answer some of the question that playerbase of Live asking weeks now (not say months)
    Last edited by simpa1988; 04-11-2018 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    Thanks for the update.
    Its nice to see some class balances at least.
    But again all you talk about is what is coming to Prime. Nothing for Live servers except the usual summerfest the coming months ? How ppl will keep playing the game ?
    We need new content
    No word for the IGSB .
    Any new zone coming ? New story quests ? Twisted artifacts in the comet ??
    Its seems like Live is just getting some fluff items at world events anymore and thats all

Please answer some of the question that playerbase of Live asking weeks now (not say months)
    My impressions based on Trion words and non-words until further notice:
    -IGSB is not April but May, after Prime gets GSB.
    -As well, if patch is coming May, Droughtlands and Moonshade IAs coming.
    -Summerfest is happening, of course.
    -No news on expansion, so I'm prepared to hear we'll have to wait until early or even late 2019 for it.
    -No news on other updates, but I expect to hear about it May-June how they will continue to develop POA T2 and into T3 status.
    -Something about this year relatively focusing more on PvP. This could mean a warfront (but I don't expect a 2nd one unless they reuse an area, which is possible as they've done it before), or the speculated revamp to Conquest, or something else. It hopefully means a year of the much desired rebalancing, but done over time.

So basically, whether a player likes it or not, I'll go with this year being a mix of more spread out PvE development, more PvP development than usual, and Prime (and maybe lighter expansion development), instead of less spread out PvE development and releasing an expansion. Its hard for me to imagine them abandoning multi-zone, multi-instance, etc expansions, but they gotta realize that SFP did NOT work out with so little initial (and in a way, still little) endgame, so they should polish and add to what they have and set expansion development and release for the appropriate time.

Or maybe I'm wrong and RIFT 5.0 Fall 2018 bay-beee!

EDIT: Oh and yes, Twisted Artifacts Summer-Fall 2018, hopefully anything of questing (hub? saga? mini-zone? zone?) to attract people in meantime. It just feels like early, to mid, 2018, was outright mostly set aside for Prime release and start.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 04-11-2018 at 11:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread