+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTstream 03/16: new PvP Warfront = TENEBREAN PRISON

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default RIFTstream 03/16: new PvP Warfront = TENEBREAN PRISON

RIFT:Live has a new PvP Warfront for you: TENEBREAN PRISON

Lock it up, lock it down!

Join us this Friday on the livestream for a look at the Tenebrean Prison, a hard-edged level 70 Warfront fresh off the presses.
    This Warfront is for Live servers only at this time, as Prime is capped at level 50.

Well also show off the new 2018 Carnival items, and offer any tidbits from the Dev side that may be of interest.
    See you there!

RIFT LIVESTREAM
    https://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

11:30 AM PDT every Friday! (18:30 UTC)

Come on guys, you could have at least picked a better blood splatter from google images.

I've seen this one in too many terrible indie games.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

RIFT ON REDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/

General of Telara

Will the team be talking about Balance changes and PvP updates to go with the Warfront? Otherwise this will quite possibly be dead on arrival.

Now that people are starting to get a little higher on Prime (with some reaching the cap), they're starting to see the obvious lack of balance that carries over from live since the souls are copies. Warriors sound like they'll be about as much dead weight as they are on live (outside of chantcheesing) if not more since that won't really be a thing on Prime until they get to SFP. When are we going to see balance changes come? I'm sure you get tired of hearing the question and we certainly get tired of asking, but at this point it's thee most needed change the game needs and if it dosn't come soon then you'll likely see another mass exodus at least of what's left of live.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Just a note for the rest of us watching from Europe, this week and next week the Stream will be one hour earlier as most of North America has gone into Daylight Savings Time by moving their clocks forward but here in EU that doesn't happen until Sunday March the 25th.

So mark your clocks and don't be wondering why the graphics in Rift suddenly look a bit voxel.

Soulwalker

I will also beg for balance updates. Would be really great to hear something concrete and not just that multiple people are working on it. Rift is fun and I love my warrior, I just want to feel useful without warchanter cheesing. It would be great to see warchanter dps nerfed into oblivion.

Would love to see the return of reaver. A ranged soul that applies dots would be great considering all the target switching, movement, and hide mechanics in raids. But I'd take a mild bump to tempest to be more competitive.

ETA on zone event API support for Vigil?

Telaran

I understand why it takes 2.3 more times the experience to level once. (Because of changes to Live)

My question to that is: Why wasn't Prime quest XP tuned to be able to keep up with this enormous increase?

Why would there only be tiny, incremental changes to XP to combat this when it appears there is a titanic discrepancy?

I did not see anywhere on the Prime FAQ that this server would require heavy grinding.

I'll echo the sentiments that I'll be among the vast majority that will never set foot in that new WF until some vast sweeping class balance changes make their way into live.
    Last edited by Skiye; 03-16-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Soulwalker

I really hope that they will address the xp problem in the stream and tell us when they will up the xp. And no, a little bit like last time is not enough to have a smooth level experience.

All the advertising for Prime was very clear that this server would last around 1 year (maybe more) and we would progress through the patches and expansions from the past few years. So there was little to no hint that the xp gain would be like it is now. It would have been much more possible to be like the early rift or like rift live or even a faster leveling would have been totally possible because of the much shorter time that this server will have each expansion compared to live servers in the pasts.

How can you really think that people like mindless endless trashmob spam? And its not even like the old original rift. You never needed to grind like a mindless zombie to gain a level. It was a much much much more balanced game like it is now xp wise.

For me and I think Im not the only one that thinks the same. This livestream and the next patch are important for our future on prime or in Rift at all.

And this goes directly to Brasse. You were so vocal in this forum and ingame last days but now as more and more people come forward and say that they dont like this sort of forced grinding like an korean f2p grinder back in the day (even they evolved through the years). The last post regarding xp seems to be this one:http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...ml#post5343378

Now you are silent even though more people are demanding an increased amount of xp. You are going to loose a lot of casual gamer if you dont change it as fast as possible. And after more and more people reach the higher level and gave you exact numbers and point out very clear what it wrong the xp as they are now.

So the days were you were talking actively about xp monitoring are gone as it seems. And that speaks so much louder then every word you could have written till now in the past days regarding this topic.

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

XP for Prime is always under review. The Devs said so clearly on the stream, and also that they are using a scalpel, not hammer, approach.

We continue to collect both anectodal feedback and pure data - Dev will base all decisions on these factors, but I can't speak for them. =)
    Brasse

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    XP for Prime is always under review. The Devs said so clearly on the stream, and also that they are using a scalpel, not hammer, approach.

We continue to collect both anectodal feedback and pure data - Dev will base all decisions on these factors, but I can't speak for them. =)
    Brasse
    I really appreciate the feedback, but I think the question/request is different. Many of the people asking about XP are asking why, with 2.3 times increase in XP per level required, that there was no change to xp gained (other than the "nudge")?

We know they are reviewing, but we don't know the intention. Once we know the intention we can make a better decision as to whether we want to continue playing or not. Without this answer, many of those concerned do not see a purpose to sticking around as there won't be an answer, just nudges.

That was a great stream, thanks!

I like seeing different members of the team on, keeps things interesting.

Going to hop on Live a little too, since I've never done the Carnival of the Ascended - those items look fun!
    Especially that too-cute companion
    Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

I seen that you guys have a discord. I was wondering what the address is for it. You didn't list it under the youtube information from your stream. I'd like to check it out.

Edit- Nice job on all the really cool new stuff!!! Love the new Warfront.

Thanks
    Last edited by MissGreen; 03-16-2018 at 02:07 PM.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post

Brasse

So. A question.

You say the devs are taking a scalpel, not a hammer approach. Why, was that, exactly, not the stance from the start?

Because 2.3x global XP required to level increase is not, exactly, a "Scalpel" approach, while simultaneously removing any activity that allows the average player to get to end game before the next expansion is released?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast