+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PRIME: Perma XP Boost on rifts & more!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default PRIME: Perma XP Boost on rifts & more!

Hello!
    Dev has just boosted XP for invasions, rifts, footholds, collosi and zone events. Enjoy!
    (no downtime was needed)

We continue to review all the numbers on Prime... dev is online alongside you and we're looking at EVERYTHING. We absolutely welcome your feedback!

RIFT ON!
    ;-)#

How much of a boost we talking here? 1%, or 1,000,000% or somewhere inbetween?
    Last edited by Sayuu; 03-09-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Soulwalker

Fix the xp sharing nonsense, when you're doing a rift with a group of people and literally get 0 xp for each kill, it's not even worth showing up.

Soulwalker

i Agree getting 0 xp a kill is not fun, not to mention even when grouped with 1 person, on mobs that i normally get 200+ xp by my self i get 75 xp with 1 person in my group that is not even splitting the xp its penalizing you for being in a group

Quote Originally Posted by Twiggymc View Post
    i Agree getting 0 xp a kill is not fun, not to mention even when grouped with 1 person, on mobs that i normally get 200+ xp by my self i get 75 xp with 1 person in my group that is not even splitting the xp its penalizing you for being in a group
    Oooohh...I was wondering why killing mobs in rift groups was earning like..2 to 4 exp per kill, lol.

(completing the rift phases seems better now at least!)

ps- Fantastic the invasion/rift/event exp was fixed withOUT downtime! Go devs!
    Last edited by Blythe; 03-09-2018 at 07:59 PM.
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Varayen View Post
    Fix the xp sharing nonsense, when you're doing a rift with a group of people and literally get 0 xp for each kill, it's not even worth showing up.
    RIFT used to have a very group-incentive XP bonus when you were grouped with other people for open world content. Is this gone too?
    Sharing xp for something meant to be done in group is nonsense and counterproductive.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Ascendant

Since Rift Open Beta,
    Rift had a penalty system on exp gained and quest completion.
    Basically you get good exp up to party of 5, and you can complete a lot of quest this way as well.
    When you join a raid and did not personally tag almost all the quests will not grant credit.

On party under 5 your party will generally gain higher effective kill exp overall mowing things down than the 5 of you go on and solo the same zone.

Once the monster registered more than 5 "tags" the kill experiences enters a penalty and the amount of exp gained on kills are divided among all tags then the exp gained is again modified by your level.

From an old timer this exp sharing behavior is 100% intended, but I can see how people are upset about it nowadays.

The group-incentives are up to 5, as for the raids, each stages of rifts/event completion awarded exp which is not penalized by anything but modified by your level vs the content.

The point has always been people group up with friends or along and spread out in parties to fight the invasion parting up with the others you occasionally see, not hundreds of people zerging in a circle and get ez mode exps.

BUUUT that's a long time ago, I think Trion might as well just disable all exp penalties, and mobs and bosses killed should award full exp + bonus to each and every single player in that zone tagged or not, to ease up the leveling process.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 03-10-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Soulwalker

It's even happening in a group of two though, so what you're saying doesn't apply.

We are getting split exp at 2 people in a group, and experiencing a deficit of exp.

For example, I kill a mob on my own and get 200 xp

Kill the same mob with 1 other person, you both get between 75-90 exp.

It isn't rewarding an even split, and there's exp just disappearing, and it also just creates no incentive to play with other people.

1 person.. 200 xp
    2 in group.. 100 + bonus
    3 in group.. 70 + bonus.. doesn't really matter if somebody is with you in the group or not.

it may make a difference if the level difference between highest level player and lowest level is too big.. .

also, rested xp disappears fast.. out of town, first fight solo .. 450 xp, next fight some 350.. going down to 175 - 200 xp per kill if within 2 or 3 levels of the mob.

At least, that's what I see happening..

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Varayen View Post
    It's even happening in a group of two though, so what you're saying doesn't apply.

We are getting split exp at 2 people in a group, and experiencing a deficit of exp.

For example, I kill a mob on my own and get 200 xp

Kill the same mob with 1 other person, you both get between 75-90 exp.

It isn't rewarding an even split, and there's exp just disappearing, and it also just creates no incentive to play with other people.
    You are wrong,

It's only an even split if both of you are both at the same level.

I kill a mob I get 100exp, I go with my friend at same level and we killed the same mob, each of us got 62exp.

You will get a "total effective exp" boost anytime you are in a party up to party of 5 or less than 5 people have tagged the mob.

After 5 people, which is effectively raid tagging you will have a severe exp penalty on kills and mobs will no longer sustain that exp due to respawn timer and raids can zerg down mobs way too fast.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 03-11-2018 at 07:17 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    1 person.. 200 xp
    2 in group.. 100 + bonus
    3 in group.. 70 + bonus.. doesn't really matter if somebody is with you in the group or not.

it may make a difference if the level difference between highest level player and lowest level is too big.. .

also, rested xp disappears fast.. out of town, first fight solo .. 450 xp, next fight some 350.. going down to 175 - 200 xp per kill if within 2 or 3 levels of the mob.

At least, that's what I see happening..
    This is correct, duos or at most triplets is very efficient when it comes to general questing and carnage, 100 people zerging down a zone event or a rift will not magically give you mad exp boost.

the idea behind the xp share.

You kill stuff in a group, the stuff is killed faster, so you can do more in less time. hence you get less xp. the bigger the group, the lower the xp each player gets.

it seems to work like this..

Say the mobs xp value at level is 400.
    1 player solo gets 400
    2 players each get 300 400/2 + 1/2 x (400 -200). = 200 + 100
    3 players each get 220 400/3 + 1/3 x (400-130) = 130 + 90
    20 players each get 400/20 +1/20x (400-20) = 20 + 19

The monster value is split over the players hitting it.
    the group bonus is based on the original value of the monster - the split xp and that is divided over the group.
    Numbers are not real ingame numbers, but to give an idea how it works.

20 players kill mob X
    Mob x is 400 xp value.
    basic xp for 20 people hitting mob x is 400/20 = 20
    bonus xp for 20 people hitting mob x is 400 - 20= 380. That 380 is split over those 20 people, which makes for a 19 xp bonus.

you kill stuff solo, you get the full xp (unless somebody decides to tag your mob once and runs off)

In this system, in group you will never get more xp than you would have gotten on a solo kill.

there are in live modifiers for level differences in the group. I do not know if they are also in Prime.

The bonus over grouping on solo is the kill speed
    the bonus over solo on grouping is the amount of xp.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

The Dev team continues to monitor xp gains and progression.
    As mentioned on last week's livestream, they will continue to adjust over time, but with a scalpel, not a hammer.

Your feedback is a useful and important part of the process, so thank you!
    Brasse

Rift Disciple

i hope quest xp is adjusted properly, grinding rifts to gain some lvls isnt everyones idea of fun :P
    Last edited by Natia; 03-12-2018 at 02:18 PM.
    :: Natia@Zaviel :: Rogue :: Stuffs cleared ::

Well this lasted long,nerfed allready gg Trion.
    -=Insert huge list of raid kills and achievements here=-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast