+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree60Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PRIME: Perma XP Boost on rifts & more!

Quote Originally Posted by sipep View Post
    Right now I am level 32 going between IPP and SR and both are half done. After finishing gloamwood, I had to spam warfronts for a bit. Which is downright dumb if I already did more than what the majority will do, or want to do. This is coming from someone who was already doing 5mans, warfronts, and rifts leading up to that point.
    I guarantee you are missing a huge part of the game then. I am in the same level range as you and I still have half of Ice Pine Peaks and have not even touched Scarwood Reach.

I do about 3-4 dungeons per day, and usually 1-5 WF's (depending on if my pre-made team is all on), and about 5 invasions per day. From what you said you've done basically the same, yet somehow you are ahead of me in content and the same level ... something does not add up.

If the XP was increased by even 10-20% I would have a quest log full of green and grey quests right now.
    Last edited by Dademore; 03-14-2018 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dademore View Post
    Try instead to change the way you approach the game, don't rush to max level, but instead enjoy the journey. I am only in my 30s and my guild has the servers first level 50 and at least 6-8 people in their 40s. Cool for them, they are enjoying the race, but you and I do not have too. Enjoy the game for what it is, a fully fleshed out world with many MANY ways to gain XP.
    I'm a completionist, so I do every single quest in the location (including dailies), I explore every nook and cranny and do major invasion events. I never rushed anything and I'm ok with slow levelling, but being 3-4 levels less than the next location requires is not fun.
    I stopped doing dungeons because of overtuned bosses (each party I was in wiped on the spider boss in DD 3-4 times and disbanded). I guess you have your own group and never deal with pugs, so your dungeon experience is more pleasant than mine.
    Also I never do warfronts (I don't like PvP and I don't like being forced to do warfronts to gain levels). But the game shouldn't punish me for not liking PvP on a PvE server.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaspad View Post
    I'm a completionist
    I stopped doing dungeons because of overtuned bosses
    Also I never do warfronts
    So you are a completionist who only does 1/3 of the games content?

... right.

I am sorry you do not have your own group of friends to run dungeons with, maybe find a good guild and start your own group?

Also PvP is amazingly fun when done with a group over voice chat.

Soulwalker

... right.

I am sorry you do not have your own group of friends to run dungeons with, maybe find a good guild and start your own group?

How exactly is doing the same dungeon 2 more times or a warfront another 3-4 more times a day disregards that hes a completionist doing all the content? He is missing literally zero new content he hasn't seen yet queueing up again.

Like your reply to my comment, I did "more content" than you did when you clearly are queueing more. Am I somehow only doing 1/3 content because I did 1 warfront today vs your 5, or I was kicked from a 5man earlier today in FC when you fully completed a trash run?

From what you said you've done basically the same, yet somehow you are ahead of me in content and the same level ... something does not add up.
    Yeah the non repeated content that is actually worth completing at level isn't worth it. Which is why people want a xp buff. Experience gain shouldn't be balanced around the people that are saying they are doing 5 dungeons a day and 5 warfronts a day, but wanting to eat the cake of also completing at level orange quests when they come out of their instance.
    Last edited by sipep; 03-14-2018 at 07:27 AM.

Well, I expected that you'd answer as you just did. As if your previous message in this topic didn't sound patronizing enough.

... right.
    I shouldn't have to do every single activity in the game multiple times to level comfortably. Usually in most of western MMOs a combination of quests, exploring and dungeons is enough to give a player an opportunity to level without thinking too much about means of gaining exp.

Somewhat I don't think that you are really sorry xD
    There are different levels of complexity in a game; some of game activities are intended for soloing, and other for grouping. But if a LFG system is present, it means, that this part of content is intended to be done by random parties (not only by elites who have their full-fledged parties, but also by us, filthy causals). Now in Rift some bosses are extremely difficult for PUGs. I hope this patch will fix it though; we'll see how it goes.

Some people just don't like to compete with others and prefer to cooperate with them.
    Last edited by Diaspad; 03-14-2018 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sipep View Post
    How exactly is doing the same dungeon 2 more times or a warfront another 3-4 more times a day disregards that hes a completionist doing all the content? He is missing literally zero new content he hasn't seen yet queueing up again.

Like your reply to my comment, I did "more content" than you did when you clearly are queueing more. Am I somehow only doing 1/3 content because I did 1 warfront today vs your 5, or I was kicked from a 5man earlier today in FC when you fully completed a trash run?

Yeah the non repeated content that is actually worth completing at level isn't worth it. Which is why people want a xp buff. Experience gain shouldn't be balanced around the people that are saying they are doing 5 dungeons a day and 5 warfronts a day, but wanting to eat the cake of also completing at level orange quests when they come out of their instance.
    Easy killer, it's just a game bro ...

Sorry you were kicked from a group, I have not even run FC yet. Also, MMOs (Rift included) are all about grinding, but you do not have to do the same thing over and over and over in this case. I see people posting and talking in /4 all the time about how they have to do FC trash clears 30+ times ... this is just ridiculous and it's no wonder they are getting frustrated with the game.

There are many different ways to level, increasing the XP gain (as they just did according to the patch notes) will hurt me and others like me because we choose to do everything the game has to offer. now we have to deal with out leveling zones because other people refuse to branch out?

Sounds like you and others like you want to just solo your way through and get the same rewards as us that spent the time to form groups and relationships ... and the devs are giving you exactly what you want, just like they did with the F2P cash shop and every other change. They listen to the minority because they cry the hardest. Prime will fail because the devs refuse to stick to their guns and decide to cater to the smallest crowd.

Sorry you were kicked from a group, I have not even run FC yet. Also, MMOs (Rift included) are all about grinding, but you do not have to do the same thing over and over and over in this case. I see people posting and talking in /4 all the time about how they have to do FC trash clears 30+ times ... this is just ridiculous and it's no wonder they are getting frustrated with the game.

There are many different ways to level, increasing the XP gain (as they just did according to the patch notes) will hurt me and others like me because we choose to do everything the game has to offer. now we have to deal with out leveling zones because other people refuse to branch out?

Sounds like you and others like you want to just solo your way through and get the same rewards as us that spent the time to form groups and relationships ... and the devs are giving you exactly what you want, just like they did with the F2P cash shop and every other change. They listen to the minority because they cry the hardest. Prime will fail because the devs refuse to stick to their guns and decide to cater to the smallest crowd.
    I'm in the largest guild on the server and your view is definitely the minority, not the people who were hoping for a leveling process more similar to launch.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Well, I expected that you'd answer as you just did. As if your previous message in this topic didn't sound patronizing enough.

Somewhat I don't think that you are really sorry xD
    Yes, I am sorry that you do not have a core group actually. believe it or not I am really trying to help. I am sorry if you are taking what I am saying out of context. I always help people and spend most of my in game time helping others via tradeskills, queuing up as a tank when people want to run dungeons and have given away more plat than I have spent on myself.

If you want message me in game, I would be happy to help you level.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    I'm in the largest guild on the server and your view is definitely the minority, not the people who were hoping for a leveling process more similar to launch.
    Being in the largest guild on the server your primary focus is likely on raiding and getting to 50 asap, of course you all want faster XP gain.

Being in the largest guild on the server your primary focus is likely on raiding and getting to 50 asap, of course you all want faster XP gain.
    No, it is a social guild that has every type of player you can think of.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Soulwalker

Easy killer, it's just a game bro ....
    Then whats the problem?

Telaran

1/3 of the games content?
    That's like saying Ketchup counts as 1/3 of a meal. PVP on a PVE server should never be considered a part of the progression.

Dungeons require 5 people to run them...as a DPS I wait about 20-40 min each time I want to get in. I have a full-time job, wife and kids. I can't run 5 dungeons in 1 day if I tried...Im lucky if I can get 1 in.

BUT, I can get some questing in for an hour or 2 everytime. To say that PVP (on a PVE Server) and Dungeons (which depend on availability and how long you have to wait for them) are 2/3rds of the game's leveling progression...i.e. content...is absurd.

Soulwalker

yea dude tons of ways to level super diverse gameplay finish all of MSH at 35, get 36, grind dungeons till 40, do droughtlands for 40.5,do RD till 42, don't even bother with quests or the rest of the rifts because they give the same XP they did at 15, grind LH till 50 yeah tons of content in the game trion worlds nailing it again

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3