+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PRIME: Perma XP Boost on rifts & more!

Shadowlander

They also nerfed Rift xp(~33%) maybe unintended but yeah kinda sick to kill 1600 invasions for one lv up now after the nerf.
    Last edited by LegitEle; 03-13-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Soulwalker

Does anyone remember that one South Park episode, where they play World of Warcraft?

In the episode, the characters are forced to level to max solely by killing a vast number of low-level, low-value mobs.

This sequence was humorous. The source of the humour is the notion that it is an utterly absurd and ridiculous thing for a player to level to max by killing only basic monsters in the open world.

This made the scene memorable, and very funny.

This is also the situation occuring on Rift Prime, for real, right now.

This is where we're at.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #18
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Arubaluba View Post
    Does anyone remember that one South Park episode, where they play World of Warcraft?

In the episode, the characters are forced to level to max solely by killing a vast number of low-level, low-value mobs.

This sequence was humorous. The source of the humour is the notion that it is an utterly absurd and ridiculous thing for a player to level to max by killing only basic monsters in the open world.

This made the scene memorable, and very funny.

This is also the situation occuring on Rift Prime, for real, right now.

This is where we're at.
    I think if you honestly believe you can only kill basic monsters in the open world to get to max level you are missing huge portions of the game.

I would try Rifts, quests, footholds, invasions, dungeons, warfronts, and maybe some open world mobs as well. I don’t think you’re forced to do one thing, for real.
    Last edited by BigDataDude; 03-13-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by BigDataDude View Post
    I think if you honestly believe you can only kill basic monsters in the open world to get to max level you are missing huge portions of the game.

I would try Rifts, quests, footholds, invasions, dungeons, warfronts, and maybe some open world mobs as well. I donít think youíre forced to do one thing, for real.
    I draw that comparison to make a joke and a point.

Yes we can do rifts, invasions, dungeons, etc. The frustration is that while varying up activities keeps things fresh,it still requires you to do a huge amount of work for your xp. Leveling is an ungodly slog right now 30+.

The playerbase will always take the path of least resistance to a goal. Until earlier today that path was standing at wardstones during zone events, ignoring the objectives, repeatedly farming invasions for xp.

This is obviously not in the spirit of the game, and it seems the devs agree. One event in Shimmersand was prematurely ended by (presumably) a GM manually destroying the wardstones, and then the invasion/rift xp buff being reverted not long after.

I like pottering around the open world questing, and doing zone events especially. They're very unique to Rift. But if I want to level, there's only maybe one or two ways to effectively use my time. Questing is way too slow (and finite), events are too infrequent, pvp is too inconsistent (for me), so you're left with a rift farm group, or dungeon grinding.

I speak only for myself, your mileage may vary, all that. I just hope to see the leveling process smoothed over so there arent big dry patches preparing to move between zones, and to see different leveling activities brought in line in terms of xp value per time spent.

/essay

I still donít get why people are having such a hard time with XPing. I am in my 30s and have a zone and a half worth of quests right around my level to do, invasions that pop up in various zones every 20ish minutes. Dungeons to go through every night with my team. PvP favor to farm up, notoriety dailies and crafting dailies.

The list goes on and on. Get out there and explore. Do some stuff that you wouldnít normally do, who knows. Maybe youíll enjoy it!! And for gods sake Slow Down! Enjoy the ride, itís really not a race.
    Ü

Kindread
    Cleric Tank

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dademore View Post
    I still donít get why people are having such a hard time with XPing. I am in my 30s and have a zone and a half worth of quests right around my level to do, invasions that pop up in various zones every 20ish minutes. Dungeons to go through every night with my team. PvP favor to farm up, notoriety dailies and crafting dailies.

The list goes on and on. Get out there and explore. Do some stuff that you wouldnít normally do, who knows. Maybe youíll enjoy it!! And for gods sake Slow Down! Enjoy the ride, itís really not a race.
    It has already been explained by many players (including me) very understandably. If you still do not understand it, than it is because you see only your opinion and let no other opinion count!

Instead of fixing the problem, it is ignored.

The consequence is that players, who are not delighted this situation, do not let themselves be forced to do something boring. These players will not continue to play. And there are already players in this forum who shares their will to stop playing prime. I hope that is understandable enough.

I stopped playing three days ago and will be watching the changes. If the quest xp are customized as they where at release, then I will continue to play.

In the meantime I prefer to do something that I personally enjoy more.

Soulwalker

It's not about "having a hard time XPing" its about the fact that I as a level 35 player who requires 388847 xp to level have the options of doing: Quests that give 2200 XP, Footholds and Invasions that give 900(on average) XP, Rifts, which give on average 2500 XP, PVP, which on win gives 7850 XP, loss 2200, or run dungeons which tend to give about 70k-100k a run depending on the instance. For a progression server that is being considered to release content quickly, this is an extremely slow system. If I continue to level at the pace I am I will not be 50 until the end of March, which is likely when GSB is going to have already started, so I'll already be behind on expert farm, and be left unlikely to actually get a spot in a raiding guild. Plus, considering its a progression server with accelerated releases, it'll likely be in April when RoS is released. It simply puts all players extremely behind on a server that already has a set expiration date. If the server had slow burn releases then I'd be content with Trion slowing down the leveling, but as a person who goes to school, raids in other games, and works a part time job, it's very difficult to keep up with leveling in Rift and preparing myself for the end-game with the current rates. A level, maybe two every six hours is NOT a good pace for an MMO and, if kept current, won't be a game I renew my subscription for.

Rift Chaser

Warfronts shouldn't be a decent or best way to earn experience because class balance in PvP is atrocious. You have not added it in as an avenue to gear you for raiding which should be the end game for anyone who plays whether they like it or not. If they choose not to participate that is on them but they should be ready to participate because the avenue pvp, pve planar gear, and pve instant gear all lead them into raiding.

PvP balancing continues to be be one of the biggest reasons that lead players to quit pvping and Rift in general. There are classes that get hit instantly with pvp nerfs and others that had it good by having to wait for a pve reason to get their broken abilities fixed. Something like sab stuns which lasted almost a year before it was fixed is a recent example.

My suggestion is this. You know your team can't balance pvp well. You know that data points to pvp leaving players gutted after rollercoaster balancing. And then both you and the players finally realizing that pvp doesn't have a good watchdog or developer. You know this already.

When this happens you should give players an outlet to use their pvp earned gear to do something else like get into raiding when they eventually get that sour taste. They will at least have another end game to play without having to start from square 1 again like on live.

Or keep it legit and tell players pvp is not the focus for progression server and try to stop it from becoming a hamster wheel from the start. This is something we hear from the devs anyway.. That Rift is not a PvP game..I don't know why devs suddenly are recommending it to players or allowing it to even thrive as a hamster wheel.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-14-2018 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Hello!
    Dev has just boosted XP for invasions, rifts, footholds, collosi and zone events. Enjoy!
    (no downtime was needed)

We continue to review all the numbers on Prime... dev is online alongside you and we're looking at EVERYTHING. We absolutely welcome your feedback!

RIFT ON!
    ;-)#
    The Dev team continues to monitor xp gains and progression.
    As mentioned on last week's livestream, they will continue to adjust over time, but with a scalpel, not a hammer.

Your feedback is a useful and important part of the process, so thank you!
    Brasse
    As mentioned on the livestreams, the changes to xp will be made over time.

This morning, xp was returned to the same level as on RIFT Live for Invasions and Footholds. The pop rate for these events has also been returned to Live rates.

A general xp nudge upwards (not rocket boost, a nudge) is planned for tomorrow.

Brasse
    I completely understand and support this change.

Originally they boosted the XP gain, I am assuming, due to complaints that there was some XP lacking near the end of zone transitions to next zones etc. This allowed for pickup of some extra XP. However, over the past day or so many people have been using creative use/bypass of the intended mechanics of zone events and in turn, pushed lots of people closer to the level cap sooner than likely intended. Some people were gaining 1 million plus XP during these times from what I understand. This can cause issues for both Trion and the player base in the long run and that is why I support this particular change.
    Nogardgib
    Guild: Old Skool
    Shard: Vigil
    Please come join our community

Click Here <O└d Skool>Click Here

I have my doubts that a "nudge" is going to be sufficient but I guess we'll see. With rifts/invasions/footholds nerfed, we're still stuck with quests getting you less than halfway through the mid/high level zones and dungeon trash clears being the best way to level which I don't think is a good solution.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Soulwalker

I love to do the Rift quest, frankly, I prefer to give lightling through Quest, but, XP is very low, could have a boost in XP quest...
    Collenna@Vigil

Rift Disciple

Everything right now requires stupid amount of time put into them to get any kind of progress, if you can only play 2 hours of time a day if you have a job and a family, at this rate, it'll take you a year to be 50

As of now, I'd reach max level in P99 faster than on prime...

I don't know if Trion does this so we stay longer to reach max level to get more money out of us or if this is because stuff at max level aren't ready yet but if the latter is the case, why even release prime now, it should be taken down and release when ready if so -.-

I get what you "pro-XP buff" folks are trying to say, but please keep in mind there are two sides to this coin. If the XP rates were increased for you, it would ruin the game for me, who LOVES leveling, but I would vastly out level the content because I DECIDE to do all the games content, and not just one or two things.

Try instead to change the way you approach the game, don't rush to max level, but instead enjoy the journey. I am only in my 30s and my guild has the servers first level 50 and at least 6-8 people in their 40s. Cool for them, they are enjoying the race, but you and I do not have too. Enjoy the game for what it is, a fully fleshed out world with many MANY ways to gain XP.
    Ü

Kindread
    Cleric Tank

Wasn't really as Perma it looks like but who knows what today's patch gonna bring!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

Soulwalker

I get what you "pro-XP buff" folks are trying to say, but please keep in mind there are two sides to this coin. If the XP rates were increased for you, it would ruin the game for me, who LOVES leveling, but I would vastly out level the content because I DECIDE to do all the games content, and not just one or two things.

Try instead to change the way you approach the game, don't rush to max level, but instead enjoy the journey. I am only in my 30s and my guild has the servers first level 50 and at least 6-8 people in their 40s. Cool for them, they are enjoying the race, but you and I do not have too. Enjoy the game for what it is, a fully fleshed out world with many MANY ways to gain XP.
    Well I am a "pro-XP buff" person. I personally am doing every single quest, even doing multiple dailies in old zones. I queue for warfronts here and there. I play as a tank so I did (more on this later) queue multiple times a day in the early levels. I do every single zone event, go for the boss at least in old zones. I try and do most rift/invasions/footholds that I run by.

Here are the problems though, with all that content that im doing I shouldn't be barely high enough level going into a new zone. Right now I am level 32 going between IPP and SR and both are half done. After finishing gloamwood, I had to spam warfronts for a bit. Which is downright dumb if I already did more than what the majority will do, or want to do. This is coming from someone who was already doing 5mans, warfronts, and rifts leading up to that point.

We can all agree to that fact that not finishing a rift so it would spawn invasions and you have a raid of 20 tapping it for really good exp is bad. But to go a full 180, where doing a invasion wave is equivalent now to killing 2 random mobs in a field? The incentive to kill a invasion is gone, why bother trying to solo a group.

The other problem which they should "fix" is then people doing instance trash farming, and quite frankly over buffed bosses. I no longer bother doing 5mans, everything after the first couple instances are just trash farming. I went from doing multiple runs to not cap my individual reward charges, to no longer caring. Want to try a boss in FC? nope get kicked because this is a trash farming group.

Doing rifts with multiple raid groups and zone events? fun. Needing to do queue the last 1-2 levels doing trash farming or warfronts? not so much.

All im saying is I should probably be higher than 32, doing all the carnage quests in scarlet gorge, almost done IPP, handful of quests now in scarlet reach. Multiple zone events easily 11-12 between the 3 zones.

Compare that now to someone who did the invasion/foothold farming and instance trash farming they are easily 35+.

I shouldn't have to worry about potentially needing to do a ton of trash farming or warfront spamming before going into moonshade/droughtlands.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast