Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTstream 03/09: PRIME TIME!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default RIFTstream 03/09: PRIME TIME!

RIFT livestream, Fridays 11:30 AM PT, twitch.tv/trionworlds

Vigil, the Prime progression server, launched on Wednesday. We had queues, we had fun, we laughed, we cried... let's talk about it!

Join RIFT Devs for a peek at what sleep-deprived yet happy people look like. If you've been leveling up furiously on Vigil, you may already have seen this look in the mirror!

We'll talk about Vigil, RIFT Prime and answer yet more questions, from this forum thread or live if we can keep up with the speed of chat scrolling (that will be Brasse's job).

And hey... we have a secret challenge to tell you about for Vigil.

Tune in for it!

RIFT LIVESTREAM

Fridays, 11:30 AM Pacific (19:30 UTC)
    https://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

Simulcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!

Shadowlander

Will some levelling dungeons be tweaked such as Darkening Deeps? When I get a group for it everybody leaves straight away because they say the bosses are overtuned. Keep up the good work guys lots of fun so far.

I asked people in game for questions
    "Will the promigiator pack be giftable on the store one day?
    Last edited by mattydoga; 03-08-2018 at 11:42 AM.

1. I know things change, but we were told there wouldn't be any incentive to feel the need like you have to play there outside of titles and portrait frames. Exclusive mounts were not intended, low and behold mounts got put in. Are we ever going to see those mounts go up on live at some point or will that continue to be a prime exclusive? I hope this won't be the general trend going forward. Tacitus tried to answer this as best as he could in discord, but stated that he isn't the one that makes those decisions which is okay. I'd like to hear from someone who actually does if possible.

2. A lot of us were hoping and some expecting that Prime would launch with 4.4, not be 4.4 in its entirety. Will we be seeing more updates for live before carnival hits? I know that team counts that as content and it certainly is, but not the type that really matters when we really need and have been waiting for a lot of other things.

3. We were told early on that Prime would not split the community in any way, but it has. This doesn't go for everyone obviously, but it has and will continue to start devolving into an "us vs them" mentality or "Prime vs Live". From returning players point of view it's "Prime vs F2P garbage". The current playerbase are the ones that built the game up through continued support over the years and Prime would not exist with it. Can we have some further official confirmation on the stream that for all intents and purposes that Live servers will be the main servers going forward? Bring back some morale for those of us that are still waiting on content while people are enjoying themselves on Prime. To reiterate that's a good thing and we all want it to succeed, but we don't want it taking away from live and yesterdays patch (so far) is proof of that.

4. Can you please revert the plat farming change? http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5341791 Changing it globally negatively impacts live more than it would impact having it available on Prime. It's extremely inefficient for people to use this method on Prime with no shard hopping available, lower respawn rates in turn and people generally fighting over farm spots. Check the link for further details for the sake of context if this is answered on stream.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 03-08-2018 at 03:05 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Default dimensions in Prime

I understand completely having the Prime store solely for cosmetic items etc, and not containing items that give players advantages over each other for progression. Very cool!

However, has there been (or could there be) consideration for offering dimension items for credits, as well as in game currency? Dimensions don't offer any real leg-up ...they're solely for "fun".

Many players may be experiencing Rift for the first time and dimensions are SO unique and offer such a special building experience over other games they should totally see it, build, visit, socialize, RP, etc ....but as it stands, it will be a long time before anyone has enough money to begin buying dim items in quantities to allow for real building. (We don't have minion stashes which is fine, no dreamweaving until NT, and, fishing for about 2 hours netted me 3 identical items, lol...love me some Dwarven Octagonal tables but...sigh, lol)

Simply stated (tl;dr)...would you consider adding a credit option for dimension building items?

ps- if you're concerned someone may buy with credits to re-sell for a plat boost...I'd suggest having credit purchased items be bound? Just a thought
    Last edited by Blythe; 03-09-2018 at 09:47 AM.
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

Soulwalker

Hello! While I've been a long-time account holder, I realized I've never signed up for these forums! Here's my question about playing Prime:

I paid for the hairstyles and skin colors on Live servers and noticed I don't have access to them in Prime. When I visit the beauty shop, it says I have to pay for an account-wide unlock to access them, but I already have paid for them. Is this intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Toyfuzion View Post
    Hello! While I've been a long-time account holder, I realized I've never signed up for these forums! Here's my question about playing Prime:

I paid for the hairstyles and skin colors on Live servers and noticed I don't have access to them in Prime. When I visit the beauty shop, it says I have to pay for an account-wide unlock to access them, but I already have paid for them. Is this intended?
    Nothing from live carries over to prime. You're starting from scratch in every regard.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Will Trion be at PAX East?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    1. I know things change, but we were told there wouldn't be any incentive to feel the need like you have to play there outside of titles and portrait frames. Exclusive mounts were not intended, low and behold mounts got put in. Are we ever going to see those mounts go up on live at some point or will that continue to be a prime exclusive? I hope this won't be the general trend going forward. Tacitus tried to answer this as best as he could in discord, but stated that he isn't the one that makes those decisions which is okay. I'd like to hear from someone who actually does if possible.
    Now, where you mentioned the mounts etc.:
    I canīt find a prime package for subscribers. I remember, that all prime player should receive a mount, some cosmetics ect. at the end. I see so many players with these mounts, capes, portrait frames and title. But I couldnīt find an offer for subscribers. Only the one offer with playing time but that is nothing for players who already have an annual subscription. I donīt need extra playing-time, but I could really use that mount right now. My character is level 13 and doesn't have 2 platinum and 50g for a mount yet.

It also seems, that we donīt receive affinity on live servers, if we play on vigil. Subscribers, donīt forget to log in for affinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
    I canīt find a prime package for subscribers..
    https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/store/prime/

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    No, this is not appropriate for annual subscribers. And I wrote that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
    Only the one offer with playing time
    You have probably misunderstood me. I thougt about an extra package for people who have already an subscription.
    Last edited by Maelya; 03-09-2018 at 06:40 AM.

Another issue that I see coming up in regard to prime is that fact that so many people are paying to play it, I'm sure those people will want Prime to take priority in terms of fixing and turning things over the coming months, but that also takes away from the much needed live updates. There are also still those of us who sub, but only play live and feel the same way specifically for those servers. You can see the conflict there. What are you priorities going to be for the game as a whole in regard to both Prime and Live?

Telaran

Is Trion looking into the xp issue on the Prime Server or is it working as intended?

This is probably a bit late to jump in with a question and you may look to answer this anyway:

What has the team learned from Prime so far?
    Is there anything (even a general topic, like content difficulty) of something that has been a success so far that you're looking to implement over on Live?
    Irlowe@Deepwood Iirlowe@Deepwood Urlowe@Deepwood Primalowe@Deepwood Rlowe@Deepwood
    <Halcyon>

Quote Originally Posted by rlowe47 View Post
    This is probably a bit late to jump in with a question and you may look to answer this anyway:

What has the team learned from Prime so far?
    Is there anything (even a general topic, like content difficulty) of something that has been a success so far that you're looking to implement over on Live?
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...sts-level.html

It would seem that while a lot of people like challenge and a lot of veterans who wanted challenge back and are certainly getting it, there are still a lot of people who feel it's a bit too much and is causing the issue above.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...sts-level.html

It would seem that while a lot of people like challenge and a lot of veterans who wanted challenge back and are certainly getting it, there are still a lot of people who feel it's a bit too much and is causing the issue above.
    If what you mean by "challenging" is forced grinding/pvp'ing, I wouldn't call that a challenge. A challenge is when mobs present more difficulty or dungeons are a bit more demanding.

Forced grinding and PVP is not a "challenge". When this is done, the only challenge is Trion trying to keep subcriptions.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast