+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: UPDATE! Reversed! (was: Change coming to how appearance items are gained!)

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default UPDATE! Reversed! (was: Change coming to how appearance items are gained!)

This announced change has been reverted. Please see my update at:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5340482

-Tacitus-

-----

Hey folks, we wanted to make sure that everyone knows that a change is coming to how wardrobe appearance items are gained.

Coming to a patch SOON, as early as next week:

When you want to collect appearance items:
    - If it is a Soulbound or Account Bound item, you don't have to equip it. It's clearly going to only be used by your account and will automatically be available in your Wardrobe.
    - If it is a Bind on Equip item, you will need to equip it on one of your characters, to unlock it for your account in your Wardrobe
    - If you take a Soulbound/Account Bound quest reward that cannot be equipped by your class, it will still unlock for your account in your Wardrobe.

We know that some folks are passing around highly desirable items to a large number of people, and in some cases even charging for it.
    This is not how the Wardrobe feature is intended to function, and the team has decided to bring this practice to a close, so that these items may regain their intrinsic, individual value.

This change is being brought in at this time due to the imminent launch of the Prime server, but will also apply to RIFT Live.

We hope that this advance notification will help ease the transition for those who are used to passing items around.

Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 03-02-2018 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Reverse course!

Telaran

will this bring back the (for Live (credit bought)) transfiguration baubles?

Nope. They wanted people to earn weapons and their appearances. Baubles allowed people to skin a BoE green weapon with raid skins and trade/sell them around which kind of killed the point. They got rid of baubles when they revamped the wardrobe system, but people had a lot of left overs floating around which is why skins on farm came to be. They prevented baubles on being used on anything lvl 66+ though so it's been kind of dead since this expansion anyway.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

What about raid loot? How will this be affected?

Please correct me if I'm wrong Brasse, but a lot of people already seem to be getting confused.

When you want to collect appearance items:
    - If it is a Soulbound or Account Bound item, you don't have to equip it. It's clearly going to only be used by your account and will automatically be available in your Wardrobe. For anyone worried about old raid runs for wardrobe appearances, that's not going anyhere. Raid drops are technically soul bound items, but you're allowed to loot and trade them within the timer limit (15-30min) before it actually becomes soulbound.

- If it is a Bind on Equip item, you will need to equip it on one of your characters, to unlock it for your account in your Wardrobe. It sounds like this is mainly in place specifically for people who have been using baubles and trading raid, event and extra unique weapons around and making a profit off of it. Sometimes even through Rex. While I personally don't have a problem with it myself, it's something that kind of kills the uniqueness of earning your own appearances. They put the first stop to it by not allowing old baubles to be used on anything level 66+.

- If you take a Soulbound/Account Bound quest reward that cannot be equipped by your class, it will still unlock for your account in your Wardrobe. If you like to use your raid marks to buy armor appearances from other classes outside of the one you're playing, then you can still do that without having to equip it.

The real change only applies to BOE Items to prevent the sale and trading of appearances to make a profit

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

RIP SKIN SHOP.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Plane Walker

Seems like shutting the barn door after the cows are already long gone, but okay.

How does this affect existing wardrobes?

For example, I never equipped the Sand Covered Muffler that I farmed up, because the wardrobe changes that went into effect shortly after I obtained it made equipping it to learn it unnecessary. I won't lose access to that skin, or similar skins for which I never equipped an item to learn, right?

Dimensions on Wolfsbane

Apothecaria Lyceum & Retreat
    Weaver's Rest
    Setting the Scene Contest Entry: Lucy Looks into a Wardrobe

Telaran

anything in your bag that is soulbound or bound to account unlocks in your wardrobe.

the 30 mins trade option does not make it bound and will not unlock the look in wardrobe till the 30mins have passed

anything binds on equip needs to be equipped first before being unlocked to your wardrobe.

So if you only play mage, you will never be able to unlock a bind on equip bow.
    you will need a rogue, warrior or primalist of the right level to physically equip that bow to unlock the look for you.
    If that same bow is bound to account or soulbound, it will unlock in your wardrobe, no matter what calling you are.

If the bow is BINDS to account, it is not bound yet.. and does not unlock in your wardrobe until you physically equip it.

Raid drops.. depending on loot distribution. if the drop is bound, it unlocks in your wardrobe, no matter what calling you are or what the weapon is.

@Holyroller >> If you like to use your raid marks to buy armor appearances from other classes outside of the one you're playing, then you can still do that without having to equip it. <<

This is probably not entirely correct. Yes you can buy the armor appearances. However, it may only unlock after the time has elapsed that you can sell it back to store.. I assume it is not the buy and sell back for looks without losing the currency anymore
    Last edited by Yvette; 03-01-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
    This is probably not entirely correct. Yes you can buy the armor appearances. However, it may only unlock after the time has elapsed that you can sell it back to store.. I assume it is not the buy and sell back for looks without losing the currency anymore
    They could certainly change it to be that way yeah. Regaining your currency after buying something and selling back won't be going anywhere itself though. That system is mainly in place for people who accidentally buy the wrong piece. They allow you to sell back (as long as you don't equip it) so that you don't have to send in a ticket every or anytime you make that mistake.

So you guys basically removing only reason to do most old expansion raids. How will you solve this then? Can we assume wardrobe bundles from that raids coming into rift shop?
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    So you guys basically removing only reason to do most old expansion raids. How will you solve this then? Can we assume wardrobe bundles from that raids coming into rift shop?
    Which ones aren't?

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

I'll let Tacitus respond here, as the reigning expert on how the Wardrobe works.
    If we can clarify matters even more, so much the better!

;-)#
    Brasse

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Which ones aren't?
    I meant general weapon skins as bundle.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong Brasse
    Your answers appear to all be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaene View Post
    I won't lose access to that skin, or similar skins for which I never equipped an item to learn, right?
    You will not lost any appearances you already unlocked. This only affects future unlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
    Yes you can buy the armor appearances. However, it may only unlock after the time has elapsed that you can sell it back to store
    The Binds text is because it is on the store, not in your bags. As soon as it hits your bags, a bind on pickup item is soulbound, even if you immediately sell it back. Which means it unlocks wardrobe.

This has no effect on farming old raids for appearances as none of those drops are BoE. That said, almost every armor skin is already in a wardrobe bundle form, if that is your preference (and has been for a long while at this point). But definitely no reason to stop running old raids or soloing instances for skins. That stuff is all BoP, and so will unlock appearances same as always.

I meant general weapon skins as bundle.
    Ah, most weapon skins are also already in shop form, if that is your choice. But again, no reason not to raid farm them still either.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Your answers appear to all be correct.
    This has no effect on farming old raids for appearances as none of those drops are BoE. That said, almost every armor skin is already in a wardrobe bundle form, if that is your preference (and has been for a long while at this point). But definitely no reason to stop running old raids or soloing instances for skins. That stuff is all BoP, and so will unlock appearances same as always.

Ah, most weapon skins are also already in shop form, if that is your choice. But again, no reason not to raid farm them still either.
    Oh first post misleading it, so 30 minutes trade period will unlock skins to people when traded then? If yes then no problem (thou I never run that raids but seeing huge amount of people pugging them).

What's happening to transfigured items? Will additional skins still unlock like now or do we need to equip this items?
    Last edited by aileen; 03-01-2018 at 06:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast