+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree88Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: UPDATE! Reversed! (was: Change coming to how appearance items are gained!)

Soulwalker

Thanks Tacitus , though I'm still in your camp that wardrobe is a bit to easy to acquire.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Hey, everyone!

... we are persuaded that it is far too late to change how Live has operated until now.

Sincerely,
    Tacitus.
    So, we should also expect xp returned for crafting dailies, to just the way Live operated for years and years?

I might actually find a reason to log in and do something with some alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Hey, everyone!

We have been following the feedback on the wardrobe change closely. While I still think the change would have put the system to how it should have always been and would address a number of ongoing headaches that our current system creates, we are persuaded that it is far too late to change how Live has operated until now.

So this is me eating crow, my mea culpa.

The wardrobe changes for Live are officially reverted!
    Only Prime will operate under this ruleset.

Thank you for all of your comments and constructive dialog.
    Sincerely,
    Tacitus.
    I can understand why the system should be more restricted and can imagine bugs and stuff from a dev perspective. The wardrobe system in Rift is pretty unique because of this though, as far as wardrobe functionality Rift beats just about every other mmo in my opinion. And most MMOs are doing something with their wardrobes, I'm glad live is staying the same.
    RIP boiled water, you will be mist

Telaran

So... I get the intent on this but I'm not really understanding the path you're opting to get there.

If I read this and understand correctly the intent is that you don't want items to be passed around so easily for the purpose of adding to wardrobes, and because things add to wardrobe without binding to the account/character it causes you dev headaches.

If that is the case and I'm reading this right... Wouldn't the sensible answer be to simply give players a means of binding items without wearing them? As a Prime player it doesn't make sense to me that if I want my Cleric to be able to wear a piece of gear that I have to go and equip it on my only alt (which in itself may or may not be able to wear it)...

Unless of course your intent with this change is to drive microtransactions. Then I totally understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    So... I get the intent on this but I'm not really understanding the path you're opting to get there.

If I read this and understand correctly the intent is that you don't want items to be passed around so easily for the purpose of adding to wardrobes, and because things add to wardrobe without binding to the account/character it causes you dev headaches.

If that is the case and I'm reading this right... Wouldn't the sensible answer be to simply give players a means of binding items without wearing them? As a Prime player it doesn't make sense to me that if I want my Cleric to be able to wear a piece of gear that I have to go and equip it on my only alt (which in itself may or may not be able to wear it)...

Unless of course your intent with this change is to drive microtransactions. Then I totally understand.
    I think this was mostly aimed at live since they would go out of their way to create new premium skins for promotions (like Atlas reactor) and people would just use left over baubles to skin BoE weapons with those premium skins and either sell them for in game plat, credits or trade them around for free. Much like mount creation, making new items from scratch (or appearances) isn't cheap and selling them with promotional packs is a way to make back some of that money or placing them on the store in the cosmetic section. There were more skins that were originally slated to come a while back, but because of this practice it was delayed.

Tacitus stated that was a change that was going to come years ago, but there's so many people who are used it wardrobes being the way they are, that the backlash of it would be pretty significant. It certainly was as you'll read in this thread. These types of changes are applied to both prime and live, but they just left it the way it is for live, but kept the change on Prime. It's unfortunate if you don't have alts that can equip BoE armor pieces that your current character can't wear, but I think with the additional change of wardrobe bundles dropping from every piece of content alleviates any real need for alts since the wardrobe bundles don't require you to equip anything or be any particular class. If you want a specific wardrobe, then you buy and trade for the ones you want.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Shadowlander

I like the upcoming system!

It's fair, it finally doesn't bring any more advantages or disadvantages, and finally this Platinum-greedy "Skins on farm" can't enrich itself with remnants of the old wardrobe system for years.

Because of such people the system is now being changed, just as we all always have to put up with disadvantages if some want to get rich outside the rules.

I welcome any change that puts a stop to such behaviour, even if it means changes for all of us!

I'm fine even if we are barred from pass-around (loot/crafted) or refunding (store) wardrobe. Duh, I understand Trion wanting unlocks to be one-person only.

What I don't understand is why I need class alts to unlock Bind on Equip wardrobes. Can it not be that we right click it to bind (thus unlocking wardrobe), even if its unequipable? If these changes ever come to Live then its minimally acceptable since we can have a character for each class, but on Prime its especially bad because we can only have two characters, thus two classes.

People understand what I mean right?

5,,I say 5 pages on wardrobe changes? Seriously? Are there any more pressing issues to address in game play? Maybe like class balance? So, let's update, then revert it and everyone will be confused but happy or sad. Awesome way to keep the masses thrilled and coming back for more. Said no one ever.
    Just, comfortably numb....

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Tacitus stated that was a change that was going to come years ago, but there's so many people who are used it wardrobes being the way they are, that the backlash of it would be pretty significant. It certainly was as you'll read in this thread. These types of changes are applied to both prime and live, but they just left it the way it is for live, but kept the change on Prime. It's unfortunate if you don't have alts that can equip BoE armor pieces that your current character can't wear, but I think with the additional change of wardrobe bundles dropping from every piece of content alleviates any real need for alts since the wardrobe bundles don't require you to equip anything or be any particular class. If you want a specific wardrobe, then you buy and trade for the ones you want.
    Haven't played enough on Prime to see any of the wardrobe bundles but if they're common enough then I suppose that does ease some of the pain.

But I do find it funny that the main source of pain are historic things on Live, but it's Prime that gets nailed with the stick instead. Limited alt slots also makes it a trouble as well.

Well, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    Haven't played enough on Prime to see any of the wardrobe bundles but if they're common enough then I suppose that does ease some of the pain.

But I do find it funny that the main source of pain are historic things on Live, but it's Prime that gets nailed with the stick instead. Limited alt slots also makes it a trouble as well.

Well, we'll see.
    Prime is essentially a glorified test server to try these new systems on to see how people like them. The goal is to hopefully bring the positive changes over to live once they merge prime over at the end of the year. They said prior to the launch that while going back and tweaking things, they're taking another look at older systems, seeing what works and what doesn't. "If something doesn't work for prime, then it probably doesn't work for live".

Fingers crossed anyway. I detailed some of the changes they already need to bring over here: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...p-improve.html

However it's more related to the store specifically and making improvements on it as that seems to be many peoples gripes that are currently playing on prime. Why they left and why they will refuse to continue play if prime ends.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Shadowlander

Default Time for changing to another Char is horible

Login and logout times very long. Login seems it hangs.... takes several minutes at 92%

since last server down, and update driver takes no effect.

Soulwalker

Hello
    The servers are planted again. the load is blocked at 92%.
    Thanks for doing what's needed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5