+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: UPDATE! Reversed! (was: Change coming to how appearance items are gained!)

Prophet of Telara

I can't believe you actually went ahead and are moving this nerf to Live. When will Trion ever learn that taking things away from people that they have had for a long time does not feel good and does not want to make them play more or give you more money?!

Every time I poke my nose back in, it feels like another nice little thing is being struck down. What a huge, unecessary, punishing nerf for appearence collectors like me.

I forsee another long break once this change is patched, and it's move my fence-based position on Prime to the Nope side.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #47
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Default Update! Full Reverse!!

Hey, everyone!

We have been following the feedback on the wardrobe change closely. While I still think the change would have put the system to how it should have always been and would address a number of ongoing headaches that our current system creates, we are persuaded that it is far too late to change how Live has operated until now.

So this is me eating crow, my mea culpa.

The wardrobe changes for Live are officially reverted!
    Only Prime will operate under this ruleset.

Thank you for all of your comments and constructive dialog.
    Sincerely,
    Tacitus.

Rift Disciple

Thank you Brasse for the heads up.

And especially Thank You Tacitus and the Trion team for listening to the feedback and saving the Rift community a lot of distress.
    Last edited by mashata; 03-02-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Hey, everyone!

We have been following the feedback on the wardrobe change closely. While I still think the change would have put the system to how it should have always been and would address a number of ongoing headaches that our current system creates, we are persuaded that it is far too late to change how Live has operated until now.

Sincerely,
    Tacitus.
    Then I shall eat some crow with you when I made the comment that you guys don't listen. You guys may not always listen on other things but as far as this change goes you did listen and I was wrong. Thank you so much for not moving this change for Live servers.

Tacitus.
    so question because I did not see this addressed, but you said all weapon skins can be bought in the store but I have almost all the ones in the store and my wardrobe says I am still missing a considerable amount of them, while I have not tried any of them on to see what they are and someone has databased the wardrobe, is it possible you do not have ALL the skins in the store?

So apparently I havnt looked at the store in a while in the costume weapons section You have added A LOT since last I checked
    Last edited by Challengere; 03-02-2018 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Found them

I have seen the errors of my ways!

Please see the update here:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5340482

Humbly,
    Tacitus.

and

Hey, everyone!

Sincerely,
    Tacitus.

Although I'm not personally passionate about this issue:

As a returning player, color me impressed.
    In this situation, you listened, and responded.
    I know in the future it may not always be what I want to hear,
    but at least you are all not functioning within your own echo chamber,
    and that gives me hope.

Thank you for hearing the playerbase!
    Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

Telaran

Respect

It takes some courage to own up and turn the tide.

Wonderful! Thanks for keeping it as-is.

General of Telara

Hey, everyone!

Sincerely,
    Tacitus.
    Great news and thanks for listening.

Tacitus dude you best not ever move to another team/company

Ral
    Rift Master

Hey, everyone!

Sincerely,
    Tacitus.
    Thank you for your willingness to both review and reverse your decision. I can appreciate the developments side of the issue and how complex and nuanced the current system, and its archaic problems, are for the team but I hope this means you also appreciate how the same applies in different regards to the user side.

Possibly there is another solution that is mutually acceptable (and beneficial) to both sides, what that may be would be better for future discussion. However, the change to auto-consume wardrobes, wardrobe "boxes" and PA weapons interaction with baubles I feel were examples of fair compromises, though no doubt a headache to manage for both sides.

Primarily they are fair because they don't affect what already exists, especially when the effect would push some existing elements to monetized only sources or remove them entirely as this change would do.

The wardrobe system in rift is objectively one of the most brilliant qualities of the game and while it has room to improve it is already probably among the best of its kind, even compared to games that use appearance as their overwhelmingly primary focus.

P.S. the live wardrobe system as it is will be a major incentive to retain prime players when they learn many of the wardrobes they were unable to acquire in prime will be waiting without as much restriction for them on live when prime ends. Additionally please keep in mind the issues I mentioned for the change to prime, they could still arise as relevant cases there.
    Last edited by Ral; 03-02-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Prophet of Telara

A poor man lived with his wife and six children in a very small one-room house. They were always getting in each other's way and there was so little space they could hardly breathe!

Finally the man could stand it no more. He talked to his wife and asked her what to do. "Go see the rabbi," she told him, and after arguing a while, he went.

The rabbi greeted him and said, "I see something is troubling you. Whatever it is, you can tell me."

And so the poor man told the rabbi how miserable things were at home with him, his wife, and the six children all eating and living and sleeping in one room. The poor man told the rabbi, "We're even starting to yell and fight with each other. Life couldn't be worse."

The rabbi thought very deeply about the poor man's problem. Then he said, "Do exactly as I tell you and things will get better. Do you promise?"

"I promise," the poor man said.

The rabbi then asked the poor man a strange question. "Do you own any animals?"

"Yes," he said. "I have one cow, one goat, and some chickens."

"Good," the rabbi said. "When you get home, take all the animals into your house to live with you."

The poor man was astonished to hear this advice from the rabbi, but he had promised to do exactly what the rabbi said. So he went home and took all the farm animals into the tiny one-room house.

The next day the poor man ran back to see the rabbi. "What have you done to me, Rabbi?" he cried. "It's awful. I did what you told me and the animals are all over the house! Rabbi, help me!"

The rabbi listened and said calmly, "Now go home and take the chickens back outside."

The poor man did as the rabbi said, but hurried back again the next day. "The chickens are gone, but Rabbi, the goat!" he moaned. "The goat is smashing up all the furniture and eating everything in sight!"

The good rabbi said, "Go home and remove the goat and may God bless you."

So the poor man went home and took the goat outside. But he ran back again to see the rabbi, crying and wailing. "What a nightmare you have brought to my house, Rabbi! With the cow it's like living in a stable! Can human beings live with an animal like this?"

The rabbi said sweetly, "My friend, you are right. May God bless you. Go home now and take the cow out of your house." And the poor man went quickly home and took the cow out of the house.

The next day he came running back to the rabbi again. "O Rabbi," he said with a big smile on his face, "we have such a good life now. The animals are all out of the house. The house is so quiet and we've got room to spare! What a joy!
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Thanks for reverse, but there is few questions:

1. How wardrobe will transfer to live servers after closing Prime? Merge? Or what way?
    2. What do you plan to do with deprecated wardrobe, that was available in old events, quests, pvp, conquest, etc.?

And some thoughts about wardrobe system. I understand that Trion want to gain more money by selling wardrobe, but why you trying to make the life of the players more difficult? We not have any real database for wardrobe and you too. In ancient times we has Transfiguration Baubles to share rare wardrobes, but now... now we can't share, we can't know where to get, we must create alts for all classes to equip items (by your idea) and so we can't nothing except ****ing grind of all that we see in miracle hope that we can get something.

So would be nice something like this:
    1. Bind on pickup, Bind to account - auto-add to wardrode
    2. Bind on equip - add on equip
    3. Return Transfiguration Baulbles to add possibility to share any wardrobe from 1-2, but by these conditions it will be like applying skin on any "bind on equip" item for single transfer, because player must equip to get skin. By this way you gain money by selling baubles and make the life of the players more shiny You can set price for baubles not so cheap, that players buy them really for rare items, not for green/blue trash
    4. Add more boxes like Optio's Cases, or just add skins to drops, but without possibility to share, for extremely rare and cool skins, it's like a "bind on equip" but not shareable
    5. Shop skins - without possibility to share

And for any boxes, cases, bundles, mounts, pets, etc. please make correct indicator for "Already collected". And make correct work of filter in auction and add filter to shop "uncollected only" and "usable only".

Plane Touched

Hey, everyone!

Sincerely,
    Tacitus.
    Tacitus,

Thank you for the update on this issue. Thank you for listening to the feedback given by your playerbase. Thank you for making a decision based on that feedback.

I am sorry that you feel as though you were forced to "eat crow" on this decision. I would hope for a more symbiotic relationship between the players and the developers. As has happened on many occasions the players have asked for things and the dev team has explained why that idea either isn't feasible or simply wouldn't work. Hopefully we can reach the same relationship the other way around. Where the dev team offers ideas of change and evaluates the feedback given before making a decision.

It shouldn't be about "I'm right and the players are wrong" or "We're right and the devs are wrong." Or even "This is the way it is and we don't care if the players like it."

It should be about trying to develop and continue the best game and community possible with the resources given. Something that is agreeable to the players while maintaining the employment of the dev team and the future of the game.

Thanks for your time,
    Neuro

Default Thank you for listening to the feedback!

We appreciate that you listened!
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here, again?~

Ascendant

Behold! here is Trion in 2018, listening to player's feedback, and reverting bad decisions. Maybe if you had started listening to your players a few years ago, you wouldn't have lost most of your loyal player base.

And please don't consider this post snarky, I'm honestly impressed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast