+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: UPDATE! Reversed! (was: Change coming to how appearance items are gained!)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cileriqao View Post
    but for example , if my mage gets a lv 68 BoE plate armor , and i dont have a warrior. Do i have to make a warrior alt , level it to 68 , send the armor to the warrior and equip it so my mage can get the skin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Yes, the BoE item would need to be equipped.
    So a warrior can get the wardrobe of any BoE item; while clerics are restricted to chain, leather, and cloth; rogues to leather and cloth; and mages to cloth only.

To me this sounds like some really bad flaw in the new system. If a mage can use a plate wardrobe appearance, why can't they learn that appearance from the plate item? There should at least be something like some context menu command to bind an item and get the appearance from it, no matter what your class and what the item is.

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    There should at least be something like some context menu command to bind an item and get the appearance from it, no matter what your class and what the item is.
    Considering I mostly play cloth-only classes, and really don't want to be forced to play a warrior alt just to harvest appearances, I would very much appreciate an option like this.

A Rift screenshot collection.

Watch me on Twitch

Wardrobes are obviously very important to many people. The implementation of the current wardrobe system is probably the single greatest QoL change that occurred in the game during the time I played it.

That said, with the new change to purposely restrict access to wardrobes, will you also be imposing the Prime equipment restrictions on warriors? Or will warriors continue, on Live, to be able to roll on every loot drop and be the only class which has potential access to collecting every appearance without alts? With these changes, group loot drops will be ‘needed’ for wardrobe and can no longer be passed around after the first person equips it to collect the appearance.

What is your plan to allow equal access to wardrobes for all classes?

WARDROBE DISCUSSION!!!

can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add a 'show uncollected appearances only' tick box on the rift store!

it is currently VERY difficult to see which items we still need to buy to complete our wardrobe collections..
    you are making it DIFFICULT for people to spend money on things they want!

we already have this feature on the auction house, which makes clothes shopping much much easier there.
    please put it on the rift store too, in both the equipment areas and the cosmetics area.
    currently anyone with some credits to spend on cosmetic bundles has to select each one individually and then mouseover each of the items in the bundle to see if they still need them!! it is LONG TEDIOUS work.. the list is very very long!
    please try to implement this tick box soon!

thank you muchly

Telaran

I agree, why take away something that people find fun and is such a big part of why we run old content etc? This will really change a lot more than just a few greedy people selling skins. This will affect guild banks, Guild costume events, couples matching if they want to, all sorts of things. And personally I think it will increase the cost of wardrobe items in AH , making it overall cost the community more than the greedy skin sellers do now, as well as denying them a lot of skin types if they do not have one of every class levelled, which is just cruel.

I also will definitely not be levelling a warrior just to get wardrobe. It is bad enough that we have to level an opposite class from our mains just to get the class fragments to move over because it is so badly skewed opposite class and tank heavy.

There have been a lot of taking away fun things while things that actually need fixing are left by the wayside and it just makes no sense at all. Games are supposed to be fun.... please stop taking away the fun stuff?
    Last edited by Daementia; 03-02-2018 at 04:40 AM.
    C is for Cookie.... that's good enough for me!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Wixen View Post
    This says it all. I for one have paid for a few wardrobe unlocks but mainly from events that will never be repeated like the Razer special items. I rarely even see anyone on the NA shards "selling" loads of wardrobe unlocks. TBPH I think this change is a very bad one and will cause a lot of turmoil. My guild has quite a few rare items we hold in our guild bank for our non raiding casual members should they want the wardrobe unlock. Now we will not be able to share these items with our members because of this change. There are so many other things that need to be "fixed" other than a wardrobe change. You might want to rethink your priorities on what gets fixed. There are a lot of people in your facebook news feed that talk about the reasons they don't return and although some of them are most likely trolls they make a good point. I enjoy this game but just like the reason I left World of Warcraft after 12 years I got tired of them removing things from the game. Please quit removing things for this game for the love of God.
    the reason you don't see the similar services on NA cuz most of the people doing it had already quitted the game
    Last edited by Cileriqao; 03-02-2018 at 11:43 AM.
    I have just achieved a sense of pride and accomplishment from not buying patron anymore

Telaran

From what I understand it has to do with the coming of Prime, where wardrobe is earned through game play, but not necessarily bought.

Changes for the wardrobe in Prime apparently have this impact on Live, which leads to this situation.

Another thought.. Like Seshatar posted... They formed a large community, sharing wardrobes and no doubt making the plat from it, for which people gladly paid.
    Plat for players, of which Trion does/did not get that much, which no doubt had an impact on wardrobe not selling in store (for plat, credits or w/e currency)

If Prime is pulling in a lot of players, that after a year go to Live, they will probably not have collected all the wardrobes yet.. and then there will be the Rift Shop to sell a lot of the wardrobe stuff for credits... for by then, the skin shop will have lost its functionality....

Shield of Telara

So guilds such as my own who have multiple guild tabs dedicated to rare items to share with people have been penalised. This was a communal thing to do at least with my guild. For example a random rare appeareance dropping in the world and popping it into guild bank to share with others. Just a nice thing really.

A bit of fun being removed from the game because of an apparent tiny part of the community being shady with it? I don't know at this point in time why you would make this change other than because... Prime. Will you make bundles etc drop in live then as well?

We haven't had any class balancing in close to a year, no new dungeons in over 10 months, little world content, no sign of guild updates, PA updates, fragment updates or crafting updates but we have time for this apparently. The mind boggles.
    Last edited by Balidin; 03-02-2018 at 07:22 AM.

What? Why?! Aide from all of the reasons this shouldn't have been done at all, how on Earth could this have possibly been prioritized over all of the other glaring issues with the game? IN what parallel world is this more important than addressing:
    • The pitiful lack of content
    • The STILL unreworked fragments
    • The fact that balance hasn't been done in a YEAR
    • All of the major bugs plaguing the game
    I mean, honestly, how is anyone supposed take development seriously at this point? It's like the team is actively avoiding trying to tackle the important issues. This is unacceptable on every level.
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.

Soulwalker

Thumbs down ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!??

This really sucks a lot!!!!!!!
    One of the bests features in this game will be removed.
    So, make it easier to achiev lvl 70, beacuse I only need to do Ashenfell in my cleric and i'm still 50% to get lvl 68. I sick of doing intrepid and I don't find people to do Expert Storm Legion. And still need to upgrade my mage from 65 and my warrior from 65, this if I want just to unlock wardrobe. I want to upgrade my Primalist to 70, but in wardrobe question it will be useless, since I have a lvl 70 rogue and the armors will be the same.
    PLEASE TRION, DON'T MAKE THIS!!!!! LOTS OF PEOPLE JUST PLAY FOR THE WARDROBE, THIS WILL CRUSH THEN.

I am another player who is incredibly disappointed by this change, as we have dedicated guild bank space to wardrobe items for players to share. I've said, in the past, that the changes to the wardrobe system were one of the most positive changes for players....and this change is disheartening.

If transfiguration baubles were the problem, they should have been removed (although there are fewer of those left since they no longer drop).

Please consider the feedback of the community on this change, and reconsider.

respectfully,
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    gm Hello Kitty
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here, again?~

Shield of Telara

If you want to implement this idea then please only implement it on prime and not on live.
    Last edited by Balidin; 03-02-2018 at 09:59 AM.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #43

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteDonkies View Post
    how on Earth could this have possibly been prioritized over all of the other glaring issues with the game? IN what parallel world is this more important than addressing: (snip)
    Whether you agree or disagree with the change, it had no impact on upcoming content or change releases. This was a very quick change to make on my end and did not take away time from development of souls/raids...etc as you and others have mentioned.
    Last edited by RoughRaptors; 03-02-2018 at 10:12 AM.
    Previously known as SupermanSocks

Telaran

We know that some folks are passing around highly desirable items to a large number of people, and in some cases even charging for it.
    This is not how the Wardrobe feature is intended to function, and the team has decided to bring this practice to a close, so that these items may regain their intrinsic, individual value.

This change is being brought in at this time due to the imminent launch of the Prime server, but will also apply to RIFT Live.
    The way I see it, it's just another sign of Trion not being able to oversee the consequences of QoL changes in the long run.

They create, implement and make people happy (sidekicking, mentoring, crafting xp, minions, wardrobe system) and in the long run find the consequences disturbing, interfering with other projects... and nerf the so appreciated QoL stuff

Some nerfs were needed, but maybe not as drastically as was done..
    Powerlevel was a bit too much, the nerf maybe too drastic
    Crafting XP.. that wasn't just a nerf, it was a removal.. and not the best decision imho
    Minions.. that nerf was needed to keep the economy alive for the farming community

Wardrobe system...
    bring back the transfiguration baubles for credits, Make it so people use the bauble, get the unlock.. and can sell the transfigured item.. which then needs to be equipped to get the wardrobe unlock. That way, 2 players can profit from the wardrobe unlock.

Or just make more wardrobe bundles drop in Live as well
    Last edited by Yvette; 03-02-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Whether you agree or disagree with the change, it had no impact on upcoming content or change releases. This was a very quick change to make on my end and did not take away time from development of souls/raids...etc as you and others have mentioned.
    I could be wrong and most Trion employees will say I am but this to me says we don't care if you like it or not. This is how it is going to be deal with it. Very sad indeed. From all that I have read this change is very not wanted and from the looks of it, we don't matter. I could be wrong and this change could be scrapped but over time of playing this game, it seems very unlikely that they will understand our point of view.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast