Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree112Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Prime Server Name Challenge - THE POLL IS CLOSED!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
    chances are the whole voting is rigged and not representing the most favored names of several players

the moment players know about the status of the vote, behavior changes..

they may no longer vote for what they would like to see, but vote for the next best thing, to prevent another name from becoming first.
    My rant about single-vote polls stands strong. People are voting for the best out of the two who have a chance to win at this point and not voting for their favorite name due to the spoiler effect from first past the post (FPTP). The people who didn't vote for either of the top two have much less power in determining the final outcome.

The top choice right now has 148 out of 673 votes, which is 22.0%. If this holds, the winning name will have not been chosen by 78.0% of the voters. And a lot of future Prime players don't even know about this poll. Let's just stick with FPTP though, right? You can either implement a multiple-vote poll or ask everyone to rank the choices in order of preference and then do instant-runoff voting after all votes have been cast. Probably shouldn't show the results right after voting too.

/halfjoking

Actually the long rant about single-vote polls is a copy-paste of an email that someone else sent to a group about a vote for apples. I guess I wanted to spread it like a meme whenever it's relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Hey there. We are just asking people's opinions on a shard name. The Devs narrowed it down to ten top choices that they'd be delighted with among the many nominations and we wanted to give folks a further chance to weigh in. We know this is not the premier statistical choice, but hey... it's for fun.
    That's true. I would say the server name is not that important. Shard names have been pretty random anyway with no say from players. Also, since there is only one shard, the only time we would see the name is at the character select screen. People are probably just going to call it "Prime" anyway.
    Last edited by Battleslash; 02-28-2018 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Updating votes for top choice

Telaran

so you return to rift, download the thing, ready for prime.. you click the dropdown and see NA, EU, PTS and Wintercharm..

first question on the forums... hey guys.. how do i get into prime?

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

you click the dropdown and see NA, EU, PTS and Wintercharm
    I'd be guessing it would say NA, EU, PTS, Prime in the drop down menu, then when you log on you'll see the shard list with just the one shard, same as now when you log into NA or EU and see the shard list, just that Prime will have one....

Or, it could have it's own Tab on Glyph so you'd see Rift - Rift Prime - Defiance - ArcheAge etc on the left menu.

They might reveal all on the Live stream tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Oh heck no to postponement. The server name has to be chosen quickly because it launches on March 7!

That soon holy cow. I thought it was at least 6 months away goes to show how much I paid attention

Telaran

Trion made the anouncement for Rift livestream..

and yes.. they changed the name from Rift Prime Server Name challenge to prime shard name

guess trion has some issues defining shard and server...

but as goes, with less than 2 hours to go before the poll closes..

wintercharm @ 160 and meridian @ 142

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #66
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

so you return to rift, download the thing, ready for prime.. you click the dropdown and see NA, EU, PTS and Wintercharm..
    first question on the forums... hey guys.. how do i get into prime?
    What will appear on Glyph, on the left side of the menu, where all Trion games are listed:
    RIFT
    RIFT Prime

As long as you have RIFT updated, RIFT Prime will work. There is no separate patch required and both NA and EU play on the same RIFT Prime server.

Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 02-28-2018 at 11:32 PM.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #67
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

And the poll is now closed.

Remember, this is the FIRST server for RIFT Prime. If it goes well, there will be more in future!
    Thank you again for taking part, I am going to close this thread now.
    ;-)#
    Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 03-01-2018 at 12:03 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5