Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Prime Server Name Challenge - THE POLL IS CLOSED!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Hey Yvette! LOVE the detailed opinions!

As mentioned above, vote for the name YOU prefer most. We offered 100% more player participation in this one than with the original RIFT servers... every one of those choices were nominated by our fellow players, many of them multiple times (including Usukhel, who is dying to meet you, I am sure, hehe!).

Did you end up voting for Vigil?
    Brasse

I didn't vote for Vigil..
    I think the name for the server should bring back sweet memories from the old days.. Vigil may be a good name in its meaning/lorewise, but it doesn't really trigger any memories towards activities ingame.

As for WinterCharm.. no offense meant and certainly don't want to hurt people.. But seriously, putting a name of a real person who died recently on a structure you know will be destroyed after a year... I wouldn't want that for anybody
    And with all respect for those who proposed her name.. Would you have done so if she hadn't died recently and if there had not been a dev tribute made public on the forum?

For with playernames, I can mention a couple of other names wellknown, who didn't get a mention in the thread.. Slipmat, Boase, Clowd, and many more who did contribute a lot to game, forum guides over the years...

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Hey there. We are just asking people's opinions on a shard name. The Devs narrowed it down to ten top choices that they'd be delighted with among the many nominations and we wanted to give folks a further chance to weigh in. We know this is not the premier statistical choice, but hey... it's for fun.

yet the winning name will be announced in Fridays LiveStream.. so for fun, but we make it official and last for a year...
    Last edited by Yvette; 02-27-2018 at 10:30 AM.

#TeamOrphiel

(and also, booooo to the fact that some of the choices have already been server names in the past....)
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

Rift Disciple

I have to agree with the others in regard to the name Wintercharm.

My condolences to all those that miss her dearly and the tribute done for her was nice. I don't want to offend. But what about all the other players that have passed, and sadly, those that will pass in the future? Are they any less insignificant than her to those lives they have touched?

I think a better tribute that would be all inclusive would be a special spot in game for their memory or maybe an artifact set called the Fallen heroes of Telara that can be a permanent spot in the game.

Telaran

If I were a returning player and not following the threads, just read up on mmorpg or something similar and buy the promo pack on store, waiting for the day to start..

And I would see meridian as server... I'd probably be startled.. maybe thinking I did something wrong or something went wrong with the servers, expecting meridian to be a defiant server and a bug causing sanctum server for guardians to not be up...

And I would see Wintercharm as server.. I'd probably be confused, thinking I was trying to log into another game Trion released...
    Last edited by Yvette; 02-27-2018 at 11:14 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

I voted Mathosia, simple, direct and non Faction biased.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I voted Mathosia, simple, direct and non Faction biased.
    ......aren't Mathosians Guardians?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ketesh View Post
    Mathosia is the name of the first continent
    :: Natia@Zaviel :: Rogue :: Stuffs cleared ::

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daementia View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what of all the other Rift players that have passed away before? I know when I started playing that a lady in my first guild passed away from cancer. I know another player whose wife passed and I am sure there were more than just those 2 in the 7 years, across EU and NA shards.
    This is a painful factor of online life for so many of us, Daementia. We all know wonderful people who played alongside us, and then passed on. For many, worlds like Telara are an escape from chronic illness and pain. They continue in our memories.

It is not often when a player is memorialized officially in any game. It's usually when they made a contribution to the game directly, as Wintercharm did for the Dimensioneering aspect of RIFT.

I've always thought that Guilds and even individual players should have a way to set up memorials for fallen comrades, within dimensions. I just posed that question to Dev, who have also lost a great many friends over the years... no promises, just an inquiry to see what we may be able to make happen.
    Brasse

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ketesh View Post

When you create a character, you choose either defiant or guardian. Depending on your choice, you start in a faction based tutorial. When you leave the tutorial, you enter Mathosia at your factions side of the bridge.

When you click the world map, you will see the names of the maps/continents available..

Mathosia (+Ember Isle) is the first map..

There's really no way to say this without coming off as heartless. BUT.... I don't even know who wintercharm is. She already got an NPC and I understand she did dimensions. Is this a dimension only server? I'm feeling strongly that it's been touted as a more hardcore type server... which dimensioneering is not. It feels a little misplaced if you ask me. What's been done already was plenty respectful and nice. I'm sure she appreciated it.

Should have just named the server Prime and called it good.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I also agree with calling a server after someone so many of us genuinely love but for different reasons. Miss her like crazy wish she was coming with us because I know she would be there with bells on. I don't want to be reminded that she isn't every day I log in.

Love her, miss her.

At the other end of the scale I also don't want to log in to a server that's called Meridian. No offense but this list was very heavily Defiant friendly and Atlas Reactor friendly. Come on surely there was a classier way to make this decision?

It is very easy for someone to rig this vote and as tempting as it is to bend it in Greenscales favor that's not my style

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I also agree with calling a server after someone so many of us genuinely love but for different reasons. Miss her like crazy wish she was coming with us because I know she would be there with bells on. I don't want to be reminded that she isn't every day I log in.

Love her, miss her.

At the other end of the scale I also don't want to log in to a server that's called Meridian. No offense but this list was very heavily Defiant friendly and Atlas Reactor friendly. Come on surely there was a classier way to make this decision?

It is very easy for someone to rig this vote and as tempting as it is to bend it in Greenscales favor that's not my style
    Well said!
    Please come join our community

Click Here <O└d Skool>Click Here

Telaran

What if...

server name is what we see in the drop down.. and once we select that we see the shard names..

In the dropdown we see Prime..
    In the list of shards we see one or more of the names proposed

That way, you could accomodate many of the names proposed..

Dimension based Prime shard named Wintercharm
    PvP events based Prime shard name Port Scion (warfronts, conquests)
    Instance based Prime shard named Greenscale
    Open world based Prime shard for level 1-50 named Mathosia
    Open world based Prime shard for level 1-70 named Orphiel
    World Event based Prime shard for any level named Atrophinius
    PvP Open world based Prime shards for any level Meridian for defiants and Sanctum for guardians, with autoflag except maybe for silverwood/freemarch (open world pvp, Skirmish zone events, PvP dailies/quests, raiding Sanctum/Meridian, pvp rifts...)
    Last edited by Yvette; 02-27-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Soulwalker

Default RIFT Prime Server Name Challenge!

Our guidelines are simple:
    The name should be in keeping with the world of Telara... that's a wide open field!

Under your guidelines for the challenge, the name WinterCharm should not even be in the running. WinterCharm has already been honored and memorialized.

I'm actually unable to vote on both of my accounts. It seems the poll is locked to url or account or something, because I voted once and can't vote on my other account. Kinda frustrating.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast