Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Official discussion thread] RIFT PRIME: Coming March 7th!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default [Official discussion thread] RIFT PRIME: Coming March 7th!

RIFT PRIME LAUNCH: March 7

RIFT PRIME FAQ

On our Livestream this week, we will have a Q&A with RIFT Dev!
    We'll draw questions from this thread.
    ~Brasse

RIFT Fan Site Operator

All in, lets go!

PS) I almost cried thinking that tiger mount was the now obsolete pvp armored mounts but no bueno, it would be nice to see them.

Good luck with Prime team.

is there going to be some sort of test shard for this before it goes out?

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

There is no test shard for Prime.

We've been playing on it internally, and it's been a lot of fun. We can hardly wait to share it with you all (and yes, our characters will be wiped before we open it up, hehe).

Soulwalker

EU server?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Q: Will there be a separate RIFT Prime forum & will these ones be cleaned up of stickied posts that are no longer relevant? I imagine there will be a lot of "newcomer" style questions or people searching for class info etc - are the preset souls being updated at all or going with current ones with no primalist?

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Lompak: EU server?
    There is only ONE Prime server at this time. Further servers (such as an EU server) may be considered if this goes well.

Kiwi: Q: Will there be a separate RIFT Prime forum, etc.
    There WILL be a separate section of the forums for RIFT Prime. It will be gated to Patron only, just like the Prime server itself. I really do need to do some spring cleaning on these forums too, thanks for the reminder. The question of preset souls is added to my Livestream Q&A list!

Since Rift Prime gives me access to all souls, what if a player has a soul on Rift Prime, but not on Live, then transfers that character to Live at the end of Prime? Will they get to continue using those souls, or will they have to buy them again?

Example: a player has never bought a paid for soul, but plays Prime and unlocks and uses the Mystic Archer soul as a mage. When prime ends, and they transfer their character to live, will they keep that soul, or will they have to buy it again?

Will level 50 expert dungeons be split into difficulty tiers as they were at launch?
    What raids will be made available at the launch of Prime?
    What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    How will we distribute the 15-day patron vouchers that come with the Primogenitor pack? in-game, e-mail, code to apply to an account?
    What is the extent of the health/damage changes that are required to rebalance level 50 content for Prime?
    Is the team looking for a difficulty similar to launch with balancing? Or something slightly easier?
    Is the team hoping for players to race to progress in older content?
    Are there unique Prime only rewards that are planned for us to bring to live servers after Prime ends?
    Will Prime still support the concept of "Get gear according to your level for a dungeon, and not for the dungeon's level"?
    What speed will the Primogenitor pack mount be?
    Last edited by Clowd; 02-21-2018 at 09:47 AM.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Awesome sauce, a lot sooner than i expected, just one question, Guild names and char names can be 'reserved' or is it a free for all?

Ascendant

Q: Since Prime is based on the current live version, will there be fragments in Prime?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default OH EM GEE

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    There WILL be a separate section of the forums for RIFT Prime. It will be gated to Patron only, just like the Prime server itself. I really do need to do some spring cleaning on these forums too, thanks for the reminder. The question of preset souls is added to my Livestream Q&A list!
    Fanfreakingtastic.

Edit:

...you will be able to transfer your Prime character to a Live server.
    Great news I know this will please a few that have shown interest and worried about this part.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 02-21-2018 at 09:11 AM.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Slipmat: Guild names and char names can be 'reserved' or is it a free for all?
    Totally unreserved free-for-all. I'd call in sick to make sure I can log in and get my name, but ya know... my bosses here would know, hehe.

Elayara: Since Prime is based on the current live version, will there be fragments in Prime?
    We'll definitely talk about fragments on the Livestream.

Clowd: ...eleventy-seven questions...
    Good gravy. Have you been saving these in a vast tome? Added to the Livestream Q&A!
    Also, please specify whether African, European or North American swallow - we can't answer vague generalizations! :P

Will the RIFT Prime server be supported by the zone event API? If not currently planned, how do I get that on someone's list? As you guys saw during Fae Yule, players want a way to see the current state of zone events (in particular when they are no longer running) in a much more convenient manner than the in-game Events channel and map.
    If/when this is set up, is there any way I (we) can get the API endpoint, if different, and the shard ID before launch, so I don't have to scramble on launch day?

Soulwalker

Are german and french clients supported?

1. Since prime will be level 50 only, will players able to access certain key raid cooldowns like flaring power, orchestra of planes etc?
    2. Will raids available on launch or will they be unlocked after certain time?
    3. Will gearing progress same as classic times or new armors with upgrade paths requiring certain amount of kills etc show up?
    4. Will we getting same old currencies from classic times or will there be a new ones?
    5. Will expert rifts from classic times gonna be relevant or not?
    6. Certain raid rifts needed notoriety and corrupted souls etc, will it gonna stay same? If yes how is notoriety gaining gonna happen?
    7. Since players are not able to make more than 3 professions they choose, will we have faster respawn time on resource nodes?
    8. Since dreamweaver introduced on NMT, Will we get it as profession as well?
    9. Salvaging items was key feature for crafters on classic times, will we get it back?
    10. Since we gonna have pvp like classic times, are you guys bringing back vengeance and valor back as well? If not what kind of pvp itemization will we have?
    11. Since chronicles added after long time passed on classic. Are we gonna get certain chronicles on launch?
    12. Are we going to see warriors rolling over leather gear like classic times or stat coefficiency gonna be same as live?
    13. If stats coefficiency gonna same as live, where will players gain crit power? Since it is released on storm legion, are we gonna get new raid drops?
    14. Since gsb and runic descent (not sure if it was as expert dungeon) still dropping trinkets with parry proc.
      Will parrying come back as tanking stat or no?
    15. Will ember isle gonna be enabled on launch or are we gonna get it later?
    16. How will you prevent players passing to PTW over droughtlands etc? Is it gonna be totally disabled zone?
    17. Since prime is gonna take a year to reset, are we gonna get all expansions available till the day?
    18. How fast it will be to gain planar attunement levels?
    19. Whats going to be max guild level?
    20. How fast it will be to level up guilds?
    21. Will sigils gonna available as guild perk?
    22. Since we are going to get drops for our level no matter which content you clearing, are we gonna get IRC like feature or what kind of lockout will we get for this?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by aileen; 02-21-2018 at 09:40 AM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast