Closed Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Official discussion thread] RIFT PRIME: Coming March 7th!

Plane Touched

What will the starting level brackets be for the warfronts? I loaded up live to see that they are all 50-59, I assume on Prime they will have lower level brackets like they used to?

Shadowlander

On the live stream it was stated that, instead of being rolled out with the related content, additional souls would be purchased with (at the moment) planarite. Will this be for *all* additional souls at once, or will it be somehow time/rep gated to still be in order? Using rogue as an example, will I be able to purchase an unlock for Physician as soon as I have enough resources or will I be required to get Tactician first? (Similarly, Defiler/Oracle, Harbinger/Frostkeeper, etc.) Thanks for any clarification; this is pretty important to me!

Soulwalker

no eu server?!
    really ?!!

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #124
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Videssian View Post
    Brasse, I want to make sure I understood how wardrobes work based on what was said in the livestream:

Items have to be equipped to be put into your wardrobe collection. Equipping makes an item soulbound. Many items that would be soulbound on Live are now Bind on Equip on Prime. Mages can only equip Cloth. Rogues can only equip Leather. Clerics can only equip Chain, and Warriors can only equip Plate. (similar sort of thing for weapons).

Is this correct? If so, it's definitely going to restrict your wardrobe for your toons some, since you'll only be able to make toons of 2 of the 4 possible callings.
    Ok so here's how it goes:
    If it is a Soubound or Account Bound item, you don't have to equip it. It's clearly going to only be used by your account.
    If it is a Bind on Equip item, you will need to equip it on one of your characters, to unlock it for your account.
    If you take a soulbound quest reward that is not equippable by your class, it will still unlock for your account.

The Dev team is trying to move away from is the trivialization of wardrobe items, wherein people pass a single item around to dozens of other players. This decreases the inherent prestige and marketplace value of these items.

Brasse

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #125

Quote Originally Posted by yolomancer View Post
    no eu server?!
    really ?!!
    RIFT Prime is an experiment, and this is step one to see how it goes.
    We are hosting a single server for this round; EU/NA folks will all play together. At the end of the cycle, players can choose whether to transfer to EU or NA servers.

Brasse

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #126
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Videssian View Post
    Is this correct?
    Yes. Well basically - if it is already soulbound or account bound for any reason, it is also unlocked, even if not physically equipped. So if your warror chooses a cloth quest reward because you like the look, you get that look.

If so, it's definitely going to restrict your wardrobe for your toons some, since you'll only be able to make toons of 2 of the 4 possible callings.
    Not as much as you might think - Wardrobe bundles will be dropping from dungeon bosses, and those bundles will be tradeable or sellable (auction house). Plus there will be other avenues for various wardrobe unlocks for in-game activities or in-game currencies.

*edit* to add: Brasse was faster than me!
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 02-23-2018 at 01:28 PM.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Maybe it's been asked already or not, but I don't really want to go through every post. I apologize if this turns some people off(yes, lazy blah blah).

Is Trion squishing some of the LEGENDARY bugs present during chocolate rift? Or is Trion just literally copypasting stuff to a server and yolo'ing/honor system?

I'm actually pretty excited to play this most glorious version of Rift.
    Last edited by intrinsc; 02-23-2018 at 01:30 PM.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #128

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Is Trion squishing some of the LEGENDARY bugs present during chocolate rift? Or is Trion just literally copypasting stuff to a server and yolo'ing/honor system?
    What bugs are you referring to? I can't research 'em if I don't know what I'm looking for, hehe.
    ;-)#

Quote Originally Posted by Nuum View Post
    What will the starting level brackets be for the warfronts? I loaded up live to see that they are all 50-59, I assume on Prime they will have lower level brackets like they used to?
    This tells me your char is somewhere between level 50 and 59.

My level 65 sees the warfronts (except random) in the level bracket 65-70

On live, it is scaled to your level ;)

Quote Originally Posted by soonjung View Post
    On the live stream it was stated that, instead of being rolled out with the related content, additional souls would be purchased with (at the moment) planarite. Will this be for *all* additional souls at once, or will it be somehow time/rep gated to still be in order? Using rogue as an example, will I be able to purchase an unlock for Physician as soon as I have enough resources or will I be required to get Tactician first? (Similarly, Defiler/Oracle, Harbinger/Frostkeeper, etc.) Thanks for any clarification; this is pretty important to me!
    As stated in the information somewhere, souls are unlocked through playing and earned.
    The most logical way in this would be :
    the Storm Legion souls from SL when you reach level 48 or 50, the level it takes to quest there
    The nightmare tide souls from NT when you reach level 58/60, the level it took/takes to quest in Nightmare Tide.
    Primalist, if/when unlocked on Prime, when you reach level 65.

I could be wrong, Trion could decide otherwise.. and maybe it is up to how Prime develops, how fast players level in the beginning and what is needed to unlock these roles (and if players are willing/able to do this)
    As for the unlocking.. I doubt it would require unlocking SL souls before being able to unlock NT souls.. Why bother with unlocking souls from 1 pack if the callings you play benefit more from the souls of another soulpack....
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-23-2018 at 02:19 PM.

How do the souls look, have they being organised for Level 50 with Tiers 8 and 9 disabled and
    other lower Talents removed to make 51 points fill the whole soul?

Examples:
    Pyromancer
    Is Heat Wave the top ability you can spec in at Level 50 or is it Flame Volley.

Elementalist
    Is Intensify Elements the top ability or is it Elemental Burst.

Because I saw on Twitch stream Dead Simon was using Elementalist and he was using Intensify Elements even though his character was only Level 42, so at Level 50 could you be spending 51 points in Elementalist to look like this https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#hkGE1lkBkF0/ ?

Haven't levelled in a long time so I can't recall if there level restrictions for Tiers.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 02-23-2018 at 02:20 PM.

that's an easy one.. intensify elements is in the upper half of the soultree.

You need 40 points spent in elementalist to reach the top icon.. how you spready your points in between is up to you, with the only restriction that you need to spend 5 in every row to get to the next row.

So yes, level 42 can spend points in soultree to get intensity elements ability

The rule for spending points in soultree...
    upto level 50, you could spend as many points in one tree as your level was.
    At level 50, you could spend an extra point in your main soultree (51 total)

you got 1 point per level and 1 bonus point every 3 levels that you could spend in other souls.
    you could also go hybrid and not spend max points in one soul but spread all points over 2 or 3 souls in your build.

So level 42 should roughly have some 55 soulpoints to spend.

At level 50, you had 66 soul points to spend.
    From level 50 to 60, you had in the end 76 soul points to spend (+1 per level gained)
    From level 60 to 65, you got 5 mastery points (1 per level)
    From level 65 to 70, you got 5 legendary points (+1 per level, 3max in one soultree)
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-23-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    As stated in the information somewhere, souls are unlocked through playing and earned.
    The most logical way in this would be :
    the Storm Legion souls from SL when you reach level 48 or 50, the level it takes to quest there
    The nightmare tide souls from NT when you reach level 58/60, the level it took/takes to quest in Nightmare Tide.
    Primalist, if/when unlocked on Prime, when you reach level 65.

I could be wrong, Trion could decide otherwise.. and maybe it is up to how Prime develops, how fast players level in the beginning and what is needed to unlock these roles (and if players are willing/able to do this)
    As for the unlocking.. I doubt it would require unlocking SL souls before being able to unlock NT souls.. Why bother with unlocking souls from 1 pack if the callings you play benefit more from the souls of another soulpack....
    I understand your speculation. I wish we could get true confirmation on the availability of additional souls. I think we all assumed they would be rolled out with the relevant content patch, but then Brasse confirmed here and in the stream that it would be a currency purchase instead, which opens up my additional questions. (They also confirmed NO Primalist on Prime.)

As a healer in Vanilla, and now with starting souls on Prime, you were limited to Cleric and Mage. I was happily planning on making one of those as I assumed they would be the only healer options for weeks, if not months. If other souls open up at or shortly after "capping" (level 50, for now), though, I'd probably choose differently. Would love to get official word on this before launch!

Ascendant

Watched the livestream and a couple things caught me. They turned up the rift and event frequency and hopefully they got rid of the debuff on invasions as well (designed to make it easy to take back quest hubs if taken over). Those are very good things. And I think primarily for that reason I'm in on this. I do hope they get the world events up. River of Souls would be nice but I really want Waves of Madness. Never had more fun in an MMO (except the old DAOC days) then during Waves of Madness.

My main issue was the death of the characters. So even if they go to live, at least they aren't lost. So while its maybe not the best solution. Its about the best I could have hoped for. Still have some concerns about builds for souls with how the ability trees look on live. Some souls seem like they might be completely useless at level 50. But enough of my concerns were addressed that I'm willing to give this a shot. Its not going to recapture the magic, but even if it captures half of the magic, its worth the investment.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Soulwalker

How will new content/raids unlock? Will it be time-locked, player voted, or just decided by whenever by the Devs?

Will the Vanilla raids (Greenscale, River of Souls, Hammerknell) be 10 man or 20 man?

To me, the most logical follow up would be

start. 8 souls, level cap 50, mainland only
    Ember Isle unlocked first

Storm Legion, together with the souls from Storm Legion
    Dendrome .. not sure.. since that was unlocked later than the other parts of Storm Legion

Nightmare Tide with the Dream souls that came with Nightmare Tide
    Tyrant's throne
    Plane Touched Wilds (without primalist)

Prophecy of Ahnket
    The Ascended souls with one of the last 3 unlocks.

it would seem strange to make souls, that came in game after level 60, available from the start
    It would/shouldn't matter much for the soultree, as long as points spendable at level 50 don't go over the 51 max per soultree (one has 66 soulpoints at level 50)

And I seem to recall, that it was mentioned that people could unlock content and souls when having reached the level for it...

found this somewhere in the thread....

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    One final note: answers given here are based on the best and latest info I have to hand, but I have to throw out the caveat that the details are subject to change, the FAQ is an evolving document, and some details may (or must) change before we get to Prime launch. I plan to update the FAQ after we lock down more information, early next week!

Here's an example that I got JUST NOW:
    The souls originally released at the time of Storm Legion and Nightmare Tide?
    They are set up to be unlocked through gameplay that is not timelocked; that is, gained through planarite, notoriety, etc. This is actually pretty cool.

Brasse
    Which would indicate available from the start, but it would depend on how long it takes a player to gain the planarite, rep and perhaps other requirements
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-23-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast