Closed Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Official discussion thread] RIFT PRIME: Coming March 7th!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrith View Post
    Somehow, I don't think we'll ever see *that* boss on a live shard
    It would be a shame, the watered down version we got on Live was a bit of a let down so hopefully with the improvements made to the Engine since, multi-core, 64-bit etc, they might give us something like it back.

In case anyone is wondering what us two old fogies are talking about, here's how it played out on the PTS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0q6iKjR_Ds

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    The souls originally released at the time of Storm Legion and Nightmare Tide?
    They are set up to be unlocked through gameplay that is not timelocked; that is, gained through planarite, notoriety, etc. This is actually pretty cool.

Brasse
    So those who rush farm will get these souls before other players can? And you call it a good thing? Massive imbalance incoming. And elitism because those without them will be left behind in groups.

Souls should be locked behind a release stage and level increase (as they were on Live when first released) and access given to all players at the same time. Otherwise you kill the essence of a subscription only system, and come back to the same problems cash shop causes.
    I was thinking Prime would be a subscription system in the old way, but what I read here seems to lead to a new massive mandatory farm. Not for gear, but for gameplay itself.
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 02-23-2018 at 01:41 AM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, à la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Found some more questions!

1.) How will the special world events play out that we all loved back then? Like River of Souls, etc??? I would love sooooo much to witness those again?

2. How is the difficulty level of open world mobs/dungeon bosses/raids going to be? Cause currently in live they are very sad and more like a piñata being cracked open then any real challenge. There hasn't been any really difficult areas in such a long time. Please please bring back the old events, and make things more difficult so we actually feel like we're accomplishing something noteworthy in the game. Especially if it's a progression server...

3.) On that note, what about gear stats and abilities? Nowadays the gear looks so very different then it did back then. It was darker, more mute, more "ugly" like in appearance, and it was more limited. Is it going back to that? I'm saying this because I'm actually hoping for it. I liked having to go fishing (not literally, but wandering around looking for the good stuff) for upgradable gear rather then logging in and finding a BoA legendary quality item to snugly fit onto my lvl 18 mage. Gear wasn't like that...you had to actually care about the rep that each zone had, and when you got high enough, you bought the upgrade armor/weapon, or the recipe to make said armor/weapon.

4.) Also on that note, what about dyes? Dyes are all massively unlocked now on the cash shop, but back then that was NOT the way. You crafted dyes, or found them on merchants. You did NOT pay real money to get unique and pretty dyes. Are we going to get that system back?

5.) What about the massive zone events that took over the entire zone and forced players in that zone into a cohesive unit, all united under the cause of purging the world of planar invaders otherwise they would destroy all our questhubs and attacks our cities, carrying off our fair dwarf maidens. (See what I did there hehe?) Can we please (I'm seriously begging you) bring back those large scale rare zone events again!!!!! They were so fun! I know it was sometimes frustrating and troublesome that they would dominate a zone, but that was also part of the fun! The challenge of it!

6.) And about the Rifts. They are the core part of the game obviously, the game is called RIFT for a reason after all....what about all those unique and amazing, cool old rifts that are no longer relevant? The raid rifts, pvp rifts, story rifts, etc. Are those coming back as well???? Because that's what made the vanilla Rift experience so memorable for me. Doing raid rifts and crazy world zone event rifts with my guildies and friends. <3

I think that's it for now, thanks!
    ~Raeslyn

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Raeslyn View Post
    1.) How will the special world events play out that we all loved back then? Like River of Souls, etc??? I would love sooooo much to witness those again?

I think they said they want to reproduce the old opening events like from RoS or HK,
    lets hope they will make it ;))

2. How is the difficulty level of open world mobs/dungeon bosses/raids going to be?

I also hope its gonna be hard. If you think about it, when you only have lvl 50 blue or green gear it could be really hard and I hope thats the case. I hope classes are balanced so we dont do too much dps to rofl through everything

3.) On that note, what about gear stats and abilities? Nowadays the gear looks so very different then it did back then. It was darker, more mute, more "ugly" like in appearance, and it was more limited. Is it going back to that? I'm saying this because I'm actually hoping for it.

I think this will be the case. We will start from scratch and we have to earn everything ourselves like old dungeon gear, old pvp gear from vendors, random drops etc, yes we will look ugly and thats GREAT!

4.) Also on that note, what about dyes? Dyes are all massively unlocked now on the cash shop, but back then that was NOT the way. You crafted dyes, or found them on merchants. You did NOT pay real money to get unique and pretty dyes. Are we going to get that system back?

I think and I hope that we have the ability to get the dyes from Apothecary. Also I hope we can buy and sell them at the auction house or something. So that not everyone is walking around in shiny white armour

5.) What about the massive zone events that took over the entire zone and forced players in that zone into a cohesive unit, all united under the cause of purging the world of planar invaders otherwise they would destroy all our questhubs and attacks our cities, carrying off our fair dwarf maidens. (See what I did there hehe?) Can we please (I'm seriously begging you) bring back those large scale rare zone events again!!!!! They were so fun! I know it was sometimes frustrating and troublesome that they would dominate a zone, but that was also part of the fun! The challenge of it!

Agreed. Hope it plays out this way. I mean rifts system should scale invasions/events/rifts to the amount of players in the zone, so when the server starts and everything is full with players I expect to see some really big *** events going on there ;)

6.) And about the Rifts. They are the core part of the game obviously, the game is called RIFT for a reason after all....what about all those unique and amazing, cool old rifts that are no longer relevant? The raid rifts, pvp rifts, story rifts, etc. Are those coming back as well????

PvP Rifts wont return. But I hope normal rifts and raidrifts will get relevant again.
    Like farming resistance essences, or just farming the hard rifts in shimmersand with a raid for money and mats, it was cool.
    Thoughts in Red ;)
    Guild Leader
    - Akatsuki -
    @PRIME

My two most important questions in considering returning to Rift via Prime are:

1. Will planar fragments exist on Prime?

2. Will the old pre-raid release world events like River of Souls be happening?

To my second question I have already seen the answer, ‘We want to,’ but does that mean, ‘Yes, that is our intention and we are actively working towards it,’ or ‘No, we wish we could but we realize it is not possible.’
    I didn’t get tired of Rift - I got tired of being lied to.

Soulwalker

I haven't seen this asked, sorry if I missed it:

Will the daily login reward and the daily gift int he store be available on Prime? If not, it'd mean logging into a toon on the regular server daily in addition to playing on Prime. Just curious.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #112
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raeslyn View Post
    There is not getting the old system "back" because it never went away. You can jump on Live right now and craft those dyes just as you always did, and you will be able to do so on Prime as well.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #113
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spleeter View Post
    Will the daily login reward and the daily gift int he store be available on Prime? If not, it'd mean logging into a toon on the regular server daily in addition to playing on Prime.
    There will be a login calendar on Prime, but it will have different contents.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    There is not getting the old system "back" because it never went away. You can jump on Live right now and craft those dyes just as you always did, and you will be able to do so on Prime as well.
    *Cries into her bucket*

Edit: Will we have the new wardrobe system from day one?

Question:I don't really want to pay cash for dyes (etc) I already own, will the bucket and celestial dyes be available on the store individually with a platinum/gold price also?

Question: Would it be a cool idea to add a limited number of the latest dyes currently available on the store to the login calendar for prime? (Assuming there will be a calendar, will there?)

Question: How/will minion dimension items be available on Rift Prime? Can some of these be added to the daily login? Will dimension fishing rewards in each original zone be the same or can these have items added to that loot table?

Question: Will Stans Lure be a thing to attain later on Rift Prime?

TLDR Question: Will there be extra ways to get Dimension items other than the store for items we get in ways that won't be on Prime?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 02-23-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Soulwalker

I bought the Primogenitor Pack and it won't start my patron til prime launches, is there anyway to start it now so i can use that on the live servers? I also should have gotten the two codes, but i can't find them. any help would be great thank you!

EDIT: found the codes.
    Last edited by Kurdah; 02-23-2018 at 07:27 AM.

Soulwalker

Not panicking yet, but the more info I'm getting, the more disappointing this entire prime-thing looks to me.
    I'm afraid it's going to be a massive fail..

Seems they don't want to put any effort into this project. Giving us a current live version, just with level restrictions...
    And leave alone all these possible problems with the soul balance, as a raider I'm much more worried about trivialized raid content, which can and will be face rolled.
    Just think about it for a moment. If we're getting a live build, this means we're getting all the bosses from previous expansions nerfed into oblivion.
    Take Akylios, for example, I remember how many guilds was unable to defeat this encounter in its pre-nerfed state and most of them killed him with ease right after the waves nerf.
    And it will not be original challenging vanilla's Greenscale, it will be already nerfed Greenscale. Same goes for many many others bosses...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by KirikaNW View Post
    Not panicking yet, but the more info I'm getting, the more disappointing this entire prime-thing looks to me.
    I'm afraid it's going to be a massive fail..

Seems they don't want to put any effort into this project. Giving us a current live version, just with level restrictions...
    And leave alone all these possible problems with the soul balance, as a raider I'm much more worried about trivialized raid content, which can and will be face rolled.
    Just think about it for a moment. If we're getting a live build, this means we're getting all the bosses from previous expansions nerfed into oblivion.
    Take Akylios, for example, I remember how many guilds was unable to defeat this encounter in its pre-nerfed state and most of them killed him with ease right after the waves nerf.
    And it will not be original challenging vanilla's Greenscale, it will be already nerfed Greenscale. Same goes for many many others bosses...
    I also have serious concerns it will be a watered down mess. The only thing we can do is hope that it generates enough popularity that they consider investing in a true classic experience some time in the future. I will probably sub for a month as I am desperate for anything that resembles what Rift used to be but probably won't continue beyond that unless I am wrong about a number of assumptions. Not the least of which being that the raid bosses will be such a joke that you won't feel any kind of achievement in killing them. I really do hope I am wrong.

On a side note: I truly believe that making all souls unlockable in level 50 content is extremely short sided. Concentrate your efforts on balancing the level 50 souls to level 50 bosses. You won't have to worry about expansion souls during this time. As the expansions unlock, you will have that time to prep each soul for the associated content. I don't think a single person would disagree that regardless of when the souls become unlockable, balance is extremely important to the success of the server. I guess the number crunchers decided that the amount of additional players they would gain due to proper balancing wouldn't be worth the investment it would take to properly balance each boss/soul which I understand is no small task. From the player perspective, it sucks. But I also understand that it is a business.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #118
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

RIghto, folks... it's almost time for the stream!
    I've put in as many of the later questions as I can... tune in soon!

https://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

We start at 11:30 AM PT! (19:30 UTC)
    Brasse

Default It sounds fun actually

I dropped out some time ago, tried to come back, only to find they'd added like 20 levels to grind through to catch up to everyone else. It was disheartening. I could barely remember how to play, let alone try and figure out all the changes to abilities, and I just was trying to figure out what any of them did! It was just overload for a returning player. I wouldn't mind starting from scratch and leveling through the content again. If I get bored, I can play live and take my time re-acquainting myself with my old toons without "try hards" crying that I'm not doing it right. Throw in that there are no free to play toons, it's all good for me. If it's not for you, I get it, but no one is forcing you to. I might give this a whirl. If I don't like it I can quit and move on to something else. No harm done. I've spent $30 on way worse things than this. At least with this I have a good idea what I'm getting.
    Thundersson- 60 Rogue,
    Raverstyx- 60 Mage
    Tharpe- 60 Warrior
    Faeblight server

Plane Touched

Brasse, I want to make sure I understood how wardrobes work based on what was said in the livestream:

Items have to be equipped to be put into your wardrobe collection. Equipping makes an item soulbound. Many items that would be soulbound on Live are now Bind on Equip on Prime. Mages can only equip Cloth. Rogues can only equip Leather. Clerics can only equip Chain, and Warriors can only equip Plate. (similar sort of thing for weapons).

Is this correct? If so, it's definitely going to restrict your wardrobe for your toons some, since you'll only be able to make toons of 2 of the 4 possible callings.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast