Closed Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Official discussion thread] RIFT PRIME: Coming March 7th!

Quote Originally Posted by Necalli View Post
    If that's the difference between live and Prime, that's outright pathetic. Especially considering you're paying an additional $15 a month for your bag slots and souls that can be unlocked on live, assuming you don't already have them unlocked on live to start which I would argue most people do by this point. Or you can pay $20 on the shop and unlock everything you mentioned and not lose it when the servers go down on top of an entire other calling that won't be available for a while.

I also noticed you selectively didn't mention any of the features of the game that have been removed that I explicitly make note of in my post you quoted.

This has nothing to do with tastes or preferences. Preferring fantasy to sci-fi is about tastes, preferring warrior to mage is about tastes. A company actively taking a live game and removing content from it and asking for money for the otherwise unaltered product has nothing to do with tastes.

Besides that, aren't I the exact kind of player Prime was suppose to be targeting? The "former players"? That's the idea according to your very own posts. I started playing in beta 6, not actively playing in the current game. I am the target of Rift Prime by your own definition, am I not? Yet here I am, only being driven further away from this game. By reading forums on here and other places, I know I'm not the only one who holds this sentiment.

You still failed to answer the question. What does Prime offer that isn't currently available on live?
    The level scaling and gear appropriate to your level is new. I can't see how this is bad for anyone except gatherers or the losers that tag ZE bosses at max level.
    RIP boiled water, you will be mist

No more true than anyone who has said that in the last 7 years. However if prime servers don't do well.. then it remains to be seen if that specifically will stick around. This is going to be a trial run of sorts, but the team feels (from data they've personally collected) that the audience for it is there.

I think the majority of people want this to succeed because it means a brighter future if it does.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    The level scaling and gear appropriate to your level is new. I can't see how this is bad for anyone except gatherers or the losers that tag ZE bosses at max level.
    Fair, problem is there that it's not a meaningful change to the game. It's also a change I suspect will be coming to the live client, Prime is most likely the test run for this tech. Considering that Prime will be using the same client as live, that means the tech will also be available to the live client. So then, including that, the only difference is you might level in a different order when it comes to zone selection. Why is that worth the sub fee? Why would that bring former players back to the game? Why devote resources to this project?

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #94
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraworrior View Post
    I'v been getting word that if rift prime does not work out that all of rift will come down is this true?
    thanks in advance.
    Oh good heavens no. RIFT is going to carry on, and that's why we have the freedom to offer an alternative game mode now, as an experiment.

Doomsayers abide and tend to proclaim almost every game dead within months of launch. They've been predicting the death of games like EQ (still going at 19 years now) and RIFT (almost 7 years old) for as long as I can remember.
    Brasse

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #95

Harumph: Maybe this question is too vague for the livestream, but could the team talk about the kind of server-side rules they could implement for future challenge servers? Like could they make a server where enemies have twice as much health/damage, but players now have 183 soul points for 61/61/61 builds? Could there be a server where there are no callings, so you can make some Riftblade-Druid-Pyro abomination?
    I've already submitted the giant tome of questions to the team, but this one really bears adding in. Consider it done! I suspect that while working on this version of a Prime server, the team has discovered a great many opportunities as well as limitations.

As many will recall, when Archonix first talked about "Challenge Servers," they were going to be more short-run, with specific alternate rule-sets.
    RIFT Prime ended up a little different, and one of the most heartwarming aspects is how many people want to know if it really has to end at the end. As I have said before, if the server ends up with a self-sustaining population that does not want to move, I am sure that Dev will consider other options. It's a heady goal.

Brasse

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #96

One final note: answers given here are based on the best and latest info I have to hand, but I have to throw out the caveat that the details are subject to change, the FAQ is an evolving document, and some details may (or must) change before we get to Prime launch. I plan to update the FAQ after we lock down more information, early next week!

Here's an example that I got JUST NOW:
    The souls originally released at the time of Storm Legion and Nightmare Tide?
    They are set up to be unlocked through gameplay that is not timelocked; that is, gained through planarite, notoriety, etc. This is actually pretty cool.

Brasse

Can the PRIMOGENITOR 2 week game time codes be used on the purchasing account or are they other accounts only.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #98

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaldr View Post
    Can the PRIMOGENITOR 2 week game time codes be used on the purchasing account or are they other accounts only.
    You can give the codes to anyone you like, or use them yourself. =)

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    You can give the codes to anyone you like, or use them yourself. =)
    That was quite the speedy response. Thanks!

Soulwalker

Default After Reset

After the Prime Server has ran its course, I know we can convert our toon to live. But will the server completely reset so we can continually do it each year, or is this just a 1 time thing?

Will storyline quests be available in all zones at the start? Since we have auto scaling will we be able to do the storyline quests in moonshade highlands at level 20?
    RIP boiled water, you will be mist

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

I saw a few questions relating to World Events and some for the River of Souls opening Event in patch 1.1.

What we got on Live for that was a bit different to what we did on PTS where we all gathered at the top of Caer Mathos near the portal to RoS and bosses spawned one by one and absolutely wrecked us.

Now with multi-core, 64-bit etc will we be getting that original Event or will it be what we got on Live, just a boss here and there in each zone as the finale?

Soulwalker

Default Why time gate it?

I've been reading and seems a lot of players are upset about the server being time gated.
    Is this something Trion will change? If not i understand the server will be up for a year before going to a F2P model, Once that happens will we lose all access to the DLC and have to purchase those?

Rift Disciple

Sry if those questions are already asked, but:

1) Will there be lvl 50 gear progression through pvp?
    Like, buying gear with favor?
    2) Will raids like ID, GSB, ROS be 20 man?
    3) PLEASE, can we have a return of the chocolate pvp quests?
    I know you guys won't focus much on pvp, like giving us rank progression back,thats okay, but implementing or re-using the old QUESTS (they are simple to implement) cant be a hard problem.
    Anyone remembering those times? in Shimmersand or IPP? It was just so simple and optional, but I remember many great fights out there.
    *Nostalgia tears rollin*
    Please please think about implementing them.
    We have no cq, no ranks, no pvp rifts, no pvp events anymore, is it too much to ask for a few "quests" ?
    Just make them as back in the days, grab some stuff there, kill some mobs there, get some favor if completed.
    Once you tagged such mob/item, or go in that quest area you are open pvp tagged.

Fights will come from alone, trust me

Pls devs, I have trust in you, me and many others would love it ! ♥
    Guild Leader
    - Akatsuki -
    @PRIME

Soulwalker

Default Re: PTS River of Souls Opening Event

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I saw a few questions relating to World Events and some for the River of Souls opening Event in patch 1.1.

What we got on Live for that was a bit different to what we did on PTS where we all gathered at the top of Caer Mathos near the portal to RoS and bosses spawned one by one and absolutely wrecked us.

Now with multi-core, 64-bit etc will we be getting that original Event or will it be what we got on Live, just a boss here and there in each zone as the finale?
    I'm glad to see there's someone else who remembers that test - I was there too! We didn't die to all of the bosses, but... Yeah, some totally destroyed us. The one I remember best was Bonelord Fetlorn. Yeah, the guy from Iron Tomb, complete with the LOS or spawn adds mechanic... Now that's one thing in a 5 man instance, in a room with pillars. However, in the open world, with a huge number of players, many of whom don't care about hiding? And a fight space that was basically an empty platform? That was a recipe for disaster.

Somehow, I don't think we'll ever see *that* boss on a live shard.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast