Closed Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Official discussion thread] RIFT PRIME: Coming March 7th!

General of Telara

Is the progression only with regards to content, or will skills progress through their various changes as well?

I ask because I rather enjoyed the original damage->heal mechanics for Justicar and Chloromancer more than the new system, and I sorely miss being able to be a pinch healer as a dedicated Necromancer. As such I would strongly consider playing Prime for a few months just to use the old skill mechanics.

Thumbs down

I can honestly see this being the last nail in the coffin for rift

Telaran

Sounds really cool, I would play if you weren't killing them at the end and giving the option to transfer to the P2W servers.

The whole point for me of this service is I'd want to make my new home on these P2P servers indefinitely without having to worry about P2W mechanics.

Rift Disciple

If there are unique wardrobes on Prime, will the unlock work on Live as well? Will I have all my wardrobes on Prime?

Soulwalker

Dang it. Was going to come back after years. Then looked and 2 things kill this; 1) Transfer to the P2W servers at the end 2) Not using the original skill trees. YUCK to the "souls"

Soulwalker

For people that were at the start and bought packs, will we have access to the items from them?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Been avoiding asking so I don't cry....

Q: What wardrobe and dye system will be on Prime?

Rift Disciple

I gotta say after reading the FAQ I'm pretty sad/disappointed. The fact that souls like frost keeper and mystic archer will be available at launch along with the uncertainty of skill/boss balance with the existing skill trees is pretty much a deal breaker for me. I genuinely hope that rift prime is successful so that they can continue to develop this game. However, I don't believe that Rift Prime is for me and I will not be coming back to play. This game will always have a special place in my heart and if Trion is ever able to bring back authentic classic servers, I will be the first in line begging them to take my money.

Soulwalker

Default progression

say i just want to level to 50. is there a way to halt progression to a character? or am i forced to keep leveling?

Last edited by Aranka; 02-21-2018 at 06:05 PM.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #41
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Time to catch up on some posts here!

Harumph: the "apply to your alts" part doesn't make much sense. It implies that patron is character bound and each character would need its own subscription.
    This pertains to those people who have multiple accounts. There are plenty of those!

mattydoga: LFG and DD
    Added your queries to the livestream list, but I know LFG will be in for sure. Some game improvements are staying even if they were not in original RIFT, because they just make sense.

Dorastic: Last I saw every class had their best spells or cooldowns around 61, and we're balanced around them. How will that change with a lvl50 cap?
    I am going to defer this to the livestream, as that will happen long before you have to make a decision whether or not you wish to play on Prime. I do not forsee a major class/skill overhaul before March 7th, but I will hazard a guess that you won't need your level 61 skills for a level 50 capped game. Let's see what Dev responds on Friday.

Videssian: Is Rift Prime part of the standard Rift install (and presumably show up as a server in the existing server list), or is it a separate install, with it's own multi-gigabyte set of files that we'd need to download (like PTS)?
    If the latter, will the files be available for pre-download, before the March 7 release date?
    GOOD news: As long as you have RIFT Live patched, you will not need to install anything else. On launch day, you will see both game services listed on the left, in the games list. That's it, that's all you need. I was surprised at this too, and REALLY happy about it, as my hard drive is a tad on the full side (hoarder in game, hoarder on my PC).
    So all you need is to patch that day's update and you're done. BAM
    !

Brutalize, echoing Holyroller12: Will we see 20 man raids ever return after Prime?
    Leaving this one to the livestream list.

Taeve: Will there be "World Events" again as the raids are released as there were for River of Souls and HammerKnell? Will the achievements for those events be available?
    will Hammerknell be available since you revamped it for NMT?
    Will Iron Pine Peak be back to the level 40+ zone or stay as it is now?
    Great questions for the stream! I know that Amary in particular really wanted to see if we could recreate the old pre-raid events, let's find out where we are on that front on Friday!

ConcreteDonkies: Class balance questions
    Again, leaving this for the stream, as Dev will want to talk about how they see classes interacting on Prime. We know there will be no Primalists at launch, because they are seriously OP in early leveling, and therefore wholly out of balance with the other souls.

Zetsuu and Ehbehzeh: PVP questions:
    Is it going to be pvp shard (always flagged and faction matter)?
    Will we have pvp gear and pvp ranks like the first days of rifts?
    will we have pvp rifts?
    This Prime shard is not going to be a PvP shard; there just aren't enough players interested in that sort of gameplay in RIFT. Warfronts will definitely exist. Your questions regarding PvP gear, ranks, etc. will be answered on the livestream!

Zsavooz: Is there any possibility the server continues assuming it is very successful or is their a hard end?
    It is the nature of progression servers to end. We didn't invent this concept. However, RIFT's Dev team is very open to options, depending how the server goes. It will run for well over a year, per Amary, so let's see where we're at then!

(more answers to come to more questions, I just don't want this one post to get unwieldy!)
    ;-)#
    Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 02-21-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Soulwalker

Default :-(

[QUOTE=TrionBrasse;5339173]Time to catch up on some posts here!

This Prime shard is not going to be a PvP shard; there just aren't enough players interested in that sort of gameplay in RIFT. Warfronts will definitely exist. Your questions regarding PvP gear, ranks, etc. will be answered on the livestream!

So sad to read this. My guild and I were going to come back if Prime had open world PvP. Now we will just keep on looking for something. Honestly, thank you for at least being up front about it so the more hard core PvP players would not waste time and money on it.

Ciao!

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #43

More answers!

Marikhen: Is the progression only with regards to content, or will skills progress through their various changes as well?
    We'll ask on the stream, but I do not anticipate that every change to every class will be done over again. This would be extremely time-consuming to code in, and I don't think many will want to go through the buff/nerf/change cycle on the shortened timeline of a progression server. I loved my original Chloromancer too, but hey... I still love playing her.

Rubarb: I can honestly see this being the last nail in the coffin for rift
    The salt is strong in this one. We disagree with the sentiment.

Archfiend: Sounds really cool, I would play if you weren't killing them at the end and giving the option to transfer to the P2W servers.
    This Prime server is an experiment. If it turns out that there is a large, sustaining population that yells, "HELL NO, WE WON'T GO" toward the end, you can be sure that Dev will be listening to the feedback and making decisions accordingly. If interest trickles out toward the end, we can at least promise that players will get to keep their characters.

Mizuki Ayu: If there are unique wardrobes on Prime, will the unlock work on Live as well? Will I have all my wardrobes on Prime?
    Kiwi: What wardrobe and dye system will be on Prime?
    The Prime wardrobes will not be unique. As it is a brand new start, you will begin with only the clothes on your newly spawned back, and will need to earn everything else. Cosmetic items are one of the few things we will offer for purchase on Prime, but there's a lot of cool stuff to find in game, as I recall from my early days in RIFT.

To be clear, you will not have access to your RIFT Live cosmetics such as wardrobes, mounts, dyes, hairstyles, companion pets, combat pet skins, costume weapons, etc. To be fair, most of these were not available at the original RIFT launch.
    We are not going to restrict the new dyes and character customization on Prime, but wardrobe WILL be restricted, because so much of it comes from actual gameplay and should be earned - that is, wardrobe items will drop in game.

If you transfer back to Live at the end, there will be a formula in place for account unlocks earned on Prime, but Dev is still looking into that, so we'll ask them to address it on the stream.

Stelletti: Dang it. Was going to come back after years. Then looked and 2 things kill this; 1) Transfer to the P2W servers at the end 2) Not using the original skill trees. YUCK to the "souls"
    Let's be clear on this. There is NOTHING that is Pay-to-Win on RIFT Live. Anyone can reach max level, access all content, gain all the best in slot items and explore every zone in RIFT without paying one penny.

There are certainly some things that we cannot effectively roll back to original RIFT, and soul structure and class skills are among them.

gil999: For people that were at the start and bought packs, will we have access to the items from them?
    Nope, just the clothes on your back and whatever second rate bent, rusty weapon you arrive with in your hand. Your collector's edition items will all be waiting for you on RIFT Live, where they were granted.

Dwops: The fact that souls like frost keeper and mystic archer will be available at launch along with the uncertainty of skill/boss balance with the existing skill trees is pretty much a deal breaker for me.
    I am really sorry to hear that. I am curious what souls you would have played, had you decided to try Prime. Starting soul choices are certainly going to be restricted.

The only souls that are clearly excluded from Prime at this time are the Primalists (I know, I know, Primalist fans, Prime without Primalists? The Primalists are simply too OP at early levels; they were introduced late in the game cycle and meant to be leveled quickly to catch up to end game.

There are a great many souls that were added to RIFT over time, but at the very least, they are NOT available as starting builds; they will likely be available to unlock over time via gameplay as the server progresses (via.Storm Legion, Nightmare Tide, etc.).

We will ask on the livestream about souls such as Mystic Archer that were not associated with a particular gameplay event.

shadowstalkers: say i just want to level to 50. is there a way to halt progression to a character? or am i forced to keep leveling?
    As far as I know, players can still shut off XP if they choose, but we will confirm on the stream! [EDIT 02/22/18, 3:21 PM: Looks like you will NOT be able to shut off XP: on Prime, the autoleveling per zone replace the need to shut xp off. ~Brasse]

Righto, I am going to go back to my regular patrols now. It's been a long day, thanks for sharing it with us!
    ;-)#
    Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 02-22-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Q: Will the global chat be limited to only the prime server?

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #45

Dademore: Q: Will the global chat be limited to only the prime server?
    I have just confirmed that RIFT Prime will have its own global chat, exclusive and specific to Prime.

Prime will also have a subsection of the RIFT forums for Patrons, specifically to facilitate Prime discussions. This will open on launch day.
    ;-)#

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast