Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Official discussion thread] RIFT PRIME: Coming March 7th!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

forbiddenlake: Will the RIFT Prime server be supported by the zone event API?
    The API should be supported; we can get you the ID once the server goes live. Hopefully the newly hatched players can manage to find their way about until you can hook it up. ;P

bcofido: Are german and french clients supported?
    Absolutely, yes!

1. Once prime launches, will we have more focus put into live updates? The quality of life changes have been a good start, but players are still waiting for other much. I know carnival and other events technically count as "content" and are generally heavily worked on by the time, but to reiterate my question from last week:

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Pertaining to Dev related information and announcements. I know devs are tired of hearing this question and players are certainly tired of asking about it, but every week that goes by becomes increasingly frustrating and disheartening. Will we be given any kind of updates to class balancing on live servers? We already know it's always an ongoing process and never ends, but It's becoming (and has been for a lot of people already) tiring of being so limited with viable raid specs and in turn making it raids more frustrating for people and overall just hurting the game as a whole in general.

As I have stated in the past, we need to hear something, even if you can't go into detailed specifics about it yet.
    2. We know that you guys stated there wouldn't be any reason to feel forced to play on Prime servers, but after playing for 7 years, we know developer words aren't set in stone and things change. Will live players be heavily incentivized to play on prime servers?

3. What exactly are going to be the type of rewards. The information in that regard has been extremely vague with "cosmetic" only. Titles and portraits were mentioned, but is that going to be all or will be there exclusive wardrobes too? I know mounts were said to not be one of the rewards.

4. Will we see 20 man raids ever return after Prime? I know that's kind of a loaded question, but people coming back or going to Prime are doing so with 20 man content available to them again, but once they get to Prophecy of Ahnket, they're going to be in for a rude awakening of sorts with it being restricted to 10 man raids. Many people will be building their guilds around 20 and my personal fear is that they may not survive at that point and could be off putting for a lot of old raiders, just as it has been for the current player base.

5. Most, if not all of the people playing prime will be doing so for the replay of vanilla content and eventually move through all of the expansions. One of the major problems which seems to be the go to the further into each expansion you go, is rehashed content. This is rampant throughout the last 2 expansions especially and even towards the end of Storm Legion. How are you going to handle (either on prime or in the future) that re-used content that players will be going through multiple times? Perhaps that's also another loaded question, but constantly re-using content needs to be addressed, especially if more people will be paying for patron/prime.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

@Aileen : think level 50 is the starter cap, with higher level cap as content is added/unlocked?

from the website :

RIFT Prime is a progression server, meaning that the server begins with content and level caps restricted to that of the original RIFT launch, then gradually unlocks additional content and expands the level cap over time. This allows RIFT Prime players to experience each set of content from RIFT’s history in sequence.
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-21-2018 at 09:48 AM.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #19
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

aileen: (Questions 1 through 22)
    Great questions for the livestream!

The server will indeed launch with the original level 50 cap.

Holyroller12: (lots of Live questions)
    Once the Prime server is up and running (and any minor glitches ironed out), there will not be much need for Dev to focus on it. Live will get all the attention then, and anything applicable will be added to Prime from Live, not the other way around.

There is zero reason to incentivize players to go to Prime. It is largely for those who enjoy the progression server gameplay style, with no tangible advantage over Live. It's an option.

Your Prime questions are added to the Livestream Q&A list!
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 02-21-2018 at 09:51 AM.

Rift Chaser

In the announcement -

2 voucher codes for 15 days of Patron access each (30 days total). Invite your friends to play, apply it to your alts or use the time yourself!
    the "apply to your alts" part doesn't make much sense. It implies that patron is character bound and each character would need its own subscription.
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>
    5th best primalist NA (also 5th worst)

Shadowlander

Default Hype

Looking forward to this more than the new wow expansion. Might make my own guild

livestream question. Will LFG be available and will the dungeons all be "experts" or will they be t1 and t2

livestream question. Will master mode DD be one of the things that gets unlocked later on?

Since prime will be level 50 only, will players able to access certain key raid cooldowns like flaring power, orchestra of planes etc?
    Can this one question be answered before a live stream? If classes are going to be expected to be balanced with only 3/4 of their toolset, I don't see any reason to come back. And I really have no desire to sit through an hour or two of live stream to find out if the game will be playable.

It's not just Flaring Power, etc. Last I saw every class had their best spells or cooldowns around 61, and we're balanced around them. How will that change with a lvl50 cap?
    It's not that we don't believe in your gods. We know they are real. We also know they are weak and afraid.

Plane Touched

Is Rift Prime part of the standard Rift install (and presumably show up as a server in the existing server list), or is it a separate install, with it's own multi-gigabyte set of files that we'd need to download (like PTS)?

If the latter, will the files be available for pre-download, before the March 7 release date?

Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    In the announcement -

the "apply to your alts" part doesn't make much sense. It implies that patron is character bound and each character would need its own subscription.
    They mean alt ACCOUNTS

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    4. Will we see 20 man raids ever return after Prime? I know that's kind of a loaded question, but people coming back or going to Prime are doing so with 20 man content available to them again, but once they get to Prophecy of Ahnket, they're going to be in for a rude awakening of sorts with it being restricted to 10 man raids. Many people will be building their guilds around 20 and my personal fear is that they may not survive at that point and could be off putting for a lot of old raiders, just as it has been for the current player base.
    Most important one.
    Guild Leader
    - Akatsuki -
    @PRIME

Rift Disciple

Will there be "World Events" again as the raids are released as there were for River of Souls and HammerKnell? Will the achievements for those events be available?

will Hammerknell be available since you revamped it for NMT?

Will Iron Pine Peak be back to the level 40+ zone or stay as it is now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorastic View Post
    Can this one question be answered before a live stream? If classes are going to be expected to be balanced with only 3/4 of their toolset, I don't see any reason to come back. And I really have no desire to sit through an hour or two of live stream to find out if the game will be playable.

It's not just Flaring Power, etc. Last I saw every class had their best spells or cooldowns around 61, and we're balanced around them. How will that change with a lvl50 cap?
    Just to cite a couple of examples of this, arbiter, shaman, and inquisitor all have an ability at the end of their trees to reduce their GCD from 1.5s to 1. Playing without these abilities hinders their relative power levels by a third. There are plenty of other souls out there who will likewise be gimped, but in different ways. This type of gimping isn't really even a matter of a lack of progression at level 50 so much as it is that the souls are fundamentally broken at level 50.

Trion, if these types of issues aren't addressed in the current build for Prime, then it really isn't ready for launch. I sincerely advise you to reconsider going ahead with such an early launch. It will go a long way towards making Prime have actual staying power versus just feeling like watered down Rift.
    Last edited by ConcreteDonkies; 02-21-2018 at 10:32 AM.
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.

PVP questions:
    Is it going to be pvp shard (always flagged and faction matter)?
    Will we have pvp gear and pvp ranks like the first days of rifts?
    will we have pvp rifts?

P.S please make all mentioned above reality
    bring pvp back to live with open world fights and ranks farming

and please DONT say (no pvp/pve gear its only gear) we are allergic to it now.
    I keel Em Too Fast !

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsuu View Post
    Is it going to be pvp shard (always flagged and faction matter)?

The answer I want to know before I click buy.
    Last edited by Ehbehzeh; 02-21-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Soulwalker

Default End of Prime

Is there any possibility the server continues assuming it is very successful or is their a hard end? There is a large discussion on mmorpg.com concerning this, not many happy potential customers.
    Last edited by Zsavooz; 02-21-2018 at 12:39 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast