Closed Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Official discussion thread] RIFT PRIME: Coming March 7th!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Voldeth View Post
    Hi Trion/powers that be,

This is a classic example of what your player base points to when we talk about your dysfunctional communication skills.

We are now 3 days away from launch and you have still not even confirmed the time that it's anticipated to start at. Some people, who are actually interested in giving you money, are looking to organize with friends so that they can play and level up together. Sometimes that means juggling schedules. Not having a launch time at this stage is unacceptable.

If there was some type of reason for not disclosing - i.e. that you're not positive yet - a response would be appreciated at least providing some details. i.e. "We're hoping to have the servers up at 11 AM, which is our standard patch time, however we foresee that there might be some difficulties so we can't guarantee that."

I'll help you guys out here: in the previous 2 pages of posts, you have the question coming up multiple times. You actually have it coming up multiple more times than the wardrobe questions you're so keen to answer. How about someone takes an executive decision and decides to stop the radio silence and make a comment? Thanks.
    Me 5.

After combing thread after thread, vod FAQ's, Dev posts; I have hours and hours worth of Wardrobe knowledge, and still don't know when I can play the game.
    Last edited by Pajac1; 03-04-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Pajac1 View Post
    Me 5.

After combing thread after thread, vod FAQ's, Dev posts; I have hours and hours worth of Wardrobe knowledge, and still don't know when I can play the game.
    but you'll be playing it in style (WHEN: TBD!)
    Voldeth FixWarriors - Sin Filled Afterlife - Guild Leader

Rift Disciple

ETA on something that happens 3 days from now? Seriously? What do you want next, a full set of free purple gear?
    Last edited by Artifa; 03-04-2018 at 11:10 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Voldeth View Post
    but you'll be playing it in style (WHEN: TBD!)
    Do you need access to my wardrobe spreadsheet I've created for maximum style leveling?
    Taxt FixWarriors
    Sin Filled Afterlife

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Artifa View Post
    ETA on something that happens 3 days from now? Seriously? What do you want next, a full set of purple gear?
    This is a fair point. My mistake was acknowledging that I was eager to have the launch time, this implies that I've already spent money and consequently a response to my question becomes second rate. This is consumerism failure 101 on my part, a clear mea culpa.

Allow me to have a different approach to my question,

Hi Trion. I'm curious about your new Rift Prime server but I'd like to know your stance on bald dwarves; is there any plan to have that facial feature available at 11:00 AM EST on Wednesday? This question is kind of a deal breaker for me and would appreciate an answer. Thank you ever so kindly should you decide to grace the 'I want a bald dwarf at 11:00 AM on Wednesday' community with a response prior to our enrollment into your new service.

I imagine they are still taking care of last-minute things (just my conjecture). Rather than giving a time and then having to change it (and incur forum frothing and flailings), they may be waiting as long as possible to feel confident of meeting that announced time.

Some may argue that this shouldn't be so last-minute, everything should already be ready! But I have dealt with crunch time and sometimes issues and problems crop up at the last minute.

I could be totally off-base, but listening to the live streams, it sounds like they are hitting it hard to get ready.
    Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by GamingMimi View Post
    I imagine they are still taking care of last-minute things (just my conjecture). Rather than giving a time and then having to change it (and incur forum frothing and flailings), they may be waiting as long as possible to feel confident of meeting that announced time.

Some may argue that this shouldn't be so last-minute, everything should already be ready! But I have dealt with crunch time and sometimes issues and problems crop up at the last minute.

I could be totally off-base, but listening to the live streams, it sounds like they are hitting it hard to get ready.
    I don't doubt what you're saying is accurate. I also don't doubt that every single grown up also faces the exact same challenge in their lives. Deadlines are a part of life. Is there anyone here who hasn't had a client ask them at what time they can expect delivery of something they paid for? I traditionally offer my clients a response when that happens - carefully guarded based on my anticipation of whether or not I'll be able to deliver for that time. Trion's communication is equivalent to the office temp who gets an e-mail asking for a response and, rather than respond or escalate as necessary, opts to pretend like it doesn't exist. The difference is those temps normally hit the unemployment line rather quickly in the real world where as for Trion this seems like a norm where they high five each other around the office cooler about how many responses they've managed to dodge today.
    Last edited by Voldeth; 03-04-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Just another thing I remembered reading - for anyone who hasn't / doesn't want to read all of these pages:

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    I have just confirmed that RIFT Prime will have its own global chat, exclusive and specific to Prime.

Prime will also have a subsection of the RIFT forums for Patrons, specifically to facilitate Prime discussions. This will open on launch day.
    ;-)#
    Regarding the Prime forum section, Brasse clarified later (post #81) that all people will be able to read these forums, but only Prime players Patrons can post there.
    Global chat will include only Prime server players, not Live servers.

This sounds good to me
    Last edited by GamingMimi; 03-04-2018 at 11:45 AM.
    Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

Soulwalker

I really appreciate that Voldeth is taking the time to highlight the lack of communication. The lack of response on this has helped me avoid committing to this server.
    Last edited by Marana tha; 03-04-2018 at 02:12 PM.

Soulwalker

why can't buy on steam?

Soulwalker

Default Info on Prime Launch

There seems to be no posted time on Prime launch; any ideas? Seems like crucial info that was highly looked over.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by GamingMimi View Post

Not sure why you think itís a ďscamĒ. I havenít seen the team market this as a vanilla or classic at all, itís been called a progression server, but with restricted builds from Live at launch (altho seems Tacitus might have said somewhere that they may do a little balancing). On a couple of livestreams back, I recall them saying definitely NO, this is not a classic vanilla experience.

I think the draw for some is going to be a very ďliteĒ cash shop, patron only/no F2P, and possibly just having some old content, dungeons etc. feel relevant again, if just for a little while. No veteran rewards available, and no access to credits on Live. Itís also been made clear that this server is expected to run its course and close, allowing Prime characters to be transferred at no cost to a Live server. If it is wildly popular and the population doesnít dwindle at the end, they will likely re-visit their options.

I am going to give it a go, as I havenít played for a while. I may or may not like my experience, no rose-colored glasses here. But I remember having a lot of fun in RIFT, and miss some of the zones and questing. Others want to go straight to raiding, which is great too. We just have to make our own personal decision about whether we are enjoying ourselves on Prime. If I were fully invested on a Live server, I probably wouldnít spend a lot of time on Prime, altho I might roll a character there just for funsies. Probably a lot of people will do that.

Mostly these prasees.

Go Back to Where It All Began!

Over the years, nostalgia begins to waft its sirenís call, and we start to long for the good old days, when life was new and all possibilities lay before us.

we arn't going back anywhere.... its the same game. it's intentionally misleading.
    Calm As A Bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Stoved View Post
    There seems to be no posted time on Prime launch; any ideas?
    Pure speculation here, but based on previous Expansions and simultaneous launches for both EU and NA i would guess the time frame of between 6-8am Pacific Standard Time, which would make it between 2-4pm UTC for Europe.

They'll obviously want to launch when everyone is in work and on standby in case of issues, i very much doubt they'll launch at midnight PST on Wednesday, which would be 8am UTC so sticking with my guess of 6-8am PST.

Shadowlander

I assume they will announce the time today.

For people who are going to stream the launch (and let's face it all games need these people), they are going to want to know as soon as possible.

Plane Touched

For those complaining about not knowing the start time of Prime, they announce the server patches the evening before, with estimated downtimes.

Large updates(and server side maintenence) typicaly start at 6am and run 3-5 hours. Smaller patches usually are 7:30am with a 1.5 hour downtime. Sometimes they're up early, sometimes they have to extend the downtime. My guess for Prime update will be the former, with a 5 hour downtime to make sure things dont explode.

If you want to look at soul trees now, just update/download live and check them out or use the Soul Tree calculator on magelo. Prime will use the same files as current Live

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast