Closed Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Official discussion thread] RIFT PRIME: Coming March 7th!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Videssian View Post
    Vigil was mentioned as a possible name for the server, but not THE name. It couldn't have been, the poll wasn't closed yet. People were still voting.

(See http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ll-closed.html )

The livestream was a Dev Q&A, about Prime. I don't know if the livestream you mean was the latest one, but that's what the latest one was about, and you can find that here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/232054250
    You linked last weeks stream, not todays stream.
    Last edited by Nuum; 03-02-2018 at 05:27 PM.

Plane Touched

My bad, I stand corrected. I totally missed that there was a livestream earlier today. The one I referenced was last week's.

I watched the first part of it, and indeed, the Prime server will be called "Vigil". I could make comments about the decision making process surrounding that, but I shall refrain.

As to the rest, I guess we'll see when it goes live next week.

Soulwalker

We don't have yet the release time ? For the 7th ?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cherix View Post
    We don't have yet the release time ? For the 7th ?
    I would also like to know this

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by soluss View Post
    I would also like to know this
    Me three.

/10chars
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    There is no test shard for Prime.

We've been playing on it internally, and it's been a lot of fun. We can hardly wait to share it with you all (and yes, our characters will be wiped before we open it up, hehe).
    It would be nice to have at least a couple days access so that we can at least look at the soul trees. Also, every progression server I have been involved with has missed some things that shouldn't have really been there.

Plane Walker

"Can I use my existing Credits on RIFT Prime?
    No. RIFT Prime uses its own currency known as Prime Credits which can be purchased from the RIFT Prime in-game or web stores. Prime Credits can only be used on RIFT Prime."

This is really shady Trion. It's basically an FU to ppl who already paid for credit since they can't use it. You have to spend additional money to get a different Prime Credit to use even if you have credit balance. Just a money grab tactic and the type of decision making that have led this game down this path. Please look at this and do the right thing for your players who have spent money supporting your game.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gurgi of Prydain View Post
    No. RIFT Prime uses its own currency known as Prime Credits which can be purchased from the RIFT Prime in-game or web stores. Prime Credits can only be used on RIFT Prime."

This is really shady Trion. It's basically an FU to ppl who already paid for credit since they can't use it. You have to spend additional money to get a different Prime Credit to use even if you have credit balance. Just a money grab tactic and the type of decision making that have led this game down this path. Please look at this and do the right thing for your players who have spent money supporting your game.
    Another kicker... we get a monthly stipend for being subscribed right? I honestly don't know because I have not played in a long time. If we do... does that go to live server credits or prime credits?

Ill try but hmmm what craft professions to roll with
    Stop the "Knee Jerk Reaction" bandwagon
    Warlord/Champ/Paragon
    Defiant Seastone PvP Server

Thumbs down

I was hyped until realized this is a scam, and nothing like a "vanilla" server at all.

level 60 skill trees with level 50 character caps. without the old skill trees? Super lame and im nearly offended you tried to package this as classic rift.

Am I totally wrong?
    Calm As A Bomb

[QUOTE=
    This is really shady Trion. It's basically an FU to ppl who already paid for credit since they can't use it. You have to spend additional money to get a different Prime Credit to use even if you have credit balance. Just a money grab tactic and the type of decision making that have led this game down this path. Please look at this and do the right thing for your players who have spent money supporting your game.[/QUOTE]

They need to disconnect the two economies.
    Calm As A Bomb

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MRFabulouss View Post
    I was hyped until realized this is a scam, and nothing like a "vanilla" server at all.

level 60 skill trees with level 50 character caps. without the old skill trees? Super lame and im nearly offended you tried to package this as classic rift.

Am I totally wrong?
    Prime is almost exactly the same as Live, with stripped f2p, cash shop and some other stuff like minions. Some content is time/grind gated - but it still current Rift. Don't ask or expect anything else - rift team does not have resources to do significant changes for Prime.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MRFabulouss View Post

Am I totally wrong?

Not sure why you think it’s a “scam”. I haven’t seen the team market this as a vanilla or classic at all, it’s been called a progression server, but with restricted builds from Live at launch (altho seems Tacitus might have said somewhere that they may do a little balancing). On a couple of livestreams back, I recall them saying definitely NO, this is not a classic vanilla experience.

I think the draw for some is going to be a very “lite” cash shop, patron only/no F2P, and possibly just having some old content, dungeons etc. feel relevant again, if just for a little while. No veteran rewards available, and no access to credits on Live. It’s also been made clear that this server is expected to run its course and close, allowing Prime characters to be transferred at no cost to a Live server. If it is wildly popular and the population doesn’t dwindle at the end, they will likely re-visit their options.

I am going to give it a go, as I haven’t played for a while. I may or may not like my experience, no rose-colored glasses here. But I remember having a lot of fun in RIFT, and miss some of the zones and questing. Others want to go straight to raiding, which is great too. We just have to make our own personal decision about whether we are enjoying ourselves on Prime. If I were fully invested on a Live server, I probably wouldn’t spend a lot of time on Prime, altho I might roll a character there just for funsies. Probably a lot of people will do that.

Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Me three.

/10chars
    Hi Trion/powers that be,

This is a classic example of what your player base points to when we talk about your dysfunctional communication skills.

We are now 3 days away from launch and you have still not even confirmed the time that it's anticipated to start at. Some people, who are actually interested in giving you money, are looking to organize with friends so that they can play and level up together. Sometimes that means juggling schedules. Not having a launch time at this stage is unacceptable.

If there was some type of reason for not disclosing - i.e. that you're not positive yet - a response would be appreciated at least providing some details. i.e. "We're hoping to have the servers up at 11 AM, which is our standard patch time, however we foresee that there might be some difficulties so we can't guarantee that."

I'll help you guys out here: in the previous 2 pages of posts, you have the question coming up multiple times. You actually have it coming up multiple more times than the wardrobe questions you're so keen to answer. How about someone takes an executive decision and decides to stop the radio silence and make a comment? Thanks.
    Voldeth FixWarriors - Sin Filled Afterlife - Guild Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Gurgi of Prydain View Post

Once Prime is over any Prime Credits will be transferred to Live.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast