Closed Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 254
Like Tree204Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Official discussion thread] RIFT PRIME: Coming March 7th!

  1. #151
    Telaran Bear1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PA ~ USA
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuum View Post
    Will Prime have conquest?
    Conquest was not available at launch but they did say they were going to add more updated content as the Prime server advances.
    "If the Healer dies it is the Tank's fault, if the Tank dies it is the Healers fault, if the DPS dies it is their OWN DAMN FAULT!"


    Death Before Dishonor Guild

  2. #152
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bear1968 View Post
    Conquest was not available at launch but they did say they were going to add more updated content as the Prime server advances.
    Yea but they also said no pvp, so not sure if it includes conquest or not.

  3. #153
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Got all excited after hearing about this and was like im 100% sure going back to rift for this. However after reading this thread i can say with out a doubt i will not be coming back for this i left rift because it took a bad turn and this is just going to be current rift with time gated levels and content. the site is all like "Go Back to Where It All Began!" that's a lie if you are going to make claims like that you have to have the classes and everything as it was when it started. not having current crap on a low level cap and calling it "the good old days". Cant have a nostalgia trip with new stuff added on to what you are claiming as the beginning. Well back to ignoring rift and wishing it was how it used to be when it was actually good and not P2W.

  4. #154
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Palm Beach
    Posts
    4,833

    Default

    Not to rain on anyone's parade Re: Riftstalker. But alot of what made it such a killer leveling spec (Rift Scavenger etc) isn't there anymore (at least not working the same way). And if they are using the live builds for the most part....Eh.

    On the bright side, Saboteur will be in a better place except for that brief period right after launch when Charge Booster was double proccing everything. Man blowing people up in nearly one shot in PVP was so fun. Shame they nerfed saboteur into the ground so hard that it was completely worthless until they reworked it much later.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 02-23-2018 at 09:05 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

  5. #155
    General of Telara Sheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Can we get a clean answer on that: Will you implement bolstering (hopefully without glitches) and pvp gear? A simple yes will be sufficient.

    (I`m aware valor and vengeance will not coming back)
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

  6. #156
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    973

    Default

    Please do some balancing to live servers. Warriors are using a healing soul to do. It's pretty bad out there and will obviously affect prime too

  7. #157
    King of Slackers
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    Please do some balancing to live servers. Warriors are using a healing soul to do. It's pretty bad out there and will obviously affect prime too
    Will not affect prime, because we don't have eternal weapons and the power reg proc...
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch


  8. #158
    RIFT Guide Writer intrinsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Warminster, PA
    Posts
    5,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Not to rain on anyone's parade Re: Riftstalker. But alot of what made it such a killer leveling spec (Rift Scavenger etc) isn't there anymore (at least not working the same way). And if they are using the live builds for the most part....Eh.

    On the bright side, Saboteur will be in a better place except for that brief period right after launch when Charge Booster was double proccing everything. Man blowing people up in nearly one shot in PVP was so fun. Shame they nerfed saboteur into the ground so hard that it was completely worthless until they reworked it much later.
    I would never level as a Riftstalker. I'm talking from a pure tanking dungeons/fun ports perspective.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

  9. #159
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Will crafting experience be in for Prime?

  10. #160
    Soulwalker Cobrastar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    2

    Default

    No Rift Prime Trailer?

  11. #161
    RIFT Guide Writer intrinsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Warminster, PA
    Posts
    5,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrastar View Post
    No Rift Prime Trailer?
    exclusive launch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfbG0ajhI6U
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

  12. #162
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1

    Default No PVP

    I was so looking forward to coming back to this game, but with no open world pvp i feel like its not gonna be the same,a little disappointing.

  13. #163
    Champion of Telara Stihl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    I haven't gone through the 11 pages here or other posts covering the subject, but if this isn't a pure vanilla reboot, what is being done to counteract the various stat changes that have happened over the last 7 years?

    One of the reasons running older content on live while "level appropriate" isn't interesting is due to the changes to character health pools. A naked 0/0/0 level 50 with no planar attunement has almost 12k hp which is more health than raid geared tanks had when Greenscale's Blight was the current raid. Dps were likely to have between 4-6k hp. Speaking of dps, those naked level 50s (depending on the calling/spec) can do anywhere between 4-10k+ dps when typical dps for the time was sub 1k at launch.

    Then there are issues with crit power (crafted blues with crit power augments could very well be BiS until SL content comes out) as well as the replacement of toughness with guard (and the old loot tables). Many of the old greaters/trinkets/syngergy crystals affect abilities that work differently today or don't even exist anymore. Many of the healing souls we currently have weren't around in vanilla and there is ridiculous amounts of shielding that wasn't available at the time. The changes to abilities themselves (having only 1 level as opposed to having multiple levels that required upgrading while leveling) makes scaling overall very problematic for an endevour like Prime (e.g. level 7 rogues 1 shotting everything within 20 levels in the open world with Frag bomb).

    Making Prime playable with modern Rift mechanics is a massive undertaking between content tuning, soul balancing (especially if the current soul trees are being migrated), stat distribution, and loot tables that many people seem to just be wishing somehow manages to work. Doing this right requires so much more effort than gating content releases. Frankly I think it would be overwhleming for the launch team to pull off when we had 3x as many devs working behind the scenes.

    I would love for my nostalgia to win out here, but I am very pessimistic about the quality of actual gameplay for Prime. Especially since vanilla Rift with many of the QoL changes we've recieved is pretty much exactly what I am looking for in a game.

    EDIT: I am also astounded this is supposed to launch in a week with zero public testing and that players are expected to buy in with still so little concrete information about actual gameplay available.
    Last edited by Stihl; 02-26-2018 at 02:42 PM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

  14. #164
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    I haven't gone through the 11 pages here or other posts covering the subject, but if this isn't a pure vanilla reboot, what is being done to counteract the various stat changes that have happened over the last 7 years?

    One of the reasons running older content on live while "level appropriate" isn't interesting is due to the changes to character health pools. A naked 0/0/0 level 50 with no planar attunement has almost 12k hp which is more health than raid geared tanks had when Greenscale's Blight was the current raid. Dps were likely to have between 4-6k hp. Speaking of dps, those naked level 50s (depending on the calling/spec) can do anywhere between 4-10k+ dps when typical dps for the time was sub 1k at launch.

    Then there are issues with crit power (crafted blues with crit power augments could very well be BiS until SL content comes out) as well as the replacement of toughness with guard (and the old loot tables). Many of the old greaters/trinkets/syngergy crystals affect abilities that work differently today or don't even exist anymore. Many of the healing souls we currently have weren't around in vanilla and there is ridiculous amounts of shielding that wasn't available at the time. The changes to abilities themselves (having only 1 level as opposed to having multiple levels that required upgrading while leveling) makes scaling overall very problematic for an endevour like Prime (e.g. level 7 rogues 1 shotting everything within 20 levels in the open world with Frag bomb).

    Making Prime playable with modern Rift mechanics is a massive undertaking between content tuning, soul balancing (especially if the current soul trees are being migrated), stat distribution, and loot tables that many people seem to just be wishing somehow manages to work. Doing this right requires so much more effort than gating content releases. Frankly I think it would be overwhleming for the launch team to pull off when we had 3x as many devs working behind the scenes.

    I would love for my nostalgia to win out here, but I am very pessimistic about the quality of actual gameplay for Prime. Especially since vanilla Rift with many of the QoL changes we've recieved is pretty much exactly what I am looking for in a game.

    EDIT: I am also astounded this is supposed to launch in a week with zero public testing and that players are expected to buy in with still so little concrete information about actual gameplay available.
    Can't agree with this enough, man. I don't want to sound harsh, but in my opinion the situation that Trion has with Rift is very akin to that of Jagex's situation with RuneScape, the only difference being that Jagex actually backpedalled, realized that they took the game in a direction that it shouldn't have gone, and brought back the closest thing they possibly could to the "golden era" that the game had. And low and behold, it's now the more popular version of the two... In Trion's defence, it can definitely be a big hit to the pride one would presumably have for a game that they've cooperatively developed, but at what point do they decide to take a step back and look at it objectively?

    I'm not saying that Trion should do exactly what Jagex has done, but it's worked well for them so far! And it's not like they just brought back their old game and that was the end of it, they've been constantly releasing new content to it, but the interesting part about the new stuff is that they use an in-game polling system to allow the PLAYERS to vote on what content gets added or changed in the game, and if the vote wins with a vast majority (75%) then it will be added.

    Some people might think that the playerbase doesn't actually know what they want when it comes to game development, and in some aspects that's true, but the people that grew up playing games like RuneScape, and Rift, and other similar MMOs (WoW) aren't just a bunch of kids anymore, screaming at our computer screens for more free l00t (well, most of us), and I think it's time the devs took that seriously.

    The game's population isn't anywhere near what it once was (back in vanilla), and obviously some of that is because people lost interest, that's bound to happen with any game, but I'm sure a vast majority of it is due to the decision-making made by Trion. I know it was for me, at least.

    If you're reading this and you have been playing since release, or used to play back then, and have something to say then please do, I'm encouraging discussion about this because I used to love this game very very much. Do you agree with me? Do you not? Why?




    TL;DR: Vanilla Rift is the ONLY MMO I would have any interest in playing in this day and age, I just wonder how many people are going to have to repeat that sentiment before a TRUE legacy shard is given to us, if ever.
    Elysian - Guardian Rogue and Cleric - Retired veteran from @Briarcliff and @Seastone.

    Starting again as Elysian@Vigil. Defiant Cleric.

    <Vinco Bellum>

  15. #165
    Ascendant Aranka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    I've been reading around a bit

    Got my doubts and hopes.
    The most often mentioned obstacle people mention is eol. Trion is not putting a date on it yet, but just state that it will be around at least a year, depending on population.
    So they made it you can move the char to life @eol time. Ievelled enough toons on live already in a more or less original way.. (no instances, dungeons, raids or pvp) so don't need to do that on prime to get a new char added to my 70 or so level 65+

    I still have an average of 6 or 7 xp vials on most from the bonus troves.. some have 9 or 10.. I just never really needed them... so levelling without boosts.. not that new to me.

    I would have loved a shard with instances only, warfronts only.. nothing open world, just a shard to temporarily travel to, to do that old stuff mentored on that shard, with a group of people.

    I'll take a peek at Prime, got patron/sub since the early start, didn't miss a single day.. but for the long run..

    If I want to play the original stuff, I can just delete a toon or create a toon on live, build on the original souls and run around solo.

    artifacts..got 5 chars with some 750-1k sets collected per.. it was over when unstables, burning, poison and nightmare came.. and the collecting wasn't important anymore for collecting, but for plat making and event tagging.

    I hope Prime will do great, that it will have a positive impact on Live, that Trion puts some more budget into Rift again and comes with some dazzling new content for Live in the (near) future.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts