Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By TrionBrasse
  • 2 Post By Holyroller12
  • 3 Post By ConcreteDonkies
  • 2 Post By Lulutala
  • 3 Post By Dademore
  • 1 Post By Salvatrix
  • 1 Post By Dademore

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTstream 02/16: RIFT CHEF!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default RIFTstream 02/16: RIFT CHEF!

Join Amary and Brasse to learn more about our upcoming RIFT CHEF challenge...

We’re looking for recipes from Telara to be turned into mouthwatering and easy to craft RL meals and desserts at your home!
    What are you up for? An appetizer? Main Course? Dessert? BRING IT!

Here is a list of delectable recipes for you to adapt, courtesy of Magelo! What does go into making a good Tenebrean Eel Skewer, anyway?

Later in the year, the best recipes will be included in the RIFT Cookbook!

We also have a delicious Dev update for RIFT Prime – Amary has her spreadsheets and lists ready!

Of course we will also have giveaways!

2x Lovely Cappie
    3x RIFT Patron passes

See you on stream!

RIFT Livestream
    Fridays at 11:30 AM Pacific (19:30 UTC)
    http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds
    (we'll simulcast on Facebook and Twitter as well!)

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    We also have a delicious Dev update for RIFT Prime – Amary has her spreadsheets and lists ready!
    Pertaining to Dev related information and announcements. I know devs are tired of hearing this question and players are certainly tired of asking about it, but every week that goes by becomes increasingly frustrating and disheartening. Will we be given any kind of updates to class balancing on live servers? We already know it's always an ongoing process and never ends, but It's becoming (and has been for a lot of people already) tiring of being so limited with viable raid specs and in turn making it raids more frustrating for people and overall just hurting the game as a whole in general.

As I have stated in the past, we need to hear something, even if you can't go into detailed specifics about it yet.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 02-15-2018 at 10:50 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Would the foods be only from Survival cooking, or are Artifact sets up for interpretation?

This is honestly pretty sad. In the last couple months, we've seen Livestreams on autumn harvest, collecting artifacts, Fae Yule, Fae Yule again, dev holiday plans, lore and ugly sweaters, a spicy noodle challenge, lore again, valentine's day, and now cooking food from Rift. Granted, there was one stream about Prime, but that has no real effect on live.

My point is that the last time there was a stream that was actually about new content for live was in October. It's one thing to not have enough communication from the devs about the state of the game. But this feels like they're actively avoiding any sort of meaningful conversations with the players. It feels like there are no significant deliverables in the short or intermediate term. At this point, the stream might as well be reduced to a monthly affair. Because, at this point, it's mostly just a waste of the extremely limited dev resources.
    Last edited by ConcreteDonkies; 02-16-2018 at 09:19 AM.
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.
    Rift: Maintenance Mode.

Had a brief chat with Vladd this morning, and he says that due to 4.2 commitments, he will not be ready to fully address the Planar Fragments until after June.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Hi all! Apologies for the delay on this. We were hoping to wait until some of the dev team got back from Gamescom/PAX before opening this up but as you mentioned, it is late August. At this time we have delayed the planar fragment overhaul and are busily working on 4.3 stuff (including the new raid we spoke about) and some other things we can't say right now. Obviously, we hate to disappoint or have to take back promises, but August was not a realistic deadline for this kind of overhaul while also meeting our other deadlines. As soon as we have more info that we can share, we will.
    These posts are from May and August regarding the fragment rework you have been apparently working on for almost a year now, considering Vladd doesn't work on Rift anymore it's probably unlikely but where is the updates regarding this? It was over 6 months ago when you said you would discuss it on a livestream, don't you think it's about time this was addressed?
    Harrisonford

I have to admit, as a recently returning player this is all very disheartening.

I played Rift with my group back at release and through most of SL. Back then the Devs were very active. They talked to their players and addressed the more common concerns on the forums.

With this extreme lack of communication I can not in good conscience bring my group back over to Rift for Prime.

I will continue to watch these threads and make a later judgement, but until I see some sort of VERY radical turn around in developer/community management response to the player bases major concerns, I will not be directing my 8-15 people to Prime like was intended.

Kindread
    Cleric Tank

Soulwalker

What Is Happening With The Eternal Weapon Quest, Is There A Fix Being Work On For Wicket?
    Last edited by Ultraworrior; 02-16-2018 at 11:25 AM.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

What does go into making a good Tenebrean Eel Skewer, anyway?
    Damnit, Brasse!

Now I need to spend my weekend trying to figure out a good real life version of that!
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraworrior View Post
    What Is Happening With The Eternal Weapon Quest, Is There A Fix Being Work On For Wicket?
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5338442

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5338525
    Rift Team Designer

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraworrior View Post
    They nerfed it. Check your toon.

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

JWhat does go into making a good Tenebrean Eel Skewer, anyway?
    What goes into making them? I went with this:
    eel01.jpg
    Unagi (fresh water eel), salmon marinated in soy sauce with lemon slices, Japanese style sweet egg, and mango. Bit of tobiko on top.

And served it so:
    eel02.jpg
    The rest of the meal is buckwheat noodles with a bit of lime zest, pickled eggplant and cucumber, cured sardines, radish sprouts, and a salad with sesame dressing.

Out of the dipping ramekins for the noodles, my preference is one that is a mix of soy sauce, wasabi, and lemon.

Can't wait to see what others make!
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 02-17-2018 at 06:40 PM.
    Rift Team Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Dademore View Post
    I have to admit, as a recently returning player this is all very disheartening.

I played Rift with my group back at release and through most of SL. Back then the Devs were very active. They talked to their players and addressed the more common concerns on the forums.

With this extreme lack of communication I can not in good conscience bring my group back over to Rift for Prime.

I will continue to watch these threads and make a later judgement, but until I see some sort of VERY radical turn around in developer/community management response to the player bases major concerns, I will not be directing my 8-15 people to Prime like was intended.
    This thread is a perfect example of why so many players appear to be upset with RIFT at the moment.

You have multiple people raising concerns and the community management team and developers decide to chat about food instead.

What happened to community relations and talking to your player base like you did SO WELL back in beta and at release?

This was the PEOPLES game, you brought so many great concepts and relationships between the developer gods and us lowly peon players (this is what we were used too with games like EQ. DAoC, AC, and WoW) and actually SPOKE to us, and addressed our concerns.

I want so badly to come back to RIFT and bring my team back for Prime, but there is just no way that will happen unless we see some major changes in how community relations and communication is handled.

Kindread
    Cleric Tank

Telaran

Default RIFT CHEF challenge?

I don't mean to be stupid but how to submit a recipe for this challenge

+ Reply to Thread