Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: UPDATED: NAME RECLAIM/RELEASE MAR 7! YER BURNIN' QUESTIONS ANSWERED...

The PTS server was taken offline yesterday for a test of the Name Reclaim. In the livestream on 3/2, Brasse made a quick comment about a very large list. Again, I think this chunk of data is proving to be more troublesome than they expected. I don't think they've ever done this before. There this are 6+ years of old names over several shard consolidations and various improvements to their game that is tied to character names/IDs (mails, cross-shard trading, shard transfers, etc).

I hope it happens. I want to try for a name or two.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #47
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

The data was pulled again, as BigDataDude mentioned. So anyone who has logged in since Jan 31, 2017 should be good.

The plan is to run Name Reclaim with tomorrow's patch (03/07/18). As one might imagine, it is an important act and we must make sure it is correct.

Prepare thy fancy name attempts!
    Brasse

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    The data was pulled again, as BigDataDude mentioned. So anyone who has logged in since Jan 31, 2017 should be good.

The plan is to run Name Reclaim with tomorrow's patch (03/07/18). As one might imagine, it is an important act and we must make sure it is correct.

Brasse

Thank you for the update!

I'm actually a little nervous now, praying that everything goes smoothly!
    Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post

Brasse
    Name reclaim at the same time as name creation on Prime? CRAP! Where's that other laptop...

patch first, after that name claim on prime.. can't claim names during patch times ^^

other than that.. you keep your name if you have logged in on that char past year..

so reclaiming a former name can only be done after the name-holder has lost his name in that patch.
    Last edited by Aranka; 03-06-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    patch first, after that name claim on prime.. can't claim names during patch times ^^

other than that.. you keep your name if you have logged in on that char past year..

so reclaiming a former name can only be done after the name-holder has lost his name in that patch.
    It's all happening at the same time after the patching, so anybody planning on playing on Prime wanting to claim "their" name there cannot also claim the lost/abandoned/released name on their normal server at the same time on the same account. Yay for free account creation!

...I think I'm not really sure what you were talking about here. >_>

Heheh. Sure enough, got the released ones I wanted on my main server, but not my main name on the Prime server, which is cool cause I probably wouldn't have played there enough to warrant taking it from somebody more active. Grats whoever managed to snag their favorites!

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #53
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Aaaaand we're done here! Closing thread.
    Thank you for your patience. The delays made sure that we did not encounter any disasters, and I, for one, am glad of it.

If anyone has outstanding name issues, please submit a CS ticket at support.trionworlds.com and our agents will see if they can help you out!
    Brasse

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4