Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: UPDATED: NAME RECLAIM/RELEASE MAR 7! YER BURNIN' QUESTIONS ANSWERED...

Default Feb 28 a early April fools day?

so Feb 14 then Feb 28 so what's next? when Prime server goes online? to make it a 6 hr patch? or will it be April 1??

Rift Master

Seriously??? This is ticking me off now. I move chars around in prep for name change. Then I can not sit around not being able to not log into chars for a week plus. Then I have to move everyone around again for the next pretend update. Has anyone from Rift even said it has been pushed back again?

Soulwalker

Default Update on Reclaim/Release

From Yaviey? Posted in Shard Status Forum

"Greetings, Ascended!

The hamsters were given too much caffeine this morning so we're back online sooner than anticipated. Unfortunately, we were unable to complete the planned name reclaim. We will reschedule this and update you when we know more.

In the meantime, the servers are back online. Happy hunting!

-RIFT Team"

Wish they had posted this here, in the original reclaim thread. I've been refreshing this link for a few hours now.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxblooded View Post
    Unfortunately, no. They pulled the names already (at the end of Jan), meaning nothing done now will retroactively affect what was already recorded as inactive. If you think you were on that inactives list, you may want to log in those characters quickly after the release (Feb 28) and reclaim them (if a name of one of your characters was freed up, you'll be prompted to rename; if nobody else has taken the name yet in the time between the release patch's finish and your login, you'll be able to reassociate the original name as if nothing happened).
    If it is delay in name release, then may be Trion will use this time to update their names database? To add the ones who logged after "at the end of Jan".

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #35
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

i am really sorry about this. I will advise when a new date is set.
    The data has already been pulled; I do not believe it will be pulled again because it is a massive file, but I will ask.
    Brasse

Soulwalker

Default Really Disappointed

I expected more than a half hearted late night apologize. I was looking forward to this event. It was even confirmed and the announcement of the extended downtime was even made. I logged in once the servers were back up, I immediately purchased a name change scroll, used it, logged off only to find out that I couldn't change my name to the one i wanted, and further more I couldn't use my old name either. So my character is now sitting nameless and in order to log in to my main character I've gotta give him a name. Trion owes me a name reclaim scroll.
    Last edited by Axtor; 03-01-2018 at 08:16 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    i am really sorry about this. I will advise when a new date is set.
    The data has already been pulled; I do not believe it will be pulled again because it is a massive file, but I will ask.
    Brasse
    It would be nice if the data was pulled again. I'm pretty sure I returned right after the data pull, and if in a month or so I lose my name, it would not be a happy event.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    i am really sorry about this.
    Brasse
    Not your fault. It's inexcusably unprofessional and just plain piss-poor behaviour from those who -are- screwing up and using you as a shield. You're communicating as quickly and as extensively as you can with what you're given (and work to get).

Too bad that other post got deleted. I coulda made a really good joke here.

Default Call it Woman's Intuition

I can't really explain why I feel this, but I think the current phase of the Name Reclaim has become huge PITA for Trion. They did a great job communicating that it was coming up. They pushed it hard and then got all the data pulled of "inactive names". But this current process has been planned and then replanned. Scheduled and then rescheduled. They've updated us that it looks like the process is going to take a long downtime to update. Even with that, they've had it planned at least twice. All of us are ready for it. Some are excited and ready for whenever it actually happens. Others are frustrated by the delays.

Now, I can't explain why I think this, but I feel like Trion is even more frustrated with the delays than we are. As if it's one of those things that all the programmers, developers, managers and everyone is all on board and ready to go... and SOMETHING is holding it up, something that is irrational, not expected and well, a Pain in the A... I mean, PITA.

Even if that's not the case, I do believe that folks there are well aware of how frustrating this can be for folks who are very excited about getting their "favorite" names once again. I have a suggestion for Axtor and others who may be trying to maximize their chances to get their favorite name on their favorite PC. Make another free to play account. Camp on the Forums on the day planned for the names to be released. I use "What's New?" to see all things.. not just this thread, patch notes, and new threads folks bring up. That way you know as soon as possible it's ready to go. Then go jump on the new free account, get on the correct shard, slap together a character really fast and then grab that special name. Once you have control of it, at your leisure you can move it to your main character by deleting the character with your name just before you are ready to use the Name Change scroll. Also, it is not unreasonable to see if a CS ticket might help you get a new name change scroll. It might not work, but it never hurts to ask. Good luck.

And back I go.. patiently waiting to see if some of my favorites are even going to be available. I'm afraid that they won't be, but a girl can hope!

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #40
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by JDTAdmin View Post
    It would be nice if the data was pulled again. I'm pretty sure I returned right after the data pull, and if in a month or so I lose my name, it would not be a happy event.
    It will be

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by BigDataDude View Post
    It will be
    Data will be pulled again? Cool, thanks!

With all the announcements about Prime, I am sure there is an influx of players returning right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JDTAdmin View Post
    Data will be pulled again? Cool, thanks!

With all the announcements about Prime, I am sure there is an influx of players returning right now.

This is good news for me too! I logged back in at the end of February - way too late for the January 31st cut-off. So I was just prepared to rename as quickly as I could, and if I lost any, think up some new names. Feeling a bit relieved that I won't need to do that.

I am coming back for Prime - and it's really after I watched the recent Livestream with Amary, Brasse, Chris, and [Dead}Simon that I felt the pull to come back to a game I really enjoyed so much. I may get the pack, mainly to share the extra 15-day codes with my daughter - I would love to introduce her to the game, she has a lot of stress at work and plays the LotRO festivals to chill out, so she may really like RIFT as well. Woot!

Edit: And I'm not seeking "vanilla" or PvP - I am happy to play on a sub-only server, with a very "lite" cash shop. I know it's progression and is expected to end - but wouldn't it be nice if it became a sustainable hit?
    Last edited by GamingMimi; 03-01-2018 at 03:39 PM.
    Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Axtor View Post
    I expected more than a half hearted late night apologize. I was looking forward to this event. It was even confirmed and the announcement of the extended downtime was even made. I logged in once the servers were back up, I immediately purchased a name change scroll, used it, logged off only to find out that I couldn't change my name to the one i wanted, and further more I couldn't use my old name either. So my character is now sitting nameless and in order to log in to my main character I've gotta give him a name. Trion owes me a name reclaim scroll.
    Really no reason to buy a scroll. Make a new toon with your new name when the reclaim happens, then switch shards with your old toon. Come back in a week, and take your new name.

So how many more months will this drag on?????????????

Soulwalker

it will never happen

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast