Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: UPDATED: NAME RECLAIM/RELEASE MAR 7! YER BURNIN' QUESTIONS ANSWERED...

that means they arnt planning a 5-6hr patch yet, they will post when they ARE planning it, they cant give us their thoughts 24-7 or they'd be taking too much time away from getting our content produced, cut the devs a little slack at least.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #17
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

CONFIRMED: Name Reclaim is scheduled for Wednesday, February 28th, 2018.
    Currently the time set for the patch is the normal 7:30am PT, with EU on March 1 at 2:00 AM UTC - please watch for the actual downtimes to be posted next week, just in case these times shift.

Meanwhile, the question of in-game mail seems pretty straightforward - let me know if I am missing something here:

- Bobthaelfink has logged in within the past year. If you send mail to Bobthaelfink tomorrow and they haven't picked it up yet when they decide to change their name to something new next week, it was already delivered to his account ID and will be in his inbox regardless of name.

- If Bobthaelfink doesn't tell people about his new name, then he's not much of a friend and why on earth would you send him anything valuable? His new name will show up in chat, guild and friend lists.

- Dorotheathadorf has not logged in within the past year. I can't think of any reason you'd send her an in-game email. This one seems like an extreme edge case, but you could contact CS and tell them you sent mail to a player who has not been online in over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    CONFIRMED: Name Reclaim is scheduled for Wednesday, February 28th, 2018.
    Currently the time set for the patch is the normal 7:30am PT, with EU on March 1 at 2:00 AM UTC - please watch for the actual downtimes to be posted next week, just in case these times shift.

Meanwhile, the question of in-game mail seems pretty straightforward - let me know if I am missing something here:

- Bobthaelfink has logged in within the past year. If you send mail to Bobthaelfink tomorrow and they haven't picked it up yet when they decide to change their name to something new next week, it was already delivered to his account ID and will be in his inbox regardless of name.

- If Bobthaelfink doesn't tell people about his new name, then he's not much of a friend and why on earth would you send him anything valuable? His new name will show up in chat, guild and friend lists.

- Dorotheathadorf has not logged in within the past year. I can't think of any reason you'd send her an in-game email. This one seems like an extreme edge case, but you could contact CS and tell them you sent mail to a player who has not been online in over a year.
    actually I meant as to yer not taking names off characters until they log in again

I send Deadpool a mail expecting it to go to my newly renamed toon but instead it goes to the person who hasnt logged in in 4yrs because the system prioritized the wrong ID when it chose which Deadpool on Hailol to send it to

Plane Walker

so long as I log into my toons once each before then I should be ok? :P

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    actually I meant as to yer not taking names off characters until they log in again

I send Deadpool a mail expecting it to go to my newly renamed toon but instead it goes to the person who hasnt logged in in 4yrs because the system prioritized the wrong ID when it chose which Deadpool on Hailol to send it to
    Just send 1 silver to Deadpool after you have gotten Deadpool to test it? The live database will be updated the instant you change your name so I don't think there will be a problem (unless you send it 0.1 sec after ur name change)
    Last edited by Wowo; 02-20-2018 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post

As far as I understand. 2 situations.. before patch and after patch

Before patch.. Deadpool@Hailol, having that name before patch for over 4yrs already, without logging in for 4 yrs.

After patch.. no char named Deadpool@Hailol, because the name has been released. The first player claiming that name will have it.

So any mail sent before patch to Deadpool@Hailol will go to the player who has been holding that name for those 4yrs already... and will have it in mailbox.

Any mail sent to Deadpool@Hailol after the patch will go to the player who has claimed that name... and only AFTER the name has been claimed..
    For with the name reclaim/release, there should be no player with the name Deadpool@Hailol until that name is claimed.

Sending any mail to Deadpool@Hailol after patch, but before that name has been claimed by you or another player will/should result in the message ''Player not found/does not exist"

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    <snip>

So any mail sent before patch to Deadpool@Hailol will go to the player who has been holding that name for those 4yrs already... and will have it in mailbox.

<snip>
    Any mail sent before patch to Deadpool@Hailol within 30 days before name reclaim happens, will be in their mailbox. All mail sent before that moment has already been sent back to the toons who sent it (automatic in-game mechanism).

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    Any mail sent before patch to Deadpool@Hailol within 30 days before name reclaim happens, will be in their mailbox. All mail sent before that moment has already been sent back to the toons who sent it (automatic in-game mechanism).
    ;) Name reclaim/release actions were announced some 7 or 8 weeks ago.
    And players are worried what happens with mail being send to players that claim a name that once belonged to somebody else...

i think it is safe to assume that any mail sent before the announcement is not raising much concern.
    Since this mail is either in the mailbox of the intended recipient or returned to sender already
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-21-2018 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    As far as I understand. 2 situations.. before patch and after patch

Before patch.. Deadpool@Hailol, having that name before patch for over 4yrs already, without logging in for 4 yrs.

After patch.. no char named Deadpool@Hailol, because the name has been released. The first player claiming that name will have it.

Any mail sent to Deadpool@Hailol after the patch will go to the player who has claimed that name... and only AFTER the name has been claimed..
    For with the name reclaim/release, there should be no player with the name Deadpool@Hailol until that name is claimed.

Sending any mail to Deadpool@Hailol after patch, but before that name has been claimed by you or another player will/should result in the message ''Player not found/does not exist"
    ok because I seem to be confusing everyone, they said for dimensions guild rosters and friends lists that <original>@<shard> will remain on that persons guild roster, friends' lists and dimensions will the mail not also see that name still in place until they log in and change it for all place holders?

Quote Originally Posted by sofeorus View Post
    so long as I log into my toons once each before then I should be ok? :P
    Unfortunately, no. They pulled the names already (at the end of Jan), meaning nothing done now will retroactively affect what was already recorded as inactive. If you think you were on that inactives list, you may want to log in those characters quickly after the release (Feb 28) and reclaim them (if a name of one of your characters was freed up, you'll be prompted to rename; if nobody else has taken the name yet in the time between the release patch's finish and your login, you'll be able to reassociate the original name as if nothing happened).

Thanks for the exact patch start timing, Brasse!

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26

NAME RECLAIM IS CONFIRMED AGAIN FOR TOMORROW'S PATCH, THE MORNING OF WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28!

We do not yet have a time for the patch. I am watching the internal channels like a hawk (a hawk that drinks Coke Zero and has opposable thumbs) and will post it here as well as the Server Status thread.

Brasse

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #27

And now we have TIMES:

NA shards: February 28 2018. Downtime starts at 6:00 AM Pacific. Estimating opening at 11:00 AM Pacific. This is an estimate only and MAY run over. We will not unlock earlier.

EU shards: March 1, 2018. Downtime starts at 2:00 AM UTC. Estimating opening at 6:00 AM UTC. This is an estimate only and MAY run over. We will not unlock earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    And now we have TIMES:

NA shards: February 28 2018. Downtime starts at 6:00 AM Pacific. Estimating opening at 11:00 AM Pacific. This is an estimate only and MAY run over. We will not unlock earlier.

EU shards: March 1, 2018. Downtime starts at 2:00 AM UTC. Estimating opening at 6:00 AM UTC. This is an estimate only and MAY run over. We will not unlock earlier.
    Excellent, thanks again. The "will not unlock earlier" promise is especially appreciated by those of us on odd schedules.
    Last edited by Foxblooded; 02-27-2018 at 09:30 PM.

Default Feb 28 a early April fools day?

OMG fooled again, geez these delays, I cant be taking time off work every time you guys say its Name Reclaim and then turn around and push it farther down the road!!!!!!!!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Foxblooded View Post
    Excellent, thanks again. The "will not unlock earlier" promise is especially appreciated by those of us on odd schedules.

Names weren't released, I guess that's why they unlocked early. Pushed back again?
    Czaar@Laethys

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast