Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFTstream - All Aboard the Atrophinius Lore Train!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default RIFTstream - All Aboard the Atrophinius Lore Train!

We're a bit late getting the stream sorted out this week, as everyone is working on projects for Live and Prime... but hey, I caught me a Captain Cursor, A.K.A. Atrophinius, and he'd LOVE to talk more lore tomorrow, if only to get out of his other pressing deadlines!

Brasse Dwarf will log into an EU server first (Typheria) to lay out artifacts and pinatas until enough players gather to challenge her for an Eternal Item while Atrophinius rambles on. Then we'll do some giveaways and switch to an NA server (Faeblight), for more artifacts, pinatas and chance at an Eternal Item. Zones will be announced as we go.

CHANGE IN PLANS!
    Atrophinius is commandeering the livestream on PTS SERVER. Zones: Silverwood (Freemarch as a backup). Mayhem will ensue!

Post your pressing Lore questions here (lore ONLY - Brasse and Atrophinius know nothing of engineering, think bugs are due to living too close to swampy areas and cannot balance their own checkbooks, never mind classes... but RP and lore? HECK YES!

RIFT LoreStream

www.twitch.tv/trionworlds
    11:30 AM PDT
    Be there!
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 02-01-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Any lore question or questions specific to Atrophinius?

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

General Lore Question: What can you tell us about Pallas?

She's one of the "bad futures" that Aia thinks will come if we don't stop Cosmologist Mann. She has a pet devil. She looks very much like Asha. One of the Not-Orphiels in Vostigar Peaks mistook Asha for her, I think.

Inquiring minds want to know.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Any lore question, Atrophinius-related or not!
    ;-)#

Would it be possible if we could see more lore backstory on the Blood Storm Wars from all those many years ago and more info on the heroes of that time? Oh and sort of question, sort of heartfelt suggestion: Can we see maybe some storylines for each of the races? Maybe weave it into the next expac/major patch with some info about the different races, just fleshing them out more!

Another question is, are we ever going to see the Vigil gods in game? Or what happened to them? Where they went? Why are they not more involved? A definite piece of evidence on whether they are even still alive or not?

Thank you and thank you so much for doing another lore stream! I love those ones the most and am so excited to watch it!! <3

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

I'll take a 30-minute lorestream all about the typical daily food intake of Greenscale.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

What is the lore behind killing Greenscale a third time? >=)

As someone that is generally confused by which dragons are actually dead and which ones aren't, What dragons have we actually killed and which ones were just avatars? I'm sure someone else could explain it, but I want to hear it from the master or lore!
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 02-01-2018 at 04:27 PM.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Default Telaran Afterlife

What's the deal with Telara's afterlife these days? In the bits of the Plane of Fire we've seen it looks like the Plane of Fire acts as a sort of Hell, the place where dammed souls go. This seems to run counter to previous lore indicating that all the dead souls from Telara go to the Soulstream? Is it just those on the Vigil's naughty list go to the Plane of Fire and the rest go to the Soulstream or is there some other way this works?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    It's oft said, and I do paraphrase, that Trion could mail people $100 each and some would complain on the forums that it should have been more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyn View Post
    Hey folks,
    Just dropping in a reminder to ensure your posts are on topic, civil and constructive.
    Thanks!

Rift Disciple

Is the Infinity Gate’s location as seen in Mathosia an indication of the direction of Brevane and Dusken? Or is the Porticulum map (minus Plane of Water and Celestial Lands) an accurate representation of geographical location?

Is the Uythradge, Lord of Suffering, who attacks Rock Ridge in Scarlet Gorge the same Uythradge, Maelforge's whipping boy, that Boldoch mentions in Tartaric Depths?

Are Dimensions canon? Do Ascended have the ability to create and maintain pocket planes?

What happens to Ascended's bodies when we resurrect at a graveyard and receive a new body? Is there a job to clean up Ascended litter?

Is hiding armor via wardrobe canon?

Is Fyragnos from the Comet of Ahnket raid the “dragon from Mount Pyre” Burnpus referred to in Battle of St. Taranis or is that Shourgoth? Or another dragon?

Do Ascended need to eat?

What is the significance of the wings of the High Elves' racial, Angelic Fight?

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Can you please ask what is Atrophinius' favorite drink is? I've always been curious.
    Previously known as SupermanSocks

There might be an answer to this but... What happened to Miela? What was her ultimate fate? Is she still floating around out there somewhere?
    Dimensions:

Sorrow's End @ Faeblight

Fleabite best bite.

Plane Touched

Where does Aia stand in the fire hierarchy compared to Maelforge?

Quote Originally Posted by SonoMoenia View Post
    General Lore Question: What can you tell us about Pallas?

She's one of the "bad futures" that Aia thinks will come if we don't stop Cosmologist Mann. She has a pet devil. She looks very much like Asha. One of the Not-Orphiels in Vostigar Peaks mistook Asha for her, I think.

Inquiring minds want to know.
    Are Pallas and "the immortal empress" Ankhet speaks of the same entity?

And another thing : Is the Aia name an acronym?

I hope we will get answers. And that someone will summarize them on this forum after, because I can't understand what they say in these livestreams.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, à la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Shield of Telara

• In Vanilla Rift Regulos was presented as the main bad guy of Rift. He features in both starting experiences and is frequently referenced in game along with big events such as corrupting Kane. Is he still present in the universe or did we actually destroy him completly. If this is so then why is he no longer the big bad.
    • Crucia has featured in every expansion to this point. Why is Crucia such a central figure to the game? Does the Team think perhaps it is time to put her story to rest? - Yes I am not a particularly big fan of Crucia or all the robots in a fantasy game
    • Will there be any continuation of the Story Lines and characters from the initial four zones? - the Elf Queen and the Fire Lady from AshenFell (I forgot their names now doh), the Fae and the Kobolds.
    • Tasuil seems to be a polorizing character. Do you think perhaps the decision to have him grow up in game rather than be born with a degree of wisdom already instilled was a good idea? Sadly I find his tween like character and voice to be quite grating.
    • Lore Wise which race would make a good choice to be playable by the players. Boglings seem the most likely or perhaps Kobolds. Sobeks would be funny.

• What is Carliazdijalla up to now, after we thwarted her plans in the Tartaric Depths?
    • Can you give us more insight into HOW source magic works? You mentioned that you have ironed out the details. Inquiring minds would like to know.
    • How many akvan could an akvan akvan if an akvan could akvan akvan?
    • What does Aia think about the time travel shenanigans that ensued in Vostigar Peaks?
    • Is Ahnket primarily the tower, with the rest of the comet formed around her? or is Ahnket the ENTIRETY of the comet, expanding herself as she rips out portions of the planes.
    • Why hasn't Ahnket sent an invasion force into Telara itself to diver the ascended away from her comet?
    • Can we get a hint about where the story is going next?
    Last edited by Clowd; 02-02-2018 at 06:42 AM.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast