+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: QOL: Eternal Weapon Upgrade Update!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default OFFICIAL: QOL: Eternal Weapon Upgrade Update!

http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/?p=3999

Hello, Ascended!

The Eternal Weapon Quest gets NERFED... in a good way! (See Dwarf celebrating above with definitely-not-an-Eternal-Weapon)

Watch for the reworked Eternal Weapon upgrade path! Please send thanks, flowers, and your "about time!" comments to Tacitus. Huzzah!

The active upgrade steps and the quest chain have been separated out. The quest chain is still required at various steps, but the quest chain is now focused on quest activities.

The other upgrade activities such as closing Rifts, killing colossi, and running Expert dungeons are now tracked only on the weapon.
    To keep it easy to track progress, a Track Progress checkbox has been added to the Upgrade Item window.
    Additionally, the upgrade requirements for each step have been greatly decreased, making it easier to gear up alts or for new players to catch up on gearing!

These changes will be on the PTS for testing TODAY TOMORROW, Feb 1, and will be rolled out to Live soon!
    Brasse

p.s. Please remind all your friends to get ALL inactive characters logged in to Live servers TODAY to keep their names safe. The great Name Reclaim list will be pulled just after midnight... pass it on!

p.p.s. QOL = Quality of Life. These are improvements that we hope to institute on a regular basis to make your days better. Thanks for all the feedback!
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 01-31-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Thanks Tacitus for this, I personally really appreciate the work he and the devs does with limited man power and tight schedule, If we had more people to lift weight from shoulders game would be in better position on live, still better than never but if this patch applied at least 3 months ago many people kept playing still, I know many players left game or never started back because of this. Anyway once again thanks for such update.
    Last edited by aileen; 01-31-2018 at 01:02 PM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    GCDDisplay - Tweaked a simple way to track your gcd.
    RiftMeter for 4.3, Last update: 07/12/2017
    Some Gadgets tweaks,Updated BiSCaL for 4.3
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Thanks Tacitus for this, I personally really appreciate the work he and the devs does with limited man power and tight schedule, If we had more people to lift weight from shoulders game would be in better position on live, still better than never but if this patch applied at least 3 months ago many people kept playing still, I know many players left game or never started back because of this. Anyway once again thanks for such update.
    Total agreed !!
    Now what part will be removed..
    What are the new quest chain ?

I'm seeing (subject to change)

30 Infernal foes (was 200(?))
    400 invasions (was 1000) and 40 colossi (was 50)
    Wicket to 15 (was 25)
    25 dungeons (was 100)
    5 ez Malannons (was 16(?))
    6 High Priests (was 16)

Rift closure requirements are decimated across the board, with the max being 120 on the last stage.
    Last stage still requires 25 particles.

Very welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post

The active upgrade steps and the quest chain have been separated out. The quest chain is still required at various steps, but the quest chain is now focused on quest activities.

The other upgrade activities such as closing Rifts, killing colossi, and running Expert dungeons are now tracked only on the weapon.
    To keep it easy to track progress, a Track Progress checkbox has been added to the Upgrade Item window.
    Additionally, the upgrade requirements for each step have been greatly decreased, making it easier to gear up alts or for new players to catch up on gearing!
    Nice to see some catch up mechanics coming. We REALLY needed it. TY for listening.

But if I understand well, we will have some quests to do and some farm to do as before, but not linked? This means we can progress on the farm part while doing Wicket ?
    Or finish the quest part while working on the X experts?

Nice move, but what will happen to people working on current stages when these changes come live?
    I am on the 100 experts stage, have done 31. All other things for this stage are done.
    What will happen? I hope it doesn't mean loss of work already done and quest reset to equivalent stage begining...

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

Heads up that my code didn't make it to PTS this build, it should be there tomorrow, so the new ability to track your item progress currently is unavailable.
    Last edited by RoughRaptors; 01-31-2018 at 01:32 PM.
    Previously known as SupermanSocks

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Please NO.
    This is one of the things that need nerf, because they are an absolute wall for some people.
    Make them 10/15/20 and it will be ok.

no need to nerf it so much, this was not long or difficult

make it 50 (or 40) EVENTS done (excluding unstable) so we don't have to suffer from people being jerks on event bosses and don't have to do 100 events to tag 20 colossi.

Wicket to 15 (was 25)

ok

25 dungeons (was 100)
    ok

if it is EASY malannon, you can leave it as it was, people do them for hours to farm intel

6 High Priests (was 16)
    I would prefer 18 BOSSES in this raid, not only phenix, because some guilds can kill previous bosses but not this one, and lack of dps from not having the weapon prevents us from progressing on it. No phenix = no weapon and no weapon = no phenix...
    18 bosses would be 6 weeks, less for guilds farming it, but those already have finished their weapon grind.
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 01-31-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    I'm seeing (subject to change)

Wicket to 15 (was 25)
    25 dungeons (was 100)
    6 High Priests (was 16)

Rift closure requirements are decimated across the board, with the max being 120 on the last stage.

Very welcome!
    These changes are SO wonderful. I'd love it if current progress happens even if we are not on that part of what was once the previous progression - for example, my guild carries my primalist with my weapon at purple (not quite light blue eternal) and we kill High Priest and that kill counts as one of my six needed. But if even not, I'm still VERY excited by this news.

Heck, my primalist is currently stuck at the dungeons with 31 done of 100 needed. I'd be perfectly happy if after the change, I was still stuck on the dungeons at 0 done of 25, effectively getting reset at the beginning. That's how much I LOVE these changes.

And I can't wait to reach out to my new raiders, my old guildies lingering at their keyboards contemplating coming back, etc etc etc.

Did I say THANK YOU yet?
    Last edited by SonoMoenia; 01-31-2018 at 01:40 PM.

This is how these types of 'nerfs' affect legacy players... You climb one of the highest & toughest mountains, you look around proudly knowing how few have seen this view, then, six months later you return and there's a tram to the top with a gift shop, McDonalds wrappers and empty Coke cans all over the ground.

I Rift, therefore I am.

I AM SO HAPPY
    ArmyOfTheDead Valcury@gelidra

Quote Originally Posted by Wonk View Post
    This is how these types of 'nerfs' affect legacy players... You climb one of the highest & toughest mountains, you look around proudly knowing how few have seen this view, then, six months later you return and there's a tram to the top with a gift shop, McDonalds wrappers and empty Coke cans all over the ground.

But you still can be proud of climbing it on foot. This only helps people coming late to join you for the party instead of watching you from below.

Plane Touched

When I checked the Malanon kills didn't specify normal or LFR difficulties.

Can you please please please change the particle quest to something not 25.. SO many people have complained over that part of the chain. I know really good raiders who couldn't do it, so please look into changing that - that part was the worst. make it like 8/12/16 or something more manageable.

One other note: I would personally think that adding the WICKET minion to the EXPERT runs would make a bit more sense, since you are basically doing nothing while leveling up WICKET when you could in fact being running experts at the same time.. Just my 2c !@@!

I do think you guys nerfed it *too* much actually, but a nerf is good So happy for all the new people who need to catch up quicker :

I think 50 experts is manageable, but 25 is okay I guess.
    I would have cut the collosit to HALF, not drop by only 10. But that is not a big deal.. that part can go somewhat quickly.
    I am glad you reduced the other stuff thank you!

PS. once again, please nerf the particle quest! lol
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "If my life is for rent. And I don't learn to buy. Well I deserve nothing more than I get. 'Cause nothing I have is truly mine!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    Nice move, but what will happen to people working on current stages when these changes come live?
    I am on the 100 experts stage, have done 31. All other things for this stage are done.
    What will happen? I hope it doesn't mean loss of work already done and quest reset to equivalent stage begining...
    Can confirm that at least for experts/rifts, progress seems to carry over. My mage is 75/100 experts on live, and copied to PTS this is what his eternal looks like:

Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

Telaran

Thumbs up

As someone who has finished the eternal already, I wholeheartedly thank you for this change. The time investment, from looking at these changes, seems much more reasonable to tell a new or returning player they'll have to face then what we had before.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast