+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: QOL: Eternal Weapon Upgrade Update!

Have you devs found a way to prevent the weapon quests from reseting with the change?

I don't understand why the new system keeps memory of everything you did but can't remember you did the particles thing...

If I have to do it again it would be the last nail in the coffin for me...

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Soulwalker

so the current state on PTS resets the particles requirement if you've already done it??

just spent some an hour doing it in readiness for the change, I'm on 6/15 IROTP and 73/320 rifts

What about those of us who suffer from Vertigo and can not complete the sparkles part? is there a chance to offer us an alternative? I really hate not being to upgrade because I suffer from something I can not cure or fix
    Have you ever wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Heads up that my code didn't make it to PTS this build, it should be there tomorrow, so the new ability to track your item progress currently is unavailable.
    What about the cosmic sparkles part? I suffer terrible vertigo and can not do it. I have tried but always end up tossing my cookies and not completing it. Please consider an option for those like me who can not, for medical reasons, complete this quest chain. I am stuck at 1st upgrade now for a long time
    Have you ever wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekien View Post
    so the current state on PTS resets the particles requirement if you've already done it??
    It did last time I went to PTS to test.
    I am at 20 particles stage (managed to do it after hours of effort), with everything done and 35/100 experts.
    On PTS the weapon showed all requirements ok for upgrade, but NOT the particle thing. So yes this part is reset. And I don't think I can stand the idea of doing it again. I hope this will be fixed.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Maybe, just maybe... Trion should consider making this eternal weapon quest chain top priority...

Valentine is not a massive thing (again), people are disappointed with the whole time-consuming adjustment of the quest chain and not many have been happy with the quest chain as it is/was at all.

Perhaps the easiest solution is making the particles an achievement...
    5 achievement points for 15 particles,
    10 for 20 particles and
    50 for 25 particles.. and a title for that achievement.

2nd thing.. make the achievement part of the quest chain.. not the quest.
    3rd.. make it happy valentine for all and give everybody who logs in during Valentine week.. 14th till 21st an autocomplete for the 15 particles.

That prolly will give a lot of love towards Trion.

Cool !!

And more exacly when is the nerf ?

Isp
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sovi View Post
    And more exacly when is the nerf ?
    Tomorrow if we lucky, or this month, but definitely this year
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

Will the helm and ranged requirements be nerfed as well to match the difficulty of the new eternal?

Also, I'm not entirely sure why people struggle with cosmic particles so much. On my 2nd attempt, I managed to get 25 particles as well as the shard first achievement. All you have to do is take your time and don't be rushed. Using the two abilities with proper timing (when you've stopped moving forward) will allow you to reorient your character and NOT descend. You can repeat the short-long-short-long jump as much as you want so that you are perfectly oriented with your cosmic particle, making sure no red particle is behind it. Also, given that your fall speed is reduced significantly, you really don't need fast reflexes.
    I imagine Ping would be an issue to some people, but if ping is stable and high, learning the timing of the jumps would take 20 seconds. If your hardware cant keep up 30fps on this game, then reduce the graphics/resolution to make it smoother.
    You really do have to be patient if you fail, because if you keep retrying your frustration will only make it worse on yourself.
    Last edited by Asphinx; 02-13-2018 at 10:10 AM.

Ascendant

The nerf will help catch up but you still have to consider the Trinket. Maybe they can finally reset carnages for this expansion like they did in SL to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphinx View Post
    Will the helm and ranged requirements be nerfed as well to match the difficulty of the new eternal?

Also, I'm not entirely sure why people struggle with cosmic particles so much. On my 2nd attempt, I managed to get 25 particles as well as the shard first achievement.............
    As goes with certain physical (dis)abilities..

You don't know what you got till you loose it. And once you've lost it, you learn to appriciate what you still can and work with that.

Not knowing what that is like is a blessing, but makes it harder to understand what it does for those who do have that knowledge.
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-14-2018 at 07:52 AM.

Soulwalker

I'm wondering for those who reached final eternal stage till the date of the nerf, if it's possible to award a legacy achievement about it?
    Grinding all stages took so much time and effort, I'm sure players would be pleased to have a commemorative achie.
    Thx for considering it.

title, achieve or cape

I'd support that very much

A lightblue cape with darker blue bubbles and 1 red bubble,
    Title : the bubble blower for 25 particles
    Title : Eternally yours for the original eternal grind
    Achievement : Into eternity, the sky is the limit.

ps. mentioned in another thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    So the short answer is that there is no realistic way to reduce the Wicket requirement from 25. Having attempted to do so is what is breaking the wicket steps.

So, there are two options:
    1) Restore the Wicket step to how it was.
    2) Rip out the Wicket step entirely.

Option 2 is what we are going with. It will not, unfortunately, be fixed until next week's patch.
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-14-2018 at 08:03 PM.

Soulwalker

Patch is active. Weapon can not be updated. My wicket is 21. But at the update window Wicket is greyed out.

FAIL eternal ... im stuck at 43/25 Experts ; 277/50 Rifts )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast