+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: QOL: Eternal Weapon Upgrade Update!

Shadowlander

Default Bad Nerf

Although Gratefull for any part removal of this.. this. insult. In my opinion, the badly created, designed, approved & implemented eternal upgrade would have had very few demands for a nerf IF ONLY you removed the Insulting Mario Brother's like child Task: "Cosmic Particles". Everyone needs to close rifts, or kill bosses. I did not choose to Purchase, & pay for, Patron of Rift, to experience a retro childhood console game.
    The mechanical movement penalties, speed, and high reflex dependant task are just too much for many people. Myself included. I have had to ask a much younger friend, with a better reflexes, hardware / graphic equipped computer, to do these Slap-in-my-face insulting tasks.
    I realize to alter that specific task is a long & difficult process. Which is another reason it should have never been conceived, or been included at all.

I am sure it is too late now too remove the "Bubble Task" all together, I just wish I could Force all of You to complete a task that you cannot complete, and Insults you at the same time

If I wanted to, and had the reflexes to, I would play Mario Brothers on a console.

Quote from above post..
    "I am sure it is too late now too remove the "Bubble Task" all together, I just wish I could Force all of You to complete a task that you cannot complete, and Insults you at the same time"

Some might say they already have that task.. fix all bugs

On a sidenote... the particles quest was made with the idea it did fit certain raid requirements... avoid red, turn, aim, use abilities (remember Crucia/Frozen Tempest, Jultarin fight, following the orders in RotP.. )

From experience, Raid fights are more forgiving than particles when you hit the wrong button or something goes wrong with the movement. And I can't really recall a fight where you get killed after finishing the boss, tho Gyell can come close.
    Yet particles, you can get your 15 and after that hit a red, killing your accomplishment

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Most likely is for next week. But that is dependent on getting it well-tested, so the time frame is not a promise. But it is certainly my intent.
    How when the PTS has been down all day yesterday and again today are we supposed to have the new fixes tested for release on the 14th?
    Prime Hunter Jupitr Abrasx the God Slayer - Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Rastifann View Post
    Although Gratefull for any part removal of this.. this. insult. In my opinion, the badly created, designed, approved & implemented eternal upgrade would have had very few demands for a nerf IF ONLY you removed the Insulting Mario Brother's like child Task: "Cosmic Particles".
    It's not my intention to insult you with this reply, but you're essentially saying this is easy enough for a child to do, but not for the numerous adults who play the game. :|

Tacitus did mention that he would personally like to add in an alternative path in the future for cosmic particles, but because they're so ingrained into the script, it's difficult to apply a simple fix or remove it completely without spending a lot of extra time and resources. Considering how easy it actually is vs all of the other things that need to be fixed, it's pretty low on the list of priorities.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Soulwalker

Yes the particle portion of the upgrade is a pain but not beyond the capabilities of most people here. You say that you need to be young to complete it. I disagree, have completed it and i am older than my level. So practice, it took me a while but I got it, you will get it also.

Ascendant

I suggest you extend the boss kills to 12 and add Malannon and Azranel with High Priest to the list. It is time to think about being less divisive to the community and look at the player base for what it is.. We have so many raid leaders who do not want to look at another IROTP because they ran that raid 2 dozen times or more but are still willing to do 1/3 BOS or Normal TD.

In this way it may take 12 weeks to complete eternal quest just doing IROTP but it will force them to want to do TD and Azranel which is something a developer should want and it can be as little as 4 weeks if they manage to do all bosses. Give them a desire to play all your content instead of the "waiting game" approach.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 02-08-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Soulwalker

I've been a release enthousiast and storm legion enthousiast. And why I tried what was in between Storm legion and now I admit gladly that storytelling quality of rift is outstanding and core mechanics of the game are still engaging.

I still stoped at the "kill 50 event bosses". This wtf-esque quest chain to progress a mechanically subpar / stats inflated weapon was imho a very bad idea and the execution of it is imho absolutely terrible. The new system is imho better, suggestion is to lower even boss from 40 to 5 or 10. It is a very mechanical task that requires any constructive involvment from the player (time server switches, yeay)

In the other hand I found that gathering the particle and minion leveling fun parts
    Last edited by galuf; 02-09-2018 at 04:27 AM.

Shadowlander

Default Bubble Quest

Quote Originally Posted by Charrin View Post
    Yes the particle portion of the upgrade is a pain but not beyond the capabilities of most people here. You say that you need to be young to complete it. I disagree, have completed it and i am older than my level. So practice, it took me a while but I got it, you will get it also.
    How nice you are not handicapped, or can still Complete any game task demanded. That is YOU. not everyone else in game. " You will get it also." Please don't assume things. After at least 150 attempts, it is pointless to try and encourage to me. I Hate even more, the fact that Rift Assumes everyone has the same capabilities in order to do any task given.
    With no alternatives, Nerf or removal, there will be NO eternal upgrade for me. This is why I have to ask a friend to complete it for me. No, I do Not have the reflexes. No , I do not have any more patience. And No, I am not interested in Rift Prime. But Yes, I do see there are other games that ask for the same credit / cash for Upgrades, Without having to complete insulting tasks.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    Please NO.
    This is one of the things that need nerf, because they are an absolute wall for some people.
    Make them 10/15/20 and it will be ok.

30 Infernal foes (was 200(?))
    no need to nerf it so much, this was not long or difficult

400 invasions (was 1000) and 40 colossi (was 50)
    make it 50 (or 40) EVENTS done (excluding unstable) so we don't have to suffer from people being jerks on event bosses and don't have to do 100 events to tag 20 colossi.

Wicket to 15 (was 25)

ok

25 dungeons (was 100)
    ok

5 ez Malannons (was 16(?))
    if it is EASY malannon, you can leave it as it was, people do them for hours to farm intel

6 High Priests (was 16)
    I would prefer 18 BOSSES in this raid, not only phenix, because some guilds can kill previous bosses but not this one, and lack of dps from not having the weapon prevents us from progressing on it. No phenix = no weapon and no weapon = no phenix...
    18 bosses would be 6 weeks, less for guilds farming it, but those already have finished their weapon grind.
    If I have given up because I cannot get the first fifteen particles, how does this help if you still need the final 25?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    If changing is difficult, why not removing it totally?
    This is probably easier, and nobody will miss it. The particle thing adds nothing in the quest chain, only a big wall/stress for those who struggle to do it.
    And no, grouping is not an option. That is part of the problem, you have to do it solo and can't get help. I know several people who had to give their account to someone else to do this for them. When you come to such means, something needs to be done to solve the problem.

EDIT : I just read Tacitus' answers, and if I understand well, his problem is things are so complex that changing anything in the quest chain can have some domino effect.
    So now we have 4 possibilities : make the quest a group one (I think it is not easy because you also have the daily version), change numbers (Tacitus said not easy), or remove them (maybe easier?), or add another quest and you can choose your way (best choice, but the one with most work to do maybe because design a new quest).

Please if you choose the alternate way, don't make the new quest another dexterity-style thing.
    Something related to game content (win X BGs or do X daily quests or kill X rare mobs in VP...). The "or" is important there. Give us choices to fit different playstyles, so this journey feels less like a grind and more as a fun game.
    I would like to see these changes on all stages. For expert stages, for example, having choice between 25 experts, or 25 BGs, or a mix. Would be far less boring and players would feel free to choose what they like most.
    Until the particle part of the quest is removed, I will content myself with making new chars and deleting them when I'm annoyed.

The one thing that annoys me most about the eternal upgrade is the point, that the first step is already hindering a lot of people to progress.

I wouldn't care about the grind for 200 rifts, 1k invasions, 50 zone bosses or w/e.. That gets easier as your gear gets better and with time invested..

But that first step should be attainable by everybody. The 2nd onehander for rogue should have come with the original quest.. not with an upgrade.
    If that first step had been 100 rifts, 200 footholds, 1000 invasions and 50 zone bosses, it would have been obtainable by everybody willing to put in the time.

The steps that actually make the weapon ready for raid fights.. I'm fine with that needing more .. like the particle quest, instance kills, full instance runs..
    Wicket minion... could have been a sidequest, to kill 100 VP rares..
    Something people could have started on before getting the eternal weapon quest,
    so the time to level wicket would be spread and not be included in a specific stage of the upgrade path. and something available to all, including those who don't upgrade their weapon.
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-09-2018 at 07:07 AM.

Isp
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    Wicket minion... could have been a sidequest, to kill 100 VP rares..
    Something people could have started on before getting the eternal weapon quest,
    so the time to level wicket would be spread and not be included in a specific stage of the upgrade path. and something available to all, including those who don't upgrade their weapon.
    Then it would defy it purpose. Wicket quest was added as "motivation" to spend credits (and many did).
    Last edited by Isp; 02-09-2018 at 07:23 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

not necessarily...

Had Wicket been from an achieve such as 100 VP rares, .. could have been availabe for a summoned level 1..

but levelling up Wicket asap would have been the goal for those who at that moment were on the upgrade path already... It wouldn't have influenced those on that path that much... since the levelled minion was a req already for finishing a stage.

It would have made a difference for those catching up on gearing, who reached level 70 at a later stage..
    They would have been able to start with Wicket at a lower char level already, thus making the catch up on Wicket less of a burden, since they would have levelled him up to a certain point already before starting the stage where the level req would be needed.

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #119
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

I looked into the leveling Wicket vs the Experts to see if they could be moved around, and there is unfortunately no good way to do so that would not reset some amount of progress for some players or make it so that the experts were skipped all together by other players.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Ascendant

We have been away for a while and can't play as much as we want at the moment ... the particles are horrible (more for me than my partner, and so far I have not been annoyed enough to let him do it for me) but otherwise we also have kind of given up on progressing right now. Most of the die-hards in our guild already have the weapon (and who can blame them , nobody) and you kind of can't do anything end game nowadays without 'linking your eternal'.... which probably will end in us having to find another game.... can't really imagine that, been playing for years now , almost since the beginning.

Thank you Tacitus and the team for at least making an attempt to make it better... The whole good intention Trion must have had with this eternal weapon has just ended up being more of a gap creator, which is really sad to see

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast